ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641
Fix the Karkand in-wall glitch near the market, behind the TOW.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA
I don't know how to fix it, but if a jeep is coming straight at you and you shit a SRAW/Eryx at it, the rocket will go directly through the jeep and your stuck in the jeep's path. I hope they'd fix that bug, it'd be cool if you add it to the list. +1 for at least trying to do something right instead of whining like most others.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

Jello.01 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the range on the tv missle is 350, a range of 450 or 500 would be great.
Range is already 450 I believe.

The only thing I've ever REALLY wanted is NAME CHANGES or even better, import stats from an old account into a newly built up one. Or something.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6332|teh alien spaceshit

Hurricane wrote:

Attention soldiers! (hehe, EA trying to be funny...)

Given the recent light from the EA forums that says a new patch may come from DICE for BF2:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61122

I say we make a big wishlist of all the things we want from this patch, to post on the EA forums once it's reached a satisfactory completion.

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST A SUGGESTION, BE CONSTRUCTIVE. SOMETHING LIKE "FIX THE GAY G36E" IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND LEAVES THE GUESSWORK TO DICE. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING LIKE "The G36E should be slightly less accurate, and have more recoil." Also, try to not request new weapons and the like; in an interview a while ago DICE said they couldn't put in more unlocks due to memory constraints or something. The main focus of this patch should be to fix all the balance issues and glitches that happen in the game, rather than new content. Also, I highly doubt that EA will give away the booster packs. ANY SUGGESTION THAT IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE OR IS ABSURD WILL NOT BE PUT INTO THE WISHLIST.

BATTLEFIELD 2 PATCH 1.5 SUGGESTIONS LIST

-Fix the F-35B USMC fighter jet. Lots of research on Total BF2 has found that the issue lies in the hitbox of the F-35, it is simply too large. This causes it to get hit by the majority of missiles fired at it, which makes maps like Wake Island extremely unbalanced. Ideally, the hitbox of the F-35 should be made much smaller. Its performance should not exceed the F-18's, but perhaps match the MiG-29.

-If hitboxes cannot be modified, then perhaps making the air-to-air missiles less effective. Not as bad as 1.12's, but not as good as 1.4's. The ground-to-air (Stinger, IGLA, Essex) should retain their current effectiveness against air targets.

-Improve the netcode (hit registration). Many compelling videos have been made (search on YouTube for "BF2 hit detection") that show how bad the hit registration really is. One can experience this first-hand by just going into any BF2 server. The hitboxes should match the models MUCH more closely, rather than trailing behind them.

-Improve the helicopter netcode. A missile going through the front of a helicopter is unacceptable. The hitboxes are very erratic on them. As stated, a missile going through the front will never net a kill, and a missile can go underneath a helicopter and kill it.

-TV missile glitches need to be fixed. For instance, after firing a TV missile and switching to guns, then switching back to the TV Missile, the missile will reload again. This prevents you from firing. Another glitch that happens is the player hears the firing sound, and sometimes even the pilot sees the missile, but no missile is fired and the reload process starts again.

-Fix the Warlord palace glitch.

-Increase the rate at which engineers gain repair points. Rather than getting one point for a 'full' repair, the player should get one point for a 'half' repair. Example: if a UAV is at full health then destroyed by 2 packs of C4, an engineer that repairs it fully would get 2 points.

-Lower the Veteran and Expert Armor badge requirements. Veteran Armor should require only 75 hours in armor, and Expert Armor should only require 175 hours. Because of the abundance of armor on any map, this makes it so the requirements are more reasonable for all players while not being quite as easy as 50/150 hours.

-Tweak the Blackhawk helicopter's miniguns. They should have higher damage, slightly less than what they had in the 1.12 patch. Given the current changes that have happened to Blackhawks, the improved weaponry should be more than balanced by the lower armor and the longer amount of time it takes an engineer to repair the helicopter. This would also make maps like Wake Island more balanced.

-One content request: a PLA vs. USMC urban map. The urban maps (Mashtuur, Sharqi, Karkand, Jalalabad) are arguably the most popular maps in BF2, and this unfortunately means less servers with PLA maps. An urban PLA map would be a change from the usual MEC v. USMC fights in the streets. Although one of the reasons there haven't been any PLA city maps is because of a lack of good Chinese models for buildings, the map Great Wall from the Euro Force booster pack offers some good CQC battles. Simply making a map like Mashtuur but slightly closer flags and China instead of MEC would be fine.

-Possibly adding the scout helicopters to Strike at Karkand, only without any armament, simply as a means of transportation.

-Some players think that all jets should be exactly the same in performance, vulnerability, etc.

-Fix the CTD issue where when a player picks up a kit, they crash to their desktop.

-Perhaps increase the TV missile distance to 500 or 550 meters. Less than their original, but slightly more effective than their current limit of 450.

-TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS PATCH. The 1.4 patch was for the most part fine. Even though there was a 3 month wait for the patch to come out, this isn't nearly as bad because the current patch has far better stability than the 1.3 patch had. So the community will most likely not mind you guys taking your time with this patch, since it was made evident that doing things right rather than rushing them will please the playerbase.

Come on guys, if enough people (and the right people) can see this list, we can get what could be the last BF2 patch (assuming it is going to be developed) to be the best. We can make BF2 be at its prime, perhaps not as good as 1.12 but pretty close! POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS (REMEMBER TO BE CONSTRUCTIVE) AND I WILL EDIT THEM INTO THIS LIST.
Everything here, plus tweak the M249 and t-95 LMG's.

Mabye a different gun noise since the ak-47 and l-85 sound a bit gay.

I will think of more.

And EA, if you are going to make this patch, be sure to take your time, and if you are going to put something else, make a poll and see if we really like it, so none of your hard work is wasted. Also, take your time.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6494|Berlin, Germany

yuckfou09 wrote:

Leave the Heli's alone except the BH.
why just fix the BH?? what about the oter transport choppers?? they definetly need the same tweaking as the BH does!!
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

The shock paddles need to be fixed of it's glitch, sometimes they'll reload in 2-3 seconds sometimes 6-7, pick one time not both please dice lol.

blackhawk guns were said but i think they need the accuracy of ALL transport choppers the same as the sky cows.

fix jalalabad rock exploit (accidently discovered it 3 days into 1.4)

i do have an idea however about the Urban Chinese map. use the dam in construction on the Yangtze river (worlds biggest dam project) fighting though all the corridors would be cool. It would be move like Leviathan than kubra dam.

there's my 2 cents. spend wisely
Oberst-Moser
+9|6522
-a animation for the wrench, that you can hit people and kill them with the wrench
-new command in the command rose(this thing when you hit "q") "hey, i'm from the internets and im gonna tell indianscout about you"
-when you put "BFROE" in your prefix your name should be shown in pink and it should be raining those teddybears from karkand arround that person.
-give the sniper 8 instead of 2 claymores
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
a new map or two would be nice. Hard core street fighting, building to building.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
Limit grenades to 1 per player on IO servers... This would kill karkand grenade spamming...

either that or make support packs NOT resupply grenades. only supply crates can do this. Also adds a more tactical use for supply crates/taking them out.

EDIT:

Also, like the guy above me said. New cool map. Maybe something Vertical, but city based? Like... a business district in China, USMC invading (that gets rid of PLA urban map complaints), and there are 4 big, similar, 8 or so story buildings with an uncap base on both sides of those four buildings. The combat would be a lot of window to window shooting... there would be skybridges... effectively chokepoints for great tactical play... entries on ground or roof... blown out sides where a chopper could deliver people.

flags could be on the top floor of each building? something like that? that would be fun...

Last edited by djphetal (2007-01-17 16:16:30)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha
How about making the server browser actually work?
I hate it when my favorites disappear if I press 'refresh' or how it displays random ridiculous numbers for latency.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Executiator
+69|6422
fix the private bug.

fix the tab list bug.

fix hit boxes
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6494|Berlin, Germany

LaidBackNinja wrote:

How about making the server browser actually work?
I hate it when my favorites disappear if I press 'refresh' or how it displays random ridiculous numbers for latency.
and make it not freeze deliberately
frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6557|QLD, australia
1.Stop the weapon switch whenever you are revived
2.Fix the knife hit boxes especially, it is a fluke when you are able to get a knife kill after hitting the victim twice.
3.If the glitch where you walk in between a wall and a jeep and die (effectively suiciding) is still in, cancel it and allow access past the point or block access
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

If you reload, it takes precedence, as in, once it starts it has to finish.
I want this for change fire rate also because there is many times when the animation is done, and the ticker on the bottom is done, but it hasn't actually changed. So you start firing but it reverts to what you had before.
While you're at it, fix the whole zoom bullshit.

Oh and all of Hurricane's suggestions in the OP. Me likey.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada
Sometimes, I try to sprint but my sprint bar empty in 0.01 sec then I jump and it does the same thing. Then the sprint bar fills up in 0.01 but reempty in 0.01 sec when I try to sprint.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

Btw hurricane, the current distance for the TV missile is 350 m not 450.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Post updated up to Post #42.
confused
+10|6395|British Columbia
I disagree with the repair/points change.  You get a repair point for fully repairing anything from a mounted MG to a tank.  If you want repair points, fix more Mounted MGs or jeeps.  Points come much faster from them.

Repairing UAV is meant to help the team, not inflate your score.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

Executiator wrote:

fix the private bug.
Yes! This is a stupid bug that needs to be fixed. My brother gets it EVERY time it gets really frustrating when I try to join servers and he can't use his unlocks... and don't start with the unlocks are for noobs shit...
killer21

Who wants to sit in a tank for 100 hrs/400 hrs? 
Hurricane
Banned

killer21 wrote:

Who wants to sit in a tank for 100 hrs/400 hrs? 
I'm pretty sure I put that in my post, I suggested 75/175 hours. This is because of the abundance of armor on maps.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6338
if they fix the tv missle then that means it will be really easy and then everyone will kill you one try no fun
killer21

Hurricane wrote:

I'm pretty sure I put that in my post, I suggested 75/175 hours. This is because of the abundance of armor on maps.
I just saw that.  I like that 75/175 idea.  Good stuff.
Hurricane
Banned

ChevyLee86 wrote:

if they fix the tv missle then that means it will be really easy and then everyone will kill you one try no fun
I'd say I'm a pretty good chopper gunner, the majority of my misses are from the bad hitboxes/missiles going through the chopper. Making the hitboxes track properly will not unbalance anything. Skilled will beat unskilled, just like BFPro.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
Fix the server browser reponse time, sometimes it takes 5 minutes jsut to find out whos playing on a server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard