Entertayner
+826|6541

Yeah, so.. Recently I haven't been in a "happy place" (not heaven dumbfucks) or w/e and I heard a quote, and it cheered me up no end, so much so that I went in search of more:

"Don’t waste your time on any one who wouldn’t do the same for you; Everyone will hurt you sooner or later, you’ve just got to work out who’s worth going through the pain."

"Be Hopeful"

"A friend is a person who knows all about you - and still likes you."

"You'll be amazed what you can achieve."

"Look at people; recognize them, accept them as they are, without wanting to change them."

"Never forget that the most powerful force on earth is love."

"You'll eventually lose someone you love somewhere along the way.
So take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds spent upset is a minute of happiness you will never get back."

If there's any other quotes that you swear by post them here and we can make it a thread of cheerfulness and all the rest of that happiness fad.

Last edited by Entertayner (2007-01-20 15:44:42)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
'C-4 makes a dull day fun'

'Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'

'Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lasts forever.'

'What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.'

'Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.'

'When all else fails, simply revel in the absurdity of it all.'

'Veni Vidi Squishi: I came, I saw, I got a roadkill.'

'Everything can be changed with the application of enough force. If you can't do it alone, recruit followers.'

'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.'
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6516|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
"My company mascot is the bumblebee.  Beacuse of its tiny wings and heavy body, aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly.  But the bumblebee doesn't know that, so it flies anyway. "

"We cannot direct the wind... but we can adjust the sails. "

"A ship in port is safe, but this is not what ships are built for."

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything."
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

My personal fave -

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-01-20 16:00:40)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
"There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations"
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6516|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Here's the link i get mine from :p   :::

http://www.geocities.com/angelmuzic78/quotes.html
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Technically, everything R. Lee Ermey says in Full Metal Jacket is "motivational" but I'll refrain from posting those because it would defeat the purpose
punnisher85
+0|6277|somewhere!!
this one is the plane truth the faster you accept it life is better.
the quote is-
Life sucks and then you die deal with it in therapy *****!
Entertayner
+826|6541

Skorpy-chan wrote:

'Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'

'What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.'

'Everything can be changed with the application of enough force. If you can't do it alone, recruit followers.'

'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.'
You're life is no longer worth living, end it while you can you fucking insensitive cunt.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

Entertayner wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're life is no longer worth living, end it while you can you fucking insensitive cunt.
I don't think what he said was that bad...

My quote:

"Live for the moment."
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6484|montreal, quebec

i always use the same to motivate: No Guts No Glory
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

Entertayner wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I beg to differ, my life is perfectly worth living. Yours, on the other hand, seems not to be. And I am NOT insensitive. Merely unconventional.
And, quite frankly, more people need to read and actually understand Niectzhe. (And I need to learn to spell it, damn german spellings...)
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
"you reap what you soe" (forget who said.. hell i dont even know if its spelt right)

that is something i live by everyday of my life.. if you put in enough effort you will get something back It has never let me down
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

I.M.I Militant wrote:

"you reap what you soe" (forget who said.. hell i dont even know if its spelt right)

that is something i live by everyday of my life.. if you put in enough effort you will get something back It has never let me down
sow... as in seeds
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
How long? Not long, 'cause what you reap, is what you sow! *chord* *fadeout*
Entertayner
+826|6541

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I beg to differ, my life is perfectly worth living. Yours, on the other hand, seems not to be. And I am NOT insensitive. Merely unconventional.
And, quite frankly, more people need to read and actually understand Niectzhe. (And I need to learn to spell it, damn german spellings...)
Sorry, was in a bad mood.
tiptopT
+72|6552|Scotland's Capital
"Pain is temporary, Pride is Permanent"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard