djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6376|Oregon
Amidst the droning murmurs of new patches and such, there has emerged a call for a new map (or two). People from around the globe request that PLA be seen in action against the MEC, or at least USMC in an urban environment! Some call for larger, air based maps, some say ocean combat would bring the game to a new level (actually, i haven't heard that... but i had to contrast air with something...)! Let the community voice its opinions on a new battlefield for the warring armies of the world to compete!

DJPHETAL SAYS:
(i posted this in another thread... so if you see it again... sorry)

Maybe something Vertical, but city based? Like... a business district in China, USMC invading (that gets rid of PLA urban map complaints), and there are 4 big, similar, 8 or so story buildings with an uncap base on both sides of those four buildings. The combat would be a lot of window to window shooting... there would be skybridges... effectively chokepoints for great tactical play... entries on ground or roof... blown out sides where a chopper could deliver people.

flags could be on the top floor of each building? something like that? that would be fun...
SmackDowN
+5|6510

djphetal wrote:

DJPHETAL SAYS:

Maybe something Vertical, but city based? Like... a business district in China, USMC invading (that gets rid of PLA urban map complaints), and there are 4 big, similar, 8 or so story buildings with an uncap base on both sides of those four buildings. The combat would be a lot of window to window shooting... there would be skybridges... effectively chokepoints for great tactical play... entries on ground or roof... blown out sides where a chopper could deliver people.

flags could be on the top floor of each building? something like that? that would be fun...
Welcome gaymore whoring

But i agree, it could be nice

Last edited by SmackDowN (2007-01-17 16:42:32)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6376|Oregon

SmackDowN wrote:

djphetal wrote:

DJPHETAL SAYS:

Welcome gaymore whoring

But i agree, it could be nice
aye... claymores WOULD be a problem... well, it'd give engineers another reason to play! plus, in the patch they should make mines only trip when youre walking or running... crouching and prone shouldn't trip mines...
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6479|King Of The Islands

Please keep in mind that the dev team are not likely to make all new textures this late. So to think of a highrise shootout (Die Hard, anyone?) is a little much to ask for (although it would be nice). So keep it in the realms of reality, and competence of DICEA.

Some people suggested getting the textures from Great Wall to make a PLA vs USMC map. I don't have EF so I can't see what you mean, but if its 'urban' enough, I wouldn't say no.

Actually I have seen this done rather well. Ginkakuji Siege (62MB) is a custom map that has a small town in it (about Hotel to Square big), that is very built up (concrete, roads and all that jazz). Its really quite convincing. And, AND, its using stock textures found in Vanilla.

Cinematic Screenie:
https://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/ginkakujisiege-1.jpg
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
lessthangreene
+0|6484
i think EA purposely left flags off of buildings and such because of claymores and learning from a mistake in battlefield vietnam, though its hard to believe that EA thinks anything through
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6608
PLA vs. USMC Citymap for sure, i want to mow down fools with the AK-47.
SmackDowN
+5|6510
How about a map contest, the best map becomes official and is released with a patch?
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6376|Oregon
if only DIC(E)A would do that...
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6479|King Of The Islands

SmackDowN wrote:

How about a map contest, the best map becomes official and is released with a patch?
See that's the smartest thing to do because:

1. EA don't have to do anything except 'Yep, that's alright, put it in the patch'
2. The community made it - making a map how we want it
3. EA don't have to do anything
4. The community picks it - democratic vote, by default it is a very popular map
5. EA don't have to do anything

I don't know any 'full-on' urban PLA vs USMC maps, so if I was to pick a custom map, it would be Checkpoint Abadan.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
LoonykStephane
+34|6577|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
A Night Karkand for SF would be nice...the map is already there and most of us have lot of time playing this one!!!
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6405
PLA VS MEC citymap ftw
psH
Banned
+217|6424|Sydney

SmackDowN wrote:

This post FTW. CASE CLOSED.
Drexel
+43|6516|Philadelphia
My problem with the PLA vs. MEC map is the game "history" itself.  Why would 2 countries fighting the US all of the sudden turn on themselves?  I know, it's only a game, but just think about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard