Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
Me and a friend were having a discussion a while back about people naming thier kids weird names.  For instance, I knew a guy in high school named Rusty Nail and another lady named Mertle Gertile.  These folks have to go through a lifetime of hearing people say "huh huh your name is Mertle Gertile, HAHA".  Well, you never hear about anyone getting in trouble for naming thier kids ridiculas things so what if you named your kid Mucus or Snot, or even Tampon?  What if you went even further than that and named your kid Jewnigger?  What, if anything, could the law or child services do to you for that? 

Could they take away your kids or maybe get a court order to have the name changed?  Is there any kind of written law that forbids you to name a child something along these lines?  What if I named my kid Red?

Red Nix (get it?)
Jewnigger Nix
Mucus Nix
Snot Nix
Poop Nix
Yu Nix
Harry Sack Nix

WHAT COULD THEY DO?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
as far as i know, there's no written law forbidding names such as those.

however, i doubt it would be too difficult to make a case that a parent who would name a child something like that isn't fit for parenting and the child is better off in the hands of CWS, where his/her name could be changed legally.

also...jew isnt derogatory.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
i will give my child a normal name ... think it gonna be the name of my first girlfriend
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6767|Canader , eh?
hey...stop dissing everyones name..my name is Chance...so stop..it aint funny
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
im not dissing anyones name
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6761|Internet!

Cougar wrote:

Yu Nix
A name for a girl, perhaps?
monkeyhunkeytunkey
+2|6742
lol aasking my appinion ill suck and let my wife pick one.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
whahahah thats so lame ,,, let your wife pick a name for your child wahahahaahahha
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas

Kanil wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Yu Nix
Nah, Yu Nix (UNIX), get it..
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center

Cougar wrote:

Kanil wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Yu Nix
Nah, Yu Nix (UNIX), get it..
...i thought of it more like eunich.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6776|Kansas, USA
I knew a girl in middle school withthe name Candy Barr! I also heard of a woman who (ignorant of the meaning of the word) named her daughter Chlamydia (sp?) because she thought it sounded pretty. Anyway, i don't know of any laws against parents naming their children and I have never heard of a case concerning it. It would definitely be a hot issue though if it came up. Because at what point would the government draw the line? Which names would be acceptable and which ones would not?

Although I think any parent that would give a child a name as some of the ones you suggested would be dispicable; I also think that if a parent gave a child a blatantly offensive name that there would be other problems that would necessitate the government to take the child away. At least then the child could elect to go by a nikname. I don't know just thinking out loud.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6771|Atlanta, GA USA
I've heard of people making up stupid names like Shithead (pronounced Shu theed)...  Sorry don't know how to do the pronunciation stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard