Richard2000
Banned
+39|6544|England
I have some films on my hard-drive and would like to put then on dvd for my own use
so whats the best program i can download so i can copy from hdd to dvd
Karma for the best one
best free one
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
err...use the built in program available on all computer?

just copy from HDD and insert blank disk and paste it...
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6544|England
i want one that i can put the dvd into my dvd home player
not just my computer
so copy and paste wont work
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6544|England
the films are in avi and mpag format and so on
hotrod1
+0|6306
You would have to use nero, that would probably be the best program to do this. I would just do all of your burning within 1 month so that the trial doesn't expire and you will be good but be aware burning might take you a long time, it does for me.
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6479|Kentucky
need to transfer to dvd format and then burn using nero
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6673|Canada Eh?
The best way to do it would be to buy a DivX capable DVD player (Phillips makes a good model) and simply burn your Mpeg and AVI files on a data CD or DVD.

But from the sound of it you just wanna play it on your present non-DivX dvd player, Go download Nero (Legally or illegally, I don't care, just don't get caught ) then simply go through the menus to burn a DVD Movie, it's gonna take a good 2 hours to encode and another 20 to burn and you can only fit one movie per DVD disc (Which is why I recommend the DivX dvd player idea since you can fit 4 to 5 movies per Single Layer DVD disc and it only takes 10 minutes to burn)

Note: Also if you live in one of the countries where backing up your DVDs isn't illegal (Like Canada ) you can make a quick copy of any DVD easily with the program DVD Decrypter with the special features and alternate audio tracks intact, You'll still only be able to fit one movie per single layer disc, but it's worth it since it's a nearly exact copy of the original DVD (You need a dual layer disc to have an exact copy, but those are slightly more expensive so I'll take the video quality loss to save a few bucks)

But Remember, Only do this if you own the original copies and you have to live in a country where backing up the movies you already own is LEGAL, sorry Yanks, you're outta luck... well if you wanna do things legally

Last edited by Vampira_NB (2007-01-20 08:46:18)

Richard2000
Banned
+39|6544|England
i dont wont nero so get me something else
come on guys
i want some thing free i can download and not some 1 mouth trial crap
post you links plz
free karma for the best one

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard