pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6821|Rotherham, England
I have a film on my PC and watched it and usually I would just transfer it over to my storage drive and leave it there till next time I want to watch it.
But a mate has asked if they can borrow it and not having done this before I just burnt the file to a DVD and sent him on his way.
Alas, it does not work in his DVD player so my question is an easy one.

What do I need to do to the file and what programs do I need to burn it to a DVD/CD capable of being used in an actual DVD player not just a PC or laptop?

Film details:-

Coding - Xvid
Size - 700MB
Length - 1:41:44

Any other details just ask!

Cheers in advance,

Ped

Sorry about previous post, I deleted it now but in hindsight it was a stupid thing to do!

+1 Drfruitloop and PBASydney for pointing out the error of my ways

Last edited by pedigreeuk (2007-01-16 06:40:37)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6687|Wigan. Manchester. England.
DVD Santas one of them
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6662|balls
having a dvd player (not in your pc) that supports divx is key too.  i have one made by phillips that cost less than $50.  if he wants to watch on his pc he could d/l divx, xvid, vlc player etc.
motherdear
+25|6702|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
well it's not all dvd players that support divx.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6786|Salt Lake City

As noted, he either needs a DivX capable DVD player, or you need to find a program that can convert the file from DivX to MPEG2 format, which is what standard DVD movies use.  At that point you can use most any decent burning program and use the option to create a DVD movie.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6821|Rotherham, England
Cheers All
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6649|Cheshire. UK
Super DVD creator works perfectly for me......its SIMPLE to use lol...

Its a case of drag and drop and select your bits .....it even burns it for you!!

Super DVD creator 9.2

PM if you need more info

Last edited by joker3327 (2007-01-16 09:20:38)

Widow_Warrior
+7|6539|SOUTH ENGLAND
WIN AVI DVD Creator  , , unless your friend buys a divx player
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6735|Espoo, Finland
Lol, looked like a triple post on my screen, deleted one and they all were deleted
slo5oh
+28|6711

pedigreeuk wrote:

I have a film on my PC and watched it and usually I would just transfer it over to my storage drive and leave it there till next time I want to watch it.
But a mate has asked if they can borrow it and not having done this before I just burnt the file to a DVD and sent him on his way.
Alas, it does not work in his DVD player so my question is an easy one.

What do I need to do to the file and what programs do I need to burn it to a DVD/CD capable of being used in an actual DVD player not just a PC or laptop?

Film details:-

Coding - Xvid
Size - 700MB
Length - 1:41:44
As far as I know, you'll likely only be able to play that file on a computer.  For your friend to be able to play it with a DVD player you should burn it as a "video".  If you use nero it's easy, just choose a new disk, scroll down on the left side until you see Video, click it then continue.  I just did it yesterday and burned a TV show I missed to a CD (since it was only 400mb) then watched it on my normal DVD player.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard