Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6649|Camoran's Paradise
I don't know what I did but my icons look like this.

https://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/Ganko06/untitled.jpg?t=1168743129

I want the icon background to be transparent but no matter what I change they have a solid color.  What do I do to make them transparent?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6546|Winterpeg, Canada
ya, i've had this problem before, but never figured out how to fix it.
ic|shiney
+17|6558|leeds.England
think its  right click on mycomp/properties /advanced/performance/use drop shadows for icon labels on the desk top make sure thats checked

Last edited by ic|shiney (2007-01-13 18:59:01)

Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

ic|shiney wrote:

think its  right click on mycomp/properties /advanced/performance/use drop shadows for icon labels on the desk top make sure thats checked
Nope.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6350|Cali
I think it looks kewl!
ic|shiney
+17|6558|leeds.England
oops sorry
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6642|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Unknown ranger, i karmad you. DOH.

Also i dont know
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6585|Melbourne, Australia.
Try going to your dsesktop > right click > properties > appearance > advanced > in the 'item' drop down box choose icons and play around with the color there. Mine doesn't have an option to select different colors (it doesn't let me click different colors) so I can't really help you any further

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2007-01-13 19:08:11)

Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

UnknownRanger wrote:

I think it looks kewl!
Thanks.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Try going to your dsesktop > right click > properties > appearance > advanced > in the 'item' drop down box choose icons and play around with the color there. Mine doesn't have an option to select different colors (it doesn't let me click different colors) so I can't really help you any further
I did.  Thats why the icon color is close to the desktop color. 
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6340|Oregon
are you running XP?
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6650|Canada
I had this problem too and never did find a solution, so I went and bought a new computer.

Well, I did get a new one, but not for that reason. I have no idea what causes it and everything I tried didn't work.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6642|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Ive had that problem before, i cant remember what i did to fix it. I just played around with all the settings and it worked..
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

djphetal wrote:

are you running XP?
Yes.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6683|In You Endo- Stoke
Open System( Properties) in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.

Tried on this computer and it works..

thanks to this site.... http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-137
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6443|King Of The Islands

Arrange Icons > Lock Web Items on Desktop.

I think its the same as where everyone else is leading you, but my way's quicker!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

Cheez wrote:

I think its the same as where everyone else is leading you, but my way's quicker!

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Open System( Properties) in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.

Nope and nope.  I really think it has something to do with Desktop color.  Its set for the yellowish color because I don't know what else to set it to.
Cheez

Ganko_06 wrote:

Cheez wrote:

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Nope and nope.  I really think it has something to do with Desktop color.  Its set for the yellowish color because I don't know what else to set it to.
So you're saying that the text background colour differs from the desktop background colour?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

Cheez wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Cheez wrote:

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

So you're saying that the text background colour differs from the desktop background colour?
No.  The color around the text is my background color.  I don't want a background color, I want it to be transparent.   Display Properties/Desktop then the color box.  It used to be blue but I accidentally clicked on it one time it screwed up everything.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6401|Indianapolis, IN
Right click desktop > Arrange Icons by > make sure "lock desktop icons is OFF"
Cheez

And both settings are correct
Lock Web Items on Desktop: Off
Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: On

Yet it still displays it? What if you change your wallpaper?

Does this work?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

Cheez wrote:

And both settings are correct
Lock Web Items on Desktop: Off
Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: On

Yet it still displays it? What if you change your wallpaper?

Does this work?
Yes. Setting are like that.  Wallpapers make no different.  And not the website doesn't help because my registry doesn't have the folder they want me to alter.  Thanks for all this help.  At someone is finally responding to my help questions.  Post if you find something else.
CrazeD
+368|6678|Maine
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6546|Doncaster UK
i have just set my desktop to be an active desktop (i have updating statsbars on there) and now i am having the same problem also CrazeD yes thats how i want it!!!!!
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6554|EUtopia | Austria
Analyze the file format of wallpapers.
Make sure, your specific pic is the same as windows' custom wallpapers (probably .jpg).

I think, there's the difference.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard