Poll

Do you use the gun unlocks?

Yes85%85% - 176
No14%14% - 29
Total: 205
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

should i get the pilum or the voss next?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

should i get the pilum or the voss next?
Depends if you are gonna play assault or engineer, different playing styles you know ..... and very different weapons, they both rock !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6340|Smurfvillage, Gotland
The trick is to never insta prone like in bf2..

Both the assault and support stock guns are pretty good..
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden
@<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven

The Pilum is a much bigger difference than its stock counterparts than the Voss and it seems that many seasoned engineers use this exclusively.

And of course, Confucius say:
When man with Pilum is behind you, buttseks is imminent and you will not notice until it's too late.

The Voss, while being my favourite assault rifle, is not "that" big a difference when compared to the SCAR and Krylov. Granted, the extra bullets certainly come in handy when you run into multiple targets but it's mostly down to taste and playing style. (Baur whielding maniacs are often victorious on the battlefield despite the low bullet count)

Hmmm... It's a tough choice no doubt.

I'd go for the Pilum though, just to spice your engy game up a bit.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-01-16 02:51:07)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

Sambuccashake wrote:

@<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven

The Pilum is a much bigger difference than its stock counterparts than the Voss and it seems that many seasoned engineers use this exclusively.

And of course, Confucius say:
When man with Pilum is behind you, buttseks is imminent and you will not notice until it's too late.

The Voss, while being my favourite assault rifle, is not "that" big a difference when compared to the SCAR and Krylov. Granted, the extra bullets certainly come in handy when you run into multiple targets but it's mostly down to taste and playing style. (Baur whielding maniacs are often victorious on the battlefield despite the low bullet count)

Hmmm... It's a tough choice no doubt.

I'd go for the Pilum though, just to spice your engy game up a bit.
mmmk aty and +1
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

Assault: Baur, or voss for titan
support: stock, sometims ganz for titan defense
sniper: stock
engy: stock
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6708|Sweden
The only unlock imo that´s a must is the Pilum all other stock weopons are quite good.

The lambert gives recon a new way to play i can agree on that, but on conquest i rarely see any need for a recon in close combat.
[FEAB]TheWeasel
+3|6415|UK
if you're going recon and fancy a bit of spec ops fun, then the Lambert works. I like the rpg the assault gets - useful on a Titan. Other than that (I'm only half way through unlocks) I have left the weapons to pick up as field upgrades which a decent squad should get pretty soon into any game.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Recon: I don't play recon that often, mostly the Zeller-H or stock snipers, sometimes lambert.
Assault: ONLY Baur-H, anything else is blasphemy.
Engineer: Pilum ftw!
Support: Stock MG's and Clark-B.
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6349

paranoid101 wrote:

StRyKeR-191 wrote:

anyone who uses a Voss, is a noob, they need to get some skills and learn to aim.
Defult weapons for pro2142 sxc chat with uberpro people.

gtfo the internet if u disagree
HAHAHAHA I love these posts, when some one puts that if you use a certain gun you a noob, What next if you use grenades your a noob, or If you fire your weapon at the enemy your a noob, or even joining a game your a noob.

For godsakes man get over it and use whatever weapon you damn well please and stop calling people noobs just because you keep getting killed by it.

Now go cry to ya momma.
WOOT Raranoid101 FTW he is right... i use any gun i need at the moment and if i want the Voss (my personal fav.) i use it... if i need the Clark i use it, if some snipers are getting annoying i pull out my Zellar, i will use my pillum if some Armour is taking my team apart... adaptability is the name of the game guys...

To answer the poll... yes i use my Unlocks... i rarely use the stock anymore unless it the support guns. UNLOCKS FTW!!!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
Recon: Depends on the map and my mood
Assault: Baur for EU, Krylov for PAC
Engineer: Pilum FTW!! AA is too impractical...you dont get much planes flying around...
Support: LMGs and maybe the Clark when in the Titan or when I just want some fun
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6349
lol if only we had the SAAW in BF2 on Wake lol...
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
Yes I use unlocks I unlocked then so I'll use them.
Recon - standard sniper rifles / Lambert for close combat
Assault  - Voss LAR & RPK rockets ultimate titan defending equipment
Engineer  - Pilim & motion mines
Support  - Clark 15b (i don't like using LMG's... because i suck with them )
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6373|Inside the AR Rockets.

Des.Kmal wrote:

I got the game last night, and omg the stock guns are absolutely terrible. I cant hit shit with them, and my accuracy is 27% in bf2!!

I have gotten better, I realized I have to stay second for a sec to hit people.

I have yet to get the unlock guns, and I would rather not depend on them, since I dont use unlocks in bf2 at all, and i still own.

So, do you use them or not? Can you live with out them?
That's cause:
1) BF2 unlocks suck

2) It's a different game altogether

3) Unlocks are 50% of BF2142
Des.Kmal
+917|6616|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

kmal, for the record, you win, 2-1
what?

Perch?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
MrEzeuss
+26|6388|Nethterlands (ZH)
In some trees i unlocked all the items up to the last item before the weapon. I only use the weapon when i get it through a field upgrade. those weapons do not fit in my fighting style, and so i don't miss them much.
Master*
Banned
+416|6493|United States
Krylov Done.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6532|Edmonton Alberta
the only gun u need in that game is the krylov,,,, but 2142 sucks after you play about 200 hours of it its boring as hell
power9787
+10|6580
the weapons accuarcy is pretty bad in comparison to bf2
it is good enough
try to use baur or voss as assault
pilum for eng
base sniper for recon
lmg fofr  support
if you want good accuracy
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6413|...

Des.Kmal wrote:

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

kmal, for the record, you win, 2-1
what?

Perch?
yes
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6555|Brisbane, Aus

I've found for me the PAC standard assault rifle the most accurate out of the whole assault kit (can't seem to hit anything with the unlocks)
Zefar
+116|6647|Sweden
Assault: On PAC I use Krylov, on EU I use Voss.
Recon: Mainly use the stock sniper but when I need to I head into the close combat with Lambert.
Engineer: Pilum, Pilum and Pilum.
Support: Might play around with the shotgun but it's usually the stock MGs. Don't use Ganz as I don't camp with it.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6644|Peoria
Assault:
EU: Voss (No Baur yet    )
PAC:Krylov

Recon:
Depends, I use the Lambert for assault, Zellar for sniping. Occasionally, when headshots are in plentiful supply, I'll switch over to the stock rifles.

Engineer:
Pilum...Always

Support:

Stock LMG on the ground, Clark on the Titan.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
In bf2, people using unlocks we're often called noobs, however i think that weapon unlocks defintatly enhance gameplay in 2142. eg, lambert carbine, without it, the recon player is restricted to range, and as a result, titan battles are often short and bloody for your average recon dude, using stock. Clark, for the Support, opens ip a whole new style of play for that class, and enables him to be in the thick of it, not having to prone and wait everytime he wants accuracy and kills, but to be in the melee with the rest of the troops. Unlocks in this game, are so much better than bf2's were
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

fatherted13 wrote:

Clark, for the Support, opens ip a whole new style of play for that class, and enables him to be in the thick of it, not having to prone and wait everytime he wants accuracy and kills, but to be in the melee with the rest of the troops.
Dude, if you are having trouble with the LMGs in close just crouch. Problem solved. Might have to go back to playing 2142... Got sidetracked off it thanks to exams/BF2S:AU server.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard