Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6513|Sydney, Australia
Has anyone played this game and is it good? Also, how big is the map size compared to the previous two titles?
Fear_ofthe_Dark
+2|6407
Have you been with osama you must have because you have missed out

On another note yes it is good, I have it + played it, and the map is huge
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6719|MoVal So-Cal
Lets see, a game that came out about 2 years ago....yeah its a good game. the best of the series in fact. As for map size: you could fit GTA 3 in the map about 9 times. Add in the jet liners (yes its that big) that you can fly and other personal aircraft and you have yourself an addiction that can only be cured by beating the game.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6409

Yes.  It's a good game.  Jeepers, Cyanide and Happiness is catching on!
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6457|King Of The Islands

It's good if you've never played it, I guess its a little ho-hum for the us now that we've clocked it and its old.

Plus if they ever release finals, there's multiplayer.
MTA - Have made Race Mode (cars only), waiting on a ped' one which is apparently The Shit compared to
SA:MP - Have released a pedestrian mode but is about as bug-free as 1.2 1.3 1.4 BF2
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Vub
The Power of Two
Haha, I know it's been ages, but I've been waiting for the price of the game to fall, and plus I was in my final years of high school which meant I had to concentrate on the exams and schoolwork rather than playing games. I can't believe there's an entire bound book that comes with it, I can put it onto my shelf and pass it off as just another book
+5|6338
It's fun for the first hour and then it gets boring. Same thing over and over again with the missions.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

I can't even describe how awesome GTA SA is. There's just so much you can do, it's definitely the most realistic and has the most freedom of the series. I've got over 100 hours on it and I still love playing it. Not to mention 2-player free roam and 2-player ramages are sweet.

I can't believe you've waited this long. Go buy it now!!!
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6505|Melbourne

check out Just Cause to, its got the biggest land out of them all.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

If you want it just for the sex the news talks about, go look for the mod. I played it (unmodded) on a friend's computer, and I can honestly say that it's no worse than any other violent video game. It just picked up where Doom left off, as far as anti-game folks are concerned.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-12 00:50:21)

Cheez

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you want it just for the sex the news talks about, go look for the mod. I played it (unmodded) on a friend's computer, and I can honestly say that it's no worse than any other violent video game. It just picked up where Doom left off, as far as anti-game folks are concerned.
No its turning you into a ruthless, mindless thug. Just like BF2 is an anti-America training game developed by Extremist Arts.
Vub
The Power of Two

mtb0minime wrote:

I can't even describe how awesome GTA SA is. There's just so much you can do, it's definitely the most realistic and has the most freedom of the series. I've got over 100 hours on it and I still love playing it. Not to mention 2-player free roam and 2-player ramages are sweet.

I can't believe you've waited this long. Go buy it now!!!
Are you speaking of the PS2 version perhaps? I don't have a PS2 so I'm gonna settle for the PC version, and I guess there is no 2 player free roam/rampages feature for PC right?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

Cheez wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No its turning you into a ruthless, mindless thug. Just like BF2 is an anti-America training game developed by Extremist Arts.
If Doom turned me into a Space Marine that gets spat out by a frightened Hell, then I'll adopt that philosophy.
Cheez

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Cheez wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If Doom turned me into a Space Marine that gets spat out by a frightened Hell, then I'll adopt that philosophy.
Are you also a bi-pedal dog and a rabid bunny-thing on the hunt for sasquatch? I am, apparently.

And yes, only the PS2 had 'multiplayer' because Sony had a whinge (no-one calls splitscreen MP anymore).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

Cheez wrote:

(no-one calls splitscreen MP anymore).
Serious Sam does. On the PC, too.

It saddens me to see a gem like SS get ignored in favor of UT.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-12 02:09:44)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Cheez wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hey Pokemon turned me into a guy who runs round catch animals, storing them in cramped "balls" and only letting them out to have them try to kill eachother.
Vub
The Power of Two
Does anyone have any sound issues with GTA:SA on PC? It's probably really common, I don't get any cutscene sounds, or ambient sounds or radio sounds. How do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated and rewarded.
Cheez

Its a VERY common bug in SA, the only sound card that wasn't affected was the Audigy 2 I believe (as X-Fi were not released then as to not rate a mention, even though I just mentioned it and continue to mention the X-Fi).

The patch apparently fixes it, but I still got it, until I got an Audigy.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6406|New York
i've played all the GTA's and this one is the best, content wise. i love vice city for other reasons, but SA can definetly hold it's own. lots to do, and some missions are really interesting. i have the ps2 version, though. too bad you don't have one, because you could probably get the game for $5 used.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Vub
The Power of Two

heggs wrote:

i've played all the GTA's and this one is the best, content wise. i love vice city for other reasons, but SA can definetly hold it's own. lots to do, and some missions are really interesting. i have the ps2 version, though. too bad you don't have one, because you could probably get the game for $5 used.
Yeah, my household isn't a big fan of games you know, so I have to settle with what I can get Are there reverse lights on the cars in SA?
Scardaddy
+37|6410|UK
If you don't like this game you should kill yourself, and if you can't do that you should find a rock crawl under it and never come out, even if there's a nuclear holocaust.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6481|Tyne & Wear, England
Brilliant Game, best out of the franchise.  And the map is absolutely enormous, seriously.  Well good game, lots of interactivity and exploring to do.  Highly recommend it.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
If you get problems with the sound, you have to go into dxdiag and  turn sound acceleration down.
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6666|Land of =KBK=
Loved it.  I bought the original prior to it being taken off the shelves for adult content.  There is a mod .. hot coffee mod .. for the PC version.  I wouldn't recommend it if you are too young.  Bit explicit.  But it is an awesome game and really huge.  Enjoy it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51

Vub wrote:

Has anyone played this game and is it good? Also, how big is the map size compared to the previous two titles?
The game is fun..for the first time after that I just sucks..and the map is just HUGE! Took me 30 minutes to make a roundtrip on a motorbike..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard