Poll

Titan or Conquest?

Titan62%62% - 74
Conquest37%37% - 44
Total: 118
NZDeathBoy
+20|6710|Chch, New Zealand

straz_mataz wrote:

i hated laggy ass titan mode when i was playing 2142..... the only reason people play it is because its real easy to point whore on them.... even though i did like glitching into the walls in titan mode and getting like 60 kills a round
What people don't get that titian is just 2 average conq rounds. Only really awsome players can "point whore"

If you get anything under 70 in titian then its nothing, its just 35 a round in conq. But there are more Pins to get in titian, Which does get your points up. But once your a brig, meh pins mean shit.

I now don't play titian, as im sick of tks, lag and n00bs. I prefer conq now. As i can get 40+ points a round and 30ish kills..

If the lag issue is ever sorted then, i might start playing again, But till then ill stick to city maps
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6826|Belgium
I used to like Titan more..
But right now, I'm way more into Camp Gibraltar, Cerbere Landing and Tunis Harbor.
Seriously; those 3 maps have way less n00bs who are raping the entire game IMO.
Not that I blame those rapers, no, when in Titan mode you're almost obliged to rape and whore everything.
And if it would be entirely lag-free, it probably would be loads 'n loads of fun if you're playing with enough descent players.

But now, I'm playing almost nothing except those 3 Conquest maps, since on 32player they're perfect; no wandering around waiting to find someone to shoot, no camping (well unless you like to camp, in that case; yes you can camp) and I never really felt that anyone of the 2 teams has got a real advantage over the other, even with the uncaps and such.. The only 'unfortunate' thing in those 3 maps is that Engineer sort of loses it's meaning. Maybe Tunis..
Of course when you're commander, it's a good thing to be Engineer if you're on the defensive side, since most of the time they try to use FAVs and sometimes Walkers to cap one of the last flags in the map, and as a commander you can just use Motion Mines / Pilium to make sure no one gets past you with a vehicle. (Works really well in Camp Gibraltar since there are only 2 ways past the 'Toll Station'.)
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6544|Valhalla
TITAN for me, but i do play on some conquest maps from time to time (Tunis and Fall of Berlim for a bit of sniping)
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6633|Little Bentcock
titan
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6325

PBAsydney wrote:

Conquest, because it's 100% lag free.
that i agree with. titan mode can get really laggy especially if you have cable/dsl for internet connections.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

Conquest
Pro:
No titan guns killing you from above
Con:
Baserape

Titan
Pro:
Titan guns
Protected spawn area
Con:
RDX/APM/Sentry drone spamming becomes boring after 10 Titan defender pins.
JovesApples
+4|6463|USA
i prefer conquest... the maps are so much better, Camp Gibraltar, Cerbere Landing and Tunis Harbor are very well done frag fests.

titan is laggy and buggy, on the titan grenades come out of nowhere and i swear people are still glitching the walls.

whats worse are the maps, being so big generally sometimes travelling is just a yawn fest, or gods forbid you fall off a titan in the middle of nowhere...
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

thebestshooter wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Conquest, because it's 100% lag free.
that i agree with. titan mode can get really laggy especially if you have cable/dsl for internet connections.
Agreed, I also disagree with the notion that you clock up more points in Titan.  That's a misunderstanding, just a longer round, and actually, you can clock up as many points on a conquest (especially on Gibralta) than you can on a long ass Titan map.  Besides, it's just APM/RDX whoring on Titans.  Plus I think, EA should impliment a pin for attacking, you get those defender pins, so everyone sits on that Titan.  Knowone dare attack, cause they will be slaughtered, wheres the attacking boys rewards?  Titan attack pin anyone?

Plus, I prefer the classic conquest, Titan looses it's novelty when you have players moon walking everywhere cause of the motherfucking lag on those things.

Martyn
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
Titan is the best. Anyone who says otherwise is a retard.
Pete
+3|6550

Bell wrote:

Titan attack pin anyone?

Martyn
Second
BallisticallyYours
+23|6641|Chicago, IL

Pete wrote:

Bell wrote:

Titan attack pin anyone?

Martyn