kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
It seems many of you have absolutely no idea what this is, so allow me:

Once the enemy titan shield is gone, get a transport helicopter (you must be the driver). Get as many people in as possible (doesn't have to be all in one go) and hang over the BOTTOM area of the enemy titan. Tell them to bail out, and once they land on the bottom section, you should hopefully get a "driver special ability point" for everyone who podded out onto the bottom section.

Go pick up some more lone wolfs and do the same until you've had 10 people and 10 driver special ability assists. You'll be awarded "Troop Transporter Pin"

Enjoy!

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-01-06 11:27:36)

PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6385|Norway | Unkown
allow me too....

http://bf2142.saf-squad.co.uk/?p=49

One of the reasons we made the site

Last edited by SAF.Phaxe (2007-01-06 11:33:57)

Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden
It's the only pin I havn't gotten. Well I think I havn't gotten it but EACH time I'm gonna fly over the Titan or even sit in a drop ship someone is in the Titan AA and starts to pre fire and will most of the time kill me. So I do what any smart person would do. Jump out and take a pod instead.

Allthou this pin is pretty useless to get imo. As you are a sitting duck in it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Still, a good pin to have!
Hanon1990
+7|6494|Vancouver
Lol thanksa, never knew exactly how to get that pin
Macroman
+1|6403
https://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/captainobvious.jpg

This was posted in some other stupid thread made
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
not many know this, so not very obvious captain moron.
gladiator33172
+2|6450
forgive my ignorance  lol... what exactly is the titan? i dont know it by name
Ryan86th
+14|6471|Ohio

gladiator33172 wrote:

forgive my ignorance  lol... what exactly is the titan? i dont know it by name
its a big flying ship that moves
autopilot
banned
+115|6318

Zefar wrote:

It's the only pin I havn't gotten. Well I think I havn't gotten it but EACH time I'm gonna fly over the Titan or even sit in a drop ship someone is in the Titan AA and starts to pre fire and will most of the time kill me. So I do what any smart person would do. Jump out and take a pod instead.

I've got more than 800 of them...

https://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5227/screen059eu4.jpg

And yes, that is berlin.
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6709

autopilot wrote:

Zefar wrote:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5227/screen059eu4.jpg

And yes, that is berlin.
I don't think you can get pins when the game hasn't even started
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
i have 3 pins to get still. this is one of them..
MrEzeuss
+26|6360|Nethterlands (ZH)
Practice hovering the troop-transporter, get flying when the shields are almost down, and gain altitude (approximately 400 ft) and fly toward the Titan. press N (default) to zoom in on the mini-map and hover over the rear end of the Titan.
Wait for the shields to go down and people use your halo as a jump out point.

If you go towards the Titan when the shields are already down a) the AA guns are ready for you and b) people have already gotten on the Titan and beacons will be in place thus diminishing your chance of being chosen as a jump-off point.

You'll have the best chance of being chosen as jump-off when the Titans are far apart (lessening the chance of podders from the 'home' Titan) and on a server where there are but a few teams (decreasing the chance for team-leader beacons being used).

Then there are certain maps that have a better 'cloud condition' for troop transport. Verdun for example has a really light sky, making it harder to see the halo (it's best to play PAC i believe they have the light colored aircrafts).
There are also maps that have a 'dusty' sky making you detect the enemy choppers at a late moment.
So sit in the AA guns on several maps, and look for the worst detectability of the enemy planes. That's the map you should use to try and get the pin.

So for example playing commander on Verdun (moving your Titan just a bit) on the PAC side with a lot of lone wolves increases your chance very much.
autopilot
banned
+115|6318

SnobbyBoss wrote:

autopilot wrote:

Zefar wrote:

And yes, that is berlin.
I don't think you can get pins when the game hasn't even started
Or a troop transport one on berlin.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
I got a question about this pin. I followed almost every hint, tip or whatsoever to gain one of those, but I still can´t seem to achieve it.
I recently went onto into the field together with a friend of mine, who did nothing else than jumping outta my transport onto the bottom section as stated here. Twice i received those driver ability points but then it stopped no matter where I dropped them.
Together with lots of others from my team spawning in my transport, i must have dropped at least the required ten (although it´s likely that there were about 20 drops or more).
So, anyone got any suggestions? Should I just keep trying? Or do I have to maintain a certain hight?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
it must say "you got a driver special ability assist" whenever you drop someone out. Go cap a silo or do something teamwork orientated, and then do it again and so on so forth..
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6516|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
2 Questions.
1) does it have to be the very bottom part, or can it be the bit with 2 trapdoors aswell?
2) does it count if they spawn inside your transporter, then jump out?
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

2 Questions.
1) does it have to be the very bottom part, or can it be the bit with 2 trapdoors aswell?
1. Yes
2. Yes
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6409|somewhere other then here

autopilot wrote:

Zefar wrote:

And yes, that is berlin.
yeah you got them from glitching on the first patch
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design

Samtheman53 wrote:

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

2 Questions.
1. Yes
2. Yes
Sorry i guess i put the questions across wrongly :p.

As yes doesn't really answer the first one.
I'll re-phrase it..

Does the platform with 2 trapdoors count?
47man
+46|6393|Cali

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

2 Questions.
1. Yes
2. Yes

I'll re-phrase it..

Yes
Edit: In fact, there was another one of the 50 threads on this, where I laid out exactly how to do it...

Last edited by 47man (2007-01-20 07:20:53)

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design

47man wrote:

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

1. Yes
2. Yes

I'll re-phrase it..

Yes
Edit: In fact, there was another one of the 50 threads on this, where I laid out exactly how to do it...
I can't find it
47man
+46|6393|Cali
Okay, I'll write it out again.. not all that hard to do. Just for fun I'll number the steps.

1. Get a transport when the enemy titan shield is down, and most/some of your team is assaulting it.

2. Hover about 30 meters above the back end of their titan, does not matter where as long as you are over the titan.

3. Wait for people to spawn and bail out of your transport, each one of which, will earn you 1 point toward the pin.

You probably will get shot down a couple times going for this, unless you disable their back titan AA gun.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

47man wrote:

Okay, I'll write it out again.. not all that hard to do. Just for fun I'll number the steps.

1. Get a transport when the enemy titan shield is down, and most/some of your team is assaulting it.

2. Hover about 30 meters above the back end of their titan, does not matter where as long as you are over the titan.

3. Wait for people to spawn and bail out of your transport, each one of which, will earn you 1 point toward the pin.

You probably will get shot down a couple times going for this, unless you disable their back titan AA gun.
That´s exactly what I did and still I can´t get that friggin pin.
It seems, I got the only two points while I was kinda flying-by the cargo bay of the titan. More accidentally, cause someone was shooting at me and I hysterically screamed at my buddy to pod the frick out, while I was starting to evade the shells blazing at my aircraft. lol I get really excited about this game.

Anyways, I guess I´ll try it over and over again since it´s the only damn pin I´m still missing.

~edit~

leetkyle wrote:

it must say "you got a driver special ability assist" whenever you drop someone out. Go cap a silo or do something teamwork orientated, and then do it again and so on so forth..
You say, I cant get that pin in a row, I have to pause in between? Are you sure? ~edit~

Last edited by Sisco10 (2007-01-21 05:57:18)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Say you have 5 guys in your chopper. When all 5 bail out, you get 5 driver ability assists. Then go do something, pick up more people and do the same again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard