~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea

Cheez wrote:

"Oh, it’s Cricket. Marvelous game, really. You see, the bowler hurls the ball toward the batter who tries to play away a fine leg. He endeavors to score by dashing between the creases, provided the wicket keeper hasn’t whipped his bails off, of course"
Theonly british idiom i no is that fag means ciggarette, well someone tell this ciggarette to get the hell outa here
1927(h)

commissargizz wrote:

oops sorry, well done Australia well deserved. If we don't watch out you'll beat us at football soon.
Im not jumping on the Gramma Bandwagon but you have missed the word AGAIN off the end of your sentance.
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6589|Brisbane Australia
Weee Im off to the One Day'er here in Brisbane on the 19th
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6679|A sunburnt country
What a great summer of cricket!  5-0 5-0 5-0......................oh it's good to be Australian.

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775
Engerland were woeful.

Flintoff's captaincy was terrible. His field placements were terrible. The bowlers (apart from Monty) were terrible. very poor line and length.
Giles: he cant bowl FFS! get someone else. What is Gladstone Small doing? Mahmood is just a pile of shite. How he got 4 wickets I don't know.
The bowlers need to break down their game and get back to basics: Line and Length. Look at Glen McGrath not a great swinger of the ball but consistent line and length.

Jones should never have been in the team let alone the squad.

There are some positives for England: Cook looks like he could be a good player in the future. Monty: Will go on to do good things. Flintoff: Cannot handle batting, bowling and captain (at least you know now), No Warne McGrath & Langer in 2 years time. Perhaps no Haydos as well.
1927(h)

BN wrote:

What is Gladstone Small doing?
He's recovering from a giveanecktome.

[img]http://www.bunburycricket.com/media/player%20photos/gladstone-small.jpg[/img]
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6680|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
TIME TO CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW ? (ashes are over)
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775

1927 wrote:

TIME TO CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW ?
never!
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6679|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Were keepen this 'till next ashes
cospengle
+140|6494|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Yeah, we can close it when England next win the ashes (or when the internet becomes obsolete; whichever happens first).
1927(h)

l::.:LIAM:.::l wrote:

Were keepen this 'till next ashes
Great you'll be able to chuck all the other things in that your going to beat us at in between, oh hold on, Im welsh.  Just the rugby for me then .  The other sports we dont qualify for anyway.

It be interesting to see who's top of the leader board in the sheep shearing or sheep dog trials, maybe fly fishing.

Just you wait till the next ski jumping or gymnastics world champs come along us BRITS will finish above you then.  Your lil ol ashes urn dont mean nuffin next to our Darts and Snooker trophies, so nerrrr.

[img]http://www.wool.ca/english/images/797/ShearerTrophy.jpg[/img]
Your even dicking us in the 20-20 now.

Australia Innings
221 for 5 (20.0 overs)

Im sure thats the highest ever International Score in a 20-20. 

Well be lucky to hit 160 chasing that.  Its crucial you take your catches and we havent.  James Anderson bowling figs.  4ov - 1w - 0m - 64runs. Oh dear! Thats also a world record.

England 2 down for 5 runs, 2nd over. ffs.

Last edited by 1927 (2007-01-09 02:23:48)

Been on tour for 2 months down under and still havent won a game. 1-0 to the home side in the 20-20.
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
I love the 20twenty format. I think it does wonders for bringing the spectator closer to the sport with having players mic'ed up and the fast format.

Some of Gilly and pontings commentary was great however I was a bit dissapointed that only Vaughan agreed to wear a mic for England.

Cant wait to go to the one day match here in Brisbane on the 19th.

I will make sure to post a full report as soon as I get home (or as soon as my fingers sober up)
I play either 45 ov's, 50 ov's or a 20/20 midweek after work bash.  As a bowler I hate playing 20/20 because the batsmen come out with the intention of hitting the ball into the river every ball. Which is ok I suppose if you know what your doing.  I wont get hit for 2 sixes on the trot.  As a fielder its great because you can never switch off and as a batsman its great because you can go out and free your arms up, keep your eye on the ball and whack it.  Its good to use as a warm up before Saturday league games.  We also play in Blue on a Weds rather than boring white. Im number 10, after my fav footballer (soccer).
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775
The 20/20 was great last night. Even though I only watched it on TV. Shame there is not another game on
It would have been a good game to try and introduce the wife to cricket.
cospengle
lol, my GF's sister got dragged along to the 20twenty by her husband. It seems she spent the whole first innings ringing people to tell them she was at the cricket.

I think it's a good format for kids or to introduce people to the game (and it's a bit of fun too), but I don't think you can take it seriously. Even the 50 over format is only just what I'd call cricket. It's supposed to be strategic and a battle of the mind as well as skill, the 20twentys are a battle of luck and talent, but no tactics or endurance.
We win 1st 1day and Petersons injured, unlucky
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©

cospengle wrote:

lol, my GF's sister got dragged along to the 20twenty by her husband. It seems she spent the whole first innings ringing people to tell them she was at the cricket.

I think it's a good format for kids or to introduce people to the game (and it's a bit of fun too), but I don't think you can take it seriously. Even the 50 over format is only just what I'd call cricket. It's supposed to be strategic and a battle of the mind as well as skill, the 20twentys are a battle of luck and talent, but no tactics or endurance.
Agreed but what an awesome way to introduce new people to the game.

So many people talk about cricket being slow ("Damn game takes 5 days...." etc) So this way gives them a fast  paced exciting way to get into it.

4_Phucsache wrote:

cospengle wrote:

Agreed but what an awesome way to introduce new people to the game.

So many people talk about cricket being slow ("Damn game takes 5 days...." etc) So this way gives them a fast  paced exciting way to get into it.
Hey England are making huge strides forward in making the game not last 5 days and for that they should be commended, erggh I mean shot.
cospengle
I just got this in an email:

Spam email wrote:

In England a seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his Aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the English Cricket Team, whom the court firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
wow
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6679|A sunburnt country
After the disaster overseas Tony Blair has announced to parliament that it is time to bring the Boys back home. 

When asked if he meant our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, he looked bemused and said "No the Boys in Australia"
1927(h)
Yeah Yeah you might well mock us and poke fun but after 3 months we are no longer winless, we have beaten the mighty New Zealand who joking aside are pretty good at one day cricket.

Ole ole, ole ole

Its a shame Strayer didnt put there reserves into this trianglular competition aswell because you'd end up with an all Aussie final and then you could take the mick outta each other after the final.
Ratzinger
+43|6399|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

1927(h) wrote:

Yeah Yeah you might well mock us and poke fun but after 3 months we are no longer winless, we have beaten the mighty New Zealand who joking aside are pretty good at one day cricket.

Ole ole, ole ole

Its a shame Strayer didnt put there reserves into this trianglular competition aswell because you'd end up with an all Aussie final and then you could take the mick outta each other after the final.
Could the grapes be any sourer?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard