BrknPhoenix
+5|6346
Thought I'd provide some noob tips, straight from a noob himself.  I just started not too long ago and immediately noticed that, of course, the odds are a bit stacked against you at the beginning.  You don't get any unlocks so you're at a bit of a disadvantage.  On top of that you probably don't know what you're doing yet (I didn't, and sometimes still don't!)  so that makes it all the more difficult. 

So, I figured I'd share some ways to get some easy points early on to get some unlocks for your kit of choice.  Feel free to point out how obvious some of these are, but they are 'noob' tips afterall.  Meant for someone just starting out who needs quick points for their first unlocks.

Anyway, I've only been playing this game for like a total of 3 hours so far so forgive me if I get anything incorrect.  If anyone wants to add anything, feel free.

Method #1
Kill Assists in Vehicles

For best results, join a server on a map like Fall of Berlin where the combat can get pretty heavy and infantry is running around everywhere.  Get in an APC.  It's not uncommon for APC's to get filled up to max capacity, which is a very good thing for you.  Obviously you're going to want to shoot at any infantry that you see, but the thing that gets you points is kill assists.  If anyone in the vehicle gets a kill, you get a kill assist.  Even a person at the rank of recruit who just started can get a score near the top of their team if you're in an APC with some fair gunners.

Method #2
Medic!

Get the defibrillator as your first unlock.  A lot of people will say get grenades, but if you really are a noob then you still probably won't kill much with those.  With the defibrillator unlock for the Assault kit, you can get points for reviving teammates.  You can also get an easy Pin for getting 8 revives in a round, which isn't very hard at all.

As a medic you can even help on Titan assaults.  Once your team has boarded the enemy Titan, hang back and revive any teammates that die.  It's pretty easy to get the pin for reviving by doing this.

Method #3
Titan Defense

As a complete noob I got nearly 200 career points in a round just by defending my team's Titan.  How?  Well, first keep in mind that it doesn't work every time.  It depends on the play style of the other team.

As soon as your Titan shield goes down, get on your Titan and use the Titan defenses.  Use the top-mounted machine gun that is closest to the landing area where your enemy will be trying to deploy air transport.  Keep on the lookout and destroy any incoming transports.  It's pretty easy with this gun, and unless they have a good pilot you can see them coming from a mile away.  Do note however that once you let a transport slip by, the enemy will just spawn from that one and probably won't try to land anymore transports.

Doing this as a mere private, I got 3 badges, 3 pins, and 1 ribbon in about 15 minutes just shooting noob transport pilots that made themselves visible from a mile away.

Method #4
Join a Squad

Don't be afraid to join a squad just because you suck and don't want the weight of your suckage weighing down on team-mates.  Usually they don't care, and unless you're an idiot you could still be doing more good than if they didn't have that extra man.  Follow your squad leader's orders and you'll get extra points for kills.  You'll also have people ready to receive your med and ammo boxes.  Additionally, you can get field upgrades that will let you choose an unlock that you can use for the duration of your time on that server.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6411|New York
Shoot out the titan guns, you can get the pin twice for doing that. A total of 8 titan gun eliminations will give you the two pins.

Repair your titan guns. Easy points there.

Start playing for your global requirements early, it'll make for easy badge/ribbon acquisition later.

Follow order while in a squad, you'll get squad points that won't show up in game, but will after the round is over.

Same thing for squad leaders, if your commander isn't giving you orders, give your squad orders. makes everyone happy, and you get points at the end of the round. do this by hitting caps lock and right clicking on a flag/silo/titan to attack or defend it. team based play is much more prevalent in bf2142 than it is in bf2.

try not to play too much like a noob: use cover, work as a team, give vehicles you can't use well to more experienced players (gunship, i still suck at it and still let someone else use it if they are better than me).

this works for me, should for you too. skill with the weapons and vehicles will come with more experience; there's no easy advice for that.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
gundemon20
+1|6713|GA
I found that one thing you can do to maximize your points, especially on titan defense, is to stick with one class if you are manning the titan guns.  You can end up getting the badges associated with each class very fast.  For example, you start out as recon and get the recon service badge, then on your next spawn go to a different class and repeat.  Those badge points add up early on.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6864
I would say be squad leader...If not join one first before anything.

BITCH 2142 IS GAY!
Chappy556
+14|6723
be support, land at silo, throw down ammo box, rinse, repeat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard