Barrakuda777
+86|6751|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods ...

Anyways...
I have just finished playing my first few round of Project Realism and thought I would share.

BF2 has been reaching the end of its life for me, it has been a good game for me but never great due to a number of things plaguing it (like stats, piss poor hit reg etc..) but I played because I like the team elements and its just a cool game to spend my time on.
Its also ridiculously easy and I have been finding entertainment in trying to whore my sniper self as high up the K : D leaderboard as possible.

I came across the realism mod on these boards and downloaded as I had a few hours to kill. As soon as i joined my first game as the British and L85'ed down my first bandit i was hooked. The guns fire accurately, do massive damage and a bead of fire from the enemy is enough to get your heart pumping and your anus twitching. The sounds of near misses is pant shedding!

Its like a hybrid of AA and BF2. The teams are naturally balanced and the teamwork is better than I have ever seen on vanilla BF2. The whole way the maps play feels real somehow, teammates moving under cover fire, snipers are V.scarce yet a serious threat when in the vacinity.
If only this was the game that EA had released insted of BF2 what a world it would have been, BF2 could have been GREAT.

Anyways, if you hate bunnys, getting the drop on people who turn and insta gib you, are they type of player who will sneak for 5 mins to take out assets or a support gunner who wished that cover ing fire was a serious deterrent I would HIGHLY recomend giving this mod a try. The game will not interfere with your regular BF2 and whats the worst you can get from a FREE game that corrects the majority of the common complaints in BF2.

P.S. You will kill a few friendly soldiers, dont worry about it, join a squad and stick with them, shoot when they shoot as incoming fire gets respect in this game...

Link added - www.realitymod.com (thanks bernadictus) but oddly the site does not do it justice...

Enjoyed enough to share even though i will probably get several fails....

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2007-01-15 07:28:05)

pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6786|Rotherham, England
Any chance of a link mate?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6752

Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6515|Valley of the Dragons
Downloading now. vBF2 was getting boring anyhow so hope to cya soon Kooda
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6744|Louisiana
No fail at all. Project Reality wins hard. This weekend I was playing with a few friends in the same room and it was one of the best BF2 experiences I've had. Going street by street through Muttrah was intense.
bobby177
+129|6488|Texas.. getting out asap
Project Reality has replaced BF2 for me
VicktorVauhn
+319|6407|Southern California
I agree the sound of bullets snapping off the ground right next to you has 20X the effect it does in vBF2.

It really is a great mod, the concept of accurate powerful weapons is a great way to increase teamwork, and make people plan their attack a little better.

Alot of newer players seem to be put off by the longer spawn times, but its still shorter then waiting for a round of CS to finish after you die...I actualy found my self reversing and cursing vBF2's short spawn times. Often times 15 seconds just isn't quite enough time for a medic to clear the area, toss a smoke grenade next to your body run out and save you. I really like the fact that your revived with only a tiny bit of health so you still need more medical attention after your revived too.
Raniak
+8|6424
Download it, don't work...
https://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1217/errorib0.png
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6763|Mark it zero.

bobby177 wrote:

Same with me:)

Hooked after the very first round. It's amazing what kind of squad work is going on with VOIP in this mod.

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6405

If it was on Xfire, I'd download it because of its download caps and pause options.  Oh well, 1700Mb is just too much for me to d/load at one time.
Raniak
+8|6424
finally got it to work, but there is no servers,
I extracted the "pr_0406_server.zip" in "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods", that's what I need to do, right ?
edit: ooohhh... work now, it's nice... but all the server are doing conquest, and... no crosshair on the shotgun is impossible to kill...

Last edited by Raniak (2007-01-15 18:26:30)

im_in_heaven
+27|6603
Let me ask a question. Is most of the excitement because you have to wait extra long to respawn? Therefore making you want to do less "fake" things i.e running in the middle of a gun battle. Obviously if u have to wait longer you dont want to die which makes the game much more intense. Is this how you guys feel?
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6744|Louisiana
Yeah the USMC shotgun is impossible to aim with. They need to add iron sights for it.

Also, the M4... wow... When I'm playing MEC or PLA and listening for gunfire, I almost never hear M16s. It's always M4s. Thankfully the next patch is supposed to balance it.

Last edited by xintegrityx (2007-01-15 19:07:29)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6721
Sounds great.  Too bad my comp. could probably not hande it, as it can barley handle regular BF2.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker

bobby177 wrote:

Deadmonkiefart
+177|6721
So does that mean that you can still play on ranked servers, and that the Reality mod is on seperate unranked servers?   I just want to make sure that I can still play on ranked BF2 servers.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2007-01-15 19:26:56)

ScarletPimpFromHell
... this one goes to 11.
+12|6403|Sydney, Australia
Downloading now.

Are there any Australian servers ?
Raniak
+8|6424
This mod win !
Those big bomber planes flying in the sky just at a few meters from you is freaking scary !
And the map with all the grass like in Bf Vietnam is so cool !
First I was getting raped, but now, I thinks I'm pretty good now, but it's weird to don't have a crosshair....

oh yeah, and why when I had only 2 kills I have something like 100 points ?

The mod is like AF, EF and SF, it's a different icon on your desktop...
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6721
Does it have its own ranks? Unlocks?
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6721
Someone answer me now dammit!  Sorry....Getting a bit too excited...+1 for whoever answers all my questions.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6478|meh-land
I've considered trying it but its too big of a download until i get my dad's computer...
Raniak
+8|6424
It has his own rank, but they are useless (everyone can request the same kits (kits drop) and everyone have the same base kits) they are only for fun, and I thinks the ranks are based on the server you are, you can be a sergeant on a server and a general on another...
Edit: yes you can still play BF2, as you can still play it when you have SF or AF...

Last edited by Raniak (2007-01-15 20:47:02)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6744|Louisiana

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Does it have its own ranks? Unlocks?
As somebody has already said, some servers run private ranking systems but that's it. There's no persistent stat-tracking built into the mod. No unlocks either.

If your computer can run vanilla BF2, it can run Project Reality. The only thing you might have a problem with is the Al Basra map, which is huge and takes long to load and render. But that map is rarely played because everybody complains about it. Shame, because it's a cool map and the only one with the Insurgents as far as I know.

There seem to be a lot of European servers, but there's one American server called ECGN that is usually up in the afternoon and at night. It's almost always full.

As for the points system, I have no idea how it works. I've been promoted twice for getting one kill.

Last edited by xintegrityx (2007-01-15 20:56:16)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6407|Southern California
The stats are interesting....
They depend on what kit you are, who your shooting and their K/D ratio..
the higher a threat your victim is the more points you get. When your in the vicinity of your SL you all get points, and if your a sniper there are score multipliers depending on the distance of the shot.

But yeah the scores get ridiculous, and aren't really important. there are no unlocks, and my experiance is that the ranks you get in a game only count that game.

And yeah its a mod just like SF, so you can still run vBF2 regularly.
im_in_heaven
+27|6603
When theres a genuine ranking system. Ill download it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard