xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6695
1. What is jihad?
In layman's terms, jihad in Battlefield 2 is car-bombing. It is considered very noobish by some, but it is one of the easiest ways to get your Expert Explosives Ordinance (other than by C4 chucking).

2. What is the easiest way to jihad someone?
Well, for starters, get a car (preferably a buggy, or something fast). Place two C4s on the hood, one C4 on each side, and one on the back. This will maximize the blast radius when taking out a group of infantry. Never try to be a full squad leader, and jihad. Chances are, as soon as you near your target, he spawns into your jeep, and you TK him.

3. Where is the best map to jihad on?
Easy. Karkand/Warlord. Some map where you're not under the constant threat of being bombed, eradicated, blown out of the water, etc. Karkand and Warlord don't have any planes or choppers, so those are the best maps.

4. I need to take out a group of infantry. What should I do?
First, look at the second tip. Arm it, and drive off. Infantry are always easier to attack, because they don't have many weapons that can take out a jeep. Beware of claymores, AT Mines, enemy C4s, etc. The claymores can blow you right out of the driver's seat, and leave your car for the taking. AT Mines and C4s will blow you and the car up.
Once you find your targets, get ready, because you're gonna need fast reflexes.
If you have a Vodnik/HMMWV/NJ2046
Once you park in the middle of the group, get into a passenger seat (one that you can fire your gun out of). This is so that when you die, you don't get revived and lose your C4s. Next, detonate. THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD. If not done fast enough, by the time you detonate, everyone is gone, and you just earned yourself a pointless death.
If you have a FAV/DPV
This is harder than if you have an armored vehicle. You have no passenger seats, so you have to get out and detonate. Once again, you're going to need fast reflexes. Get out and detonate. If you don't do it fast enough, you'll:
A. Get shot to death.
B. Kill yourself without anyone else.

5. I need to take out a vehicle. What should I do?
Um... just don't take out a tank. Please.
To do this correctly, sneak along side the car. Don't get behind him or in front of him. If you get in front of him, he'll try to back up. If you get behind him, he'll drive off and leave you in the dust by the time you detonate. Just look at tip #4, and you'll get it down with practice.

6. A plane is free!
Then it's time to have some fun. Put some C4s on a car and go 9/11 into anyone/everyone. Sometimes, it won't count as a kill with C4, but sometimes it will. Just go crazy. Its even better when you help your team, and 9/11 UAV trailers, etc.

I hope this helps future jihadis on their way to getting their explosive ordinance. Comments are appreciated.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6567|USA bitches!
*cough* obvious *cough*
Mr.Clifford
+2|6519|In teh cupboard
I like to c4 enemy planes and watch em start to take off, then I explode them.
Does that count as jihad?

Last edited by Mr.Clifford (2006-07-13 10:50:48)

gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6741|England
There are easier ways to get your expert explosives badge e.g. place C4 on a base that is capturable as soon as it goes neutral kaboom its at least 1 kill if not more if its a squad its a bonus
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

Another good map for jihading is Smoke Screen.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6646|UK

Jenkinsbball wrote:

*cough* obvious *cough*
Claudius8110
+-1|6663|Forked River, NJ
I absolutly hate people who do this.  This is something that they definatly should find a way to remove in one of the next patches.

It is a ridiculous exploit that people abuse.  If you want to destroy a tank with C4, run up to it and put it on the side like everyone else.

If you want to take out infantry, throw a grenade at them or use your machine gun or assault rifle.
Entertayner
+826|6590

LOL! It's not RL man, it's some people using their initiative!! gods sake...
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6663|United States - Illinois
How is this any exploit?  Do servers call this ramming?  I've never known what no ramming means
ride&die
+0|6335
I will jihad the hell out of any tank I see.  I love it, and if they are brazen enough to talk trash to me about it, I zone in and will only aim my man guided bomb at them for the rest of the round - I love the reaction it gets.

I don't see how people can say its cheap, BS, whatever.  Its part of the game, a pretty ingenious use of a combination of  assets available to the player I might add.  Sorry if your tank-whoring, which consists of raping infantry unable to do any damage to your tank, is unterrupted by a car bomb.  I've had my jihad buggy blasted plenty of times by a tank as I came in for the kill.  You've got one shot to get me with that main gun, if you miss, you die.  If you hit, I die - seems fair to me.

I would like to see one logical argument on why jihading should be patched out of the game...

Another addition to your guide.  Make sure you have your detonator in hand when you get into the vehicle (not a rifle, or any other weapon for that matter).  This will save precious milliseconds when you bail out of the vehicle at your target.
Ranger-Oceanus
+2|6362
Well now, this technique is all well and good, so long as you don't mind racking up more suicides than a pack of lemmings on prozac. Although I agree that this is a good way to start out learning to Jihad-Jeep, I would recommend to anyone who plans on making a career out of it (and believe me, it's a fun and effective one) to practice a slightly altered version. The key here is to choose carefully your direction of approach to your target. You want to get a general idea as to the direction they're headed, or if they're Tank Whoring, where they've stopped. I find it most effective to run around to their back spawn point, lift one of their own vehicles, and Jihad them with that. Why all this stealth and bother when you're essentially walking artillery? Because the best way to Jihad effectively is to NOT DIE IN THE PROCESS! As long as you're not approaching your enemy from up-hill, it's really just a matter of making sure you're driving at them at full speed, so that when you jump out far enough away to not die in the explosion, the vehicle continues rolling towards your enemy. Once your rolling death-trap is within close enough range, click-boom.

A good example of this is http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgCAs7A9iV8

You live, the enemy armor does not, and you dance the dance of the Mhujadeen on their smoking corpses. But like I said, you need to be sneaky. If they see you coming, you're toast. If you wait too long once hopping out, you'll get mowed down by machine-gun fire (assuming they missed with their primary cannon) and all that painstakingly arranged c4 goes to waste. Oh, and one more thing; it's considered good manners to, just before the moment of detonation, switch on your voice-com and shout some appropriately Arabic-sounding phrase ending in 'Jihad'!

Last edited by Ranger-Oceanus (2007-01-13 14:52:49)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6725

Claudius8110 wrote:

I absolutly hate people who do this.  This is something that they definatly should find a way to remove in one of the next patches.

It is a ridiculous exploit that people abuse.  If you want to destroy a tank with C4, run up to it and put it on the side like everyone else.

If you want to take out infantry, throw a grenade at them or use your machine gun or assault rifle.
If you do not have the skill to destroy a vehicle driving tword you in a tank, you do not deserve the tank.  How is it an exploit if it is more difficult?

Answer: IT'S NOT!
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6432|Michigan, USA

I've never jihad-ed before but I have seen cars left in random spots with C4 all over them... wonder what happened to the jihad-er...
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6589|United States
Helicopter Ji-hads are the funniest I've ever pulled off. So hard to do that they're almost pointless, but I hurt from laughing so hard every time I successfully pulled one off. Load an attack chopper with C-4 and go on about your business. In the unfortunate event that you get caught in a chopper vs. chopper battle and find yourself about to go down try to raise up as high as you can above the enemy chopper then angle straight down at them (Shouldn't be hard since most pilots think that flying straight at people is a good offensive move). Get the angle then bail out and pull your chute immediately and look up. If you got the angle and timing right you can detonate close to the enemy chopper without it hitting them and watch them explode.

I've also managed to load a couple C-4 on top of the Chinese jeeps on Wake, drive onto the American controlled airstrip and denotate an overhead jet that was flying a little too low. I almost peed myself from laughter.
AndrewKF
+3|6387
Look maybe someone will tel I'm a bastard or something like that, but i occasionally use this technique to destroy enemy tank or APC....    But guys face it, i was killed many times the same way ( THAT PISSED ME OFF ) and it is working. Any good way to kill enemy tank suppressing my team is a GOOD THING TO DO.
I killed many jihads trying to get me, I've died trying that as well IT IS WAR ( not exactly but it is still ) DON'T CRY TRY TO LIVE WITH IT or should I say survive with it you are not totally defenseless against jihad. BTW. even when I'm trying to jihad someone i always try to stay alive, and  recommend that to all as well.
It's just like Ranger-Oceanus said.

Last edited by AndrewKF (2007-01-13 16:43:56)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6364|Twyford, UK
The greatest enemy of a Jihad jeep is an attentive AT trooper or engineer. Many a time have I stopped incoming buggies dead with a rocket to the front axle, and there's no reason why mines won't do it.
~c4~cheppi
+29|6377|Forest Green
Well if someone in a tank is trying to make me wait 15 seconds, its only right i try to return the favour...

Last edited by ~c4~cheppi (2007-01-17 09:27:53)

blendiys
+8|6547|Belgium
Do you know what jihad means??
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6651|Finland

blendiys wrote:

Do you know what jihad means??
Sure.

Do you?
I need around tree fiddy.
blendiys
+8|6547|Belgium
Apparently you not!
Jihad means holy war and has nothing to make with this!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6651|Finland

blendiys wrote:

Apparently you not!
Apparently I yes! (grammar f**ed up on purpose)

Jihad means:

Wikipedia wrote:

Jihad, sometimes spelled Jawwad, Jahad, Jehad, Jihaad, Jiaad, Djehad, or Cihad, (Arabic: جهاد‎ ǧihād) is an Islamic term, literally meaning struggle in the way of God and is sometimes referred to as the sixth pillar of Islam, although it occupies no official status as such.[1] Within the realms of Islamic jurisprudence, jihad usually refers to military exertion against non-Muslim combatants.[2][3] In broader usage and interpretation, the term has accrued both violent and non-violent meanings. It can refer to striving to live a moral and virtuous life, to spreading and defending Islam, and to fighting injustice and oppression, among other usages.[4]

answers.com wrote:

1. Islam. An individual's striving for spiritual self-perfection.
   2. Islam. A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels.
   3. A crusade or struggle
Now, I quoted those two sources so that you'd know what it means.

BF2 lingo as written in the original post wrote:

In layman's terms, jihad in Battlefield 2 is car-bombing. It is considered very noobish by some, but it is one of the easiest ways to get your Expert Explosives Ordinance (other than by C4 chucking).
Also referred to as "Jihad-Jeeping"

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-30 05:37:36)

I need around tree fiddy.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada

blendiys wrote:

Apparently you not!
wow i never knew that... ive been under a rock for a while....
MrE`158
+103|6642
Blendyis, as DonFck demonstrates, language has context.

Most people are aware that, in common parlance, "jihad" (however you choose to spell it) is an Islamic term for a religiously motivated, usually violent struggle.  But, it's one of those things that has been assigned a new meaning in BF2:  Jihadding (or jihad-jeeping) in BF2 involves blowing your vehicle (and often yourself) up in an effort to kill the enemy.  It earned that name due to its similarity to car-bombers and suicide-bombers that claim their efforts are part of a Jihad.

If you pay any kind of attention to the posts on these (and other) forums, you'll find lots of examples of this, like (weapon)-whoring:  Means you use that weapon a lot, it does not mean that you use that weapon to provide sexual services in return for payment.  Base-raping likewise has nothing to do with non-consentual sex.  Camping doesn't actually involve a tent and marshmallows on a stick, when the word is used in the context of any FPS game.

Picking out a word like that is infantile semantics at best, and let's face it, you're just straight-up wrong.  If you've nothing better to post than some pedantic little piece of nothing, which you can't even do right, don't bother posting at all.
blendiys
+8|6547|Belgium
I've played many hours and is the first time that I see that word being used in BF2-s terms. Wow!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6672
TERRIBLE guide.

The best maps to jihad on is Road to Jalalabad, by far. Warlord is good too.

A real suicide bomber doesnt kill himself. Get out in time and you can easily blow up lots of stuff, and not take the slightest bit of damage. All this takes is timing. Practice it a few times offline, you just have to get out of your car about 2-3 meters before your target.
to take out moving tanks, drive alongside them and then get out. Simply ramming em, waiting for them to look around and then detonate works too (and it tends to piss off the whores)
taking out moving cars is also quite easy, you just have to make sure that your car will spend the last few metres without you in it going in the right direction.

use 2 packs of C4 on the first car you use, then 2 on the next, and finally 1 pack of C4 is left to take out infantry or other jeeps.

Don't EVER use vodniks or humvee's unless if you have no other choice.

Tactics:

-Approaching tanks and AT infantry from ahead is a very stupid idea, unless if you're in an ATV, in which case it's only semi-stupid.
-Be aware as much as you can: take back roads, look at the map a lot, and plan your attack.
-Most tank whores can't hit a moving car to save their life, which will quite literally be the case if you simply swerve left/right while driving towards them.
-if you're in a situation of die or blow yourself up and take some people with you, always choose option 2.

NEVER hesitate to go for a vodnik/hummer with someone in the gunner seat shooting at you, unless if it's long range.

Running people over is always a good way to get some extra kills.

ambushes work like a charm, especially as spec ops, as they don't get seen on UAV while standing still. Park your car behind a hill or building, get out, get behind/under your jeep, and wait. I've had many a tank just casually pass by my jeep thinking it's just an empty car in the middle of nowhere. Kthx, bai.

again, make good use of your map. Look for spotted stuff, UAV'd areas, and flags with lots of activity.

Just some PROPER advice here..
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard