D-Klaus
+1|6660
... when your team is in the middle of a raid and stealing one of my teams bases, in the midst of the chaos, I am the guy who you suddenly notice is running ducking and proning with your team......... with a different color uniform and red name tag.  Yes, you shot me in the head from 2 feet away.

I am the guy that you see trying to hide in the corner as you pull up with your tank and realize that you don't need to waste ammo or rockets on me and just bump me with the front of your tank and gain a kill.

I am the guy that spawns on the aircraft carrier, gets shot, doesn't know what's going on, and jumps overboard and lands 100ft down in the water then

I am the guy that you see in the middle of the street as you come around the corner in your tank.  I saw you too, that is why I freaked out and threw a grenade 1 foot in front of myself and blew myself up.  You were 200+ feet away.

I am the guy that finally got that sweet new "BattleField 2" game for Xmas, that you guys call "target practice".

This game fawkin' rocks.  Thank you for the forum, I'm learning a ton from you guys.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6728|Cardiff, Wales
Lol, nice one mate

Welcome to the game, and to the forums. Nice place here
sleepy127
+4|6709
So thats why my k/d is going up slowly.
oberst_enzian
+234|6714|melb.au
rofl
D-Klaus
+1|6660

sleepy127 wrote:

Chances are, that has more to do with you simply getting better than anything else    Though I'm sure the recent onslaught of n00bs plays a slight factor.

In all honesty, I'm getting better.  I read a lot of threads, and used a lot of advice.  I started joining squads everytime I play, and I always play a support role, like Medic or the Ammo Support guy.

Sometimes I wonder if my squad leader ever gets annoyed with me following him around, constantly reviving him and throwing him med packs.  I swear I had multiple rounds where I revived my squad leader 5 times before I die.  I'm good at hiding and staying out of the way until he (or other members in my squad) need me.  I even occasionally take out people with my machine gun

Just learning.

Last edited by D-Klaus (2006-01-03 17:25:24)

DLHanley
+0|6674

D-Klaus wrote:

... when your team is in the middle of a raid and stealing one of my teams bases, in the midst of the chaos, I am the guy who you suddenly notice is running ducking and proning with your team......... with a different color uniform and red name tag.  Yes, you shot me in the head from 2 feet away.

I am the guy that you see trying to hide in the corner as you pull up with your tank and realize that you don't need to waste ammo or rockets on me and just bump me with the front of your tank and gain a kill.

I am the guy that spawns on the aircraft carrier, gets shot, doesn't know what's going on, and jumps overboard and lands 100ft down in the water then

I am the guy that you see in the middle of the street as you come around the corner in your tank.  I saw you too, that is why I freaked out and threw a grenade 1 foot in front of myself and blew myself up.  You were 200+ feet away.

I am the guy that finally got that sweet new "BattleField 2" game for Xmas, that you guys call "target practice".

This game fawkin' rocks.  Thank you for the forum, I'm learning a ton from you guys.
!!! Hey, I thought I was that guy. That grenade trick sounds just like my M.O.
sleepy127
+4|6709

D-Klaus wrote:

sleepy127 wrote:

Chances are, that has more to do with you simply getting better than anything else    Though I'm sure the recent onslaught of n00bs plays a slight factor.

In all honesty, I'm getting better.  I read a lot of threads, and used a lot of advice.  I started joining squads everytime I play, and I always play a support role, like Medic or the Ammo Support guy.

Sometimes I wonder if my squad leader ever gets annoyed with me following him around, constantly reviving him and throwing him med packs.  I swear I had multiple rounds where I revived my squad leader 5 times before I die.  I'm good at hiding and staying out of the way until he (or other members in my squad) need me.  I even occasionally take out people with my machine gun

Just learning.
I have been doing about the same lately but tonight I went into a 16 person server and came out on top 6 out of 8 rounds. It was awesome, I am almost 1/1 win/loss now also because of tonight. The karkand rounds I stayed out of the armor but when we went to the stalemate map and mashtur I became a armor whore (look at my stats, yes I like armor but I still aint any good) Only 4800 points till master sgt (can't get that darn knife badge)
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6726

lol noobs

But seriously, good luck on BF2. It's not an easy game
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6726
D-Klaus, you are the man every squad dream of!
Honestly!
It is rare(well as I experienced) that a squad stays together, and everyone does his job properly (ie: a medic heals and revives, a support rearms, engineer repairs etc...)
Good job!
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6709|Great Wall
Good Luck
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6760|Singapore

*laughs*
D-Klaus
+1|6660

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

D-Klaus, you are the man every squad dream of!
Honestly!
It is rare(well as I experienced) that a squad stays together, and everyone does his job properly (ie: a medic heals and revives, a support rearms, engineer repairs etc...)
Good job!
Thanks man.  I was hoping that's what my squads were thinking too, and since I never got yelled at or TK'd, I must have been doing something right

I actually noticed that when my squad leader started to get used to me reviving him, and being there with him so much, that he got more brave and daring with the whole unit, and we captured quite a few bases and went on some pretty wild killing sprees.  Seemed to work great.
Dagger37A
+18|6735|USA
Everyone was "that guy" at one time or another, I frequently find myself being him when I thought I was past the n00b stage...
evillbill
+-1|6706|West Oz
You've got the right attitude to the best out of this game, that's for sure. The game is so much better played for fun than for stat's.
TigrisJK
+3|6697
Anytime you want to play together, seek me out. I've been inactive all break (busy visiting family, seeing friends, etc) so I haven't had the oppurtunity to give a good hello to all the newbies... I'll probably be on sometime tonight. I use the same nick in BF2.

Good attitude, keep on rockin.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
Great one man. I remember those days fondly and also curse those days cuz they still do happen once in a while. We will always have those horrible days where you just groan at the screen and look down at your hands to see if your hands are even positioned on the correct keys.

Welcome to BF2S.com forums my friend. Don't worry, with your positive attitude and with practice you will do just fine. See you on the battlefield!

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6753|The Hague, Holland
Welcome

Sgt.Gh0st's useless tip of today :
Get to know the M203
bgthigfist
+0|6776
Sgt.Gh0st, what's with the Gay Skinhead sig?
The Soup Nazi
+18|6758|North Lauderdale, FL
The Soup Nazi's Tip of the Day:  if you're playing as Anti-Tank and attempting to "snipe" enemy tanks and apc's from a rooftop while in prone position, be sure to be extended over the edge of the rooftop when you fire.  otherwise you'll be eating your own rocket.

Just an FYI.

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2006-01-04 07:47:59)

Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6675
Another Tip for you when Running across a street try not to dive into a bunch of the opposition it scares the crap out of them and gets you killed just as fast

But welcome to the world of BF2 have a blast trying to blast people into orbit
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6728|Cardiff, Wales
Evo's tip: play on clan servers, they will often have best teamplay, and if ya good enough, may ask you to join! Happened with me...*looks at stats* meh
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6757
Think before you run out.  Has your friend just run down an alley and died? Find a different route or think logically, you'll get more kills that way.

Good luck in the game, if you want to play with any of the forumites and have X-Fire, add your addy to the list already on the site.
Erkut.hv
+124|6706|California
Beware of Bunnies with Grenade Launchers. If you see somenoe coming at you jumping, start jumping too. Odds are they just launched an explosive at your feet, and are jumping to magically avoid the blast. Because we all know shrpanel and concussion waves only travel horizontally.
D-Klaus
+1|6660
Thanks for all the tips guys, greatly appriciated.

I had a good time playing last night.  I got into a 32player server that was only about half full.  I got some good practice in on the choppers and tanks.  I got the hang of the tank pretty good and knocked a few choppers out of the sky even.  I'm not brave enough to fly a chopper yet, but I got some good practice in the gunner seat in that one real small chopper.

What is that missle or whatever called that you can launch from the gunner seat of that small 2 seat chopper?  Is that the "TV" missles everyone talks about?  Also, it seemed like the missle would only shoot when the crosshairs were inside the box while in the camera mode,  this is correct, right?  Also, once the missle is shot, you can slightly control it with your mouse right?  It seemed as though this is what was happening, but I didn't have all that much control, just a little.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6698|Debris From Space
Some advice. On Dragon Valley be anti-tank. It's the only kit that can take out tanks from long distances. You could risk it and be spec opps, but it's better to be AT most of the time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard