Seaneroo
+12|6664
Ok, guys, this question is directed at those here with experience playing past on-line first person shooters.

This is the first on-line game I've ever played, and for periods of time it reached the point of obsession.  I'm looking wistfully toward that time when the party is over.  Based on past experience, how long do you think it will before the game has run its course? 

Obviously, a lot of players have already moved on.  At some point, I assume EA will stop supporting the game entirely, or ranked servers will dwindle away for lack of activity/player support.

So, how long do you think it will be before it will no longer be possible to play BF2 on-line?
Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6450
I have not been here long enough to say, but here's my opinion: This game will probably last until it is totally out dated. EA makes money from the servers that people have to pay for, so they will probably keep it for that. This is a great game with tons of people still playing, so not any time soon unless EA completely shuts the game down, which they better not do.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic
Well there are still people playing the original UT, there are still hundreds of thousands of people playing CS 1.6.

Just like there are still people playing 1942 and I should think people will still be playing BF2 in a few years time, obviously there will always be a decrease in the number of players as time goes on, but I should think there will always be servers and as long as there are servers there will people to play on them.
keyoshi
+28|6426
I think it will last a while. I played call of duty for about....3 years. I would still play it if 1) there weren't so many damn hackers 2) if I could figure out why none of the writing is displayed when I start my game........like stated above, EA makes a crazy amount of money off their ranked servers....$5 a slot...for a 64 player ranked server...I know thats what the server companies charge...but still $320 A MONTH....EA is making good money off bf2...they won't stop hosting it. Don't worry
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6847
I think it will last as long as/ longer than the 1942 did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard