mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
no i didnt think of a date yet since in the middle of a production and my time is limited in the mom.
but i thought about mid january, if the other movie that ill work on next wont be to closely scheduled.

first of all lets have a merry x-ams and a happy new year
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6709|Charlie One Alpha
If you' re gonna do another one, count me in!

Also, am I the only one that didn't actually like 'mine'  all that much?
I mean, the monty python stuff was better in monty python, and the iraq subtitle thing was better in the original video. Downloading land of chaos now, hoping I'll like it better then 'mine' .
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
theseb099
+0|6820
Rofl movie rocks meng
sign me up fo making one if thers still space
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
ok i got a few songs in mind hit me up with an XFIRE OR AND E-MAIL
KILLJOYiiiii
+0|6745
Land of Confusion was truly awesome!

My favorite part is the slow-mo during the ammo fight when the guys are hanging in air, then fall back down. It reminded me of matrix or something, and the music for that scene was awesome. Even the little game remarks, like "ammo right here" were awesome. That one bit could have been a great video all by itself.

The song Land of Confusion was also a great choice for the video. Although I thought the Big Band era music was a bit dated for this game. But those older songs did provide a good contrast between the faster modern songs. The transition between the old song and the new "This Blood" when they reach the top of the crane was an awesome moment. Though I could have done without the bj scenes. 

The idea of using the no-kit bug was awesome. It had some geniunely original, funny and wierd/mysterious scenes. (dragged on a bit near the end though).

From my limited video making experience, I think the video could have been edited down some. There were times when it seemed the action slowed too much. But the same thing can be said for "Mine" It had parts that could have been edited out as well.

But having said all that, I should also say I have never attempted such an ambitious video making effort. It worked well, and you all are to be congratulated, Thanks for sharing it with us! I am adding this to my little collection of videos that I have stored in my computer and I watch it often.

I am looking forward to the sequel!

Last edited by KILLJOYiiiii (2005-12-21 16:33:45)

mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany

KILLJOYiiiii wrote:

My favorite part is the slow-mo during the ammo fight when the guys are hanging in air, then fall back down. It reminded me of matrix or something, and the music for that scene was awesome. Even the little game remarks, like "ammo right here" were awesome. That one bit could have been a great video all by itself.
it actually was music from the first Matrix movie and it was intended to be a bit matrix like

and yes i know that some parts could have been shorter but optimizing an edit takes some time and i wanted to finish it, but i also learned a lot about editing while making it and i think next time will be better

thx for a nice review
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6741|United States
I just watched it now.  I must say that was a very nice BF2 production

What you need is a good car chase.  One humvee chasing another humvee.  Then you can have people in the back shooting at each other.  That would be great.

Or maybe a helicopter chaseing a buggy .

If you have Special Forces, maybe make a jet-ski chase.  Do all crazy jumps over land and vehicles, choppers, etc.

I know, too late for suggestions .  Maybe in your next movie.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6709|Wilmington, DE, US
yeah if there's still space i'd love to be a part of it
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6755
maybe i will have time  to participate in it....
I'd like to!
If possible, count me in also!
beranuHaong
+0|6708
um idownloaded land of confusion it finished and nothing happened
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany

beranuHaong wrote:

um idownloaded land of confusion it finished and nothing happened
what do you mean "nothing happend"?
its not a pron dialer so you actually have to play it
but maybe, on a serious note, you need to unpack it using WinRAR (small proggy like WinZip but much better).

enjoy
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6821
I know everyone is going to flame me but I just suffered though that movie.
I am not sure what the point was - it was just a bunch of guys running around and not really doing much of anything - Land of Confussion is a good title.
I did like the some of the video editing/effects but they were not enough to save this thing.
I could never do what you did as I do not have the time or the skill necessary.

Was there any sort of point/plot to the movie (ie. script or what to do) - it just looked like people ran around and did what they wanted to do and you filmed it all.

Sorry.

Leather

Last edited by Leatherface-TCM (2006-01-04 13:11:11)

mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
why should anyone flame you leatherface?
i consider it a matter of taste, like any other movie or music for that matter. i know that LOC isnt the mainstream stunt or combat action movie but that wasnt the intention anyway.
im happy when ppl like it and i also like to listen to critics since they only help to see the flaws and mistakes. except maybe unfounded crticism when someone just tries to flame
i admit that the planning wasnt very good and since we did this with a loose bunch of ppl from the forum the coordination isnt like in a clan but ill try to make it better next time

ps: and yes the title was the program

Last edited by mort4u (2006-01-06 06:14:51)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6837|Finland
When you make a movie, never expect that everyone loves it. I thought it was ok, could have been better, could have been worse. Bit slow paced and stuff like that(read whole review from previous post). Maybe you ought to make something slow at the start then something fast paced and full of action and then again back to slow and funny stuff. Or maybe not. Maybe im just an idiot. Maybe.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
no you are a finnish bushman landepaukku next time i show you how to make fire
Colonel Curly
+0|6734
ooo, PLS hav me in this movie.
I'm a decent player, but prolly not as good as a good number as these guys.
you can all shoot at me or sumthing
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6786
Excellent movie, and although it was a little unorganised I think that made it all the funnier.
Good music selection too by the way, I think that music is an essential part of films and games, and it helps to add a real atmosphere to it.

Next time on BF2S movies: Jetski vs Helicopter - Who will win?!
BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6752|Nederland

Bert10099 wrote:

I just watched it now.  I must say that was a very nice BF2 production

What you need is a good car chase.  One humvee chasing another humvee.  Then you can have people in the back shooting at each other.  That would be great.

Or maybe a helicopter chaseing a buggy .

If you have Special Forces, maybe make a jet-ski chase.  Do all crazy jumps over land and vehicles, choppers, etc.

I know, too late for suggestions .  Maybe in your next movie.
they already exist: in Battlefield Double Dash and in Land of Confusion

if u gonna make a movie i want to be there in too:D lol
or am i too late now,, hmm,,,

Last edited by BanG89 (2006-01-11 13:51:43)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6743|Malaga, EspaƱa
if u want any ideas of nice scetches in the movie...i,m a sick evil fuck
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
Glad to see this thread still going strong for Mort. 
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6837|Finland
No more sticky? -_-
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
i was a bit confused myself that the sticky is gone, i guess the sequel will get a new one
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
guys where can i get a good sig i looked at hypernia but i couldnt find where to go from the main site
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
GODPSXDNS
+1|6842
this movie sucks ass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard