sparklet
Banned
+34|6765|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i got a wrench and a hummer withouthe gun of course and i mean the H2
schmedy
+1|6707|Vermont
For all you uninformed people in the US it is legal to own full auto weapons, it just requires you to either get a class III license from the ATF or to get a tax stamp per weapon at a cost of $200.00 and involves a more lenghtly FBI backround check.  Also since the Clinton Weapons ban sunset in last Sept you can once again own weapons with a bayonett lug, protruding stock, folding stock, and new magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or greater.   That said I own a Kbar from when I was in the Marine Corps (if it is not stamped Kbar on the blade it is a knock off), a HK G3 but in semi-auto (if you try to shoot a .308 in full auto offhand after your 3rd round or so you will be aiming at the sun), shot M16's, M2 .50,  .203, 1911 in the Marines, own a 92FS(sucks compared to my USP), own a K98 for all you WWII fans, have a bunch of non-military rifles, a few other pistols, and some shotguns.  Also on the gun laws in the US you may still have screwed up ones worse then the Clinton Ban in CA, NY, MD, NJ, CT, MA, but if you don't like the sensless laws don't vote in gun grabbing morons in to Senate/House/Governer.
psychotoxic187
+11|6726

wfrog wrote:

too bad you cant get the reaL VERSIONS  of these guns to have at home.. fully auto is still illegal in US what a crock of shit huh.. oh well

while i was over seas i got play with HK G36 al the time at hte ranges omg do i want one.. the German army uses em all day and they are a for sure fire at will ain with fixed sight no need to zero weapon.. i got 40/40 with it at 50m and 34/40 with my M4 with out the new sights.

yep you bet as soon as those hit market for real ima get one.

have HK P40 sen
and a NSE Compound bow for those times you just want to shot hte kids who play in the street late at nite
Civilians can own full automatic in certain states. All you need is a class 3 license to own them.
BurlySmurf
+1|6771|Nellis AFB

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

I have nothing here at home and im happy about it.My country is peaceful, and I think it is mostly because that you can hardly own a gun. There are no shops selling firearms at all, you have to order them with the consent of the police(and of course if you have the right papers, and not just the paper that  proves you can have weapon, you have to a member of a deer hunting club which neeeds further papers etc...) and they are freakin expensive. Having the papers would cost approx 6000 euros, and you still haven't bought the weapon. I feel more comfortable knowing that almost noone has weapons in their home...
The other side of the argument is that no law abiding citizens have weapons. Criminals don't pay to register weapons, join clubs, or get papers.
DeeKay
+0|6752
i dont see the point in owning an assault rifle for home defence. Do you use a chainsaw to butter your muffin? america's gun laws are fucked and they have the worse gun murder rate in the world.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6787|AUS, Canberra
iv got a remington model 700 which is pretty much what the m24 is based on, they have the same action.

mine is chambered in 30-06 which is the same calibre but a bigger shell and its a dead set killer.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6802|Perth, Western Australia
I have a bright red toy M9 pistol.....
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6805|England
Do shock pads count?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

I will never own these weapons, nor will ever get the chance to use them probably. Even the New Zealand army is still using M16s from the 60s. I was in the Air cadets briefly and the only thing they seemed to have were .22s.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6795
i have an axe for self defence
[chu^2]sysfailur
+0|6717
Btw, not in the game but it NEEDS TO BE

https://maximumoc.com/img/SW1911PD/2620edited800.jpg
schmedy
+1|6707|Vermont

DeeKay wrote:

i dont see the point in owning an assault rifle for home defence. Do you use a chainsaw to butter your muffin? america's gun laws are fucked and they have the worse gun murder rate in the world.
Show us some proof on your factless statistic, I tend to disagree.
StickyBombs
+8|6774|Sacramento, CA (USA)
I don't need any guns...I have Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary right here...(The Anchor Man)
WhiteStain
+3|6753|NEPA
I have a pickup truck, civilian car, atv, knife, and crescent wrench.

But seriously I have fired some of the weapons in the game, Basic Training HOOAH!

M16A2 + M203. Serious pwnage on the range
M249 Saw
Simulated SRAW with 9mm tracer rounds
Claymore Simulators
Night Vision Goggles
Gas Mask

Good times.
Antioch93x
+0|6706
well Im too young to own ANY gun but i have fired the:
-AK47
-M4A1
-MP5
-.50DEagle

and some other stuff

im only 12 o.O

my cousin is a huge bf2 fan and goes out and buys some guns so we can shoot at squirrels
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6772
BurlySmurf wrote:

The other side of the argument is that no law abiding citizens have weapons. Criminals don't pay to register weapons, join clubs, or get papers.

It is true, but getting a gun on the black market is risky, and it is not cheap also. In my country there are very few people who could afford it, besides if you can get guns so easily, you wont get it illegally, and I think it encourages crimes also.
Well, if someone wants to buy a weapon, then he WILL anyways...

No flaming to those who have guns and shoot because it is their hobby, just stating opinion.
vedds
+52|6771|Christchurch New Zealand

Tyferra wrote:

I will never own these weapons, nor will ever get the chance to use them probably. Even the New Zealand army is still using M16s from the 60s. I was in the Air cadets briefly and the only thing they seemed to have were .22s.
Its not that bad man, THe NZ army use the Steyr Augs as their standard rifle these days.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854

psychotoxic187 wrote:

wfrog wrote:

too bad you cant get the reaL VERSIONS  of these guns to have at home.. fully auto is still illegal in US what a crock of shit huh.. oh well

while i was over seas i got play with HK G36 al the time at hte ranges omg do i want one.. the German army uses em all day and they are a for sure fire at will ain with fixed sight no need to zero weapon.. i got 40/40 with it at 50m and 34/40 with my M4 with out the new sights.

yep you bet as soon as those hit market for real ima get one.

have HK P40 sen
and a NSE Compound bow for those times you just want to shot hte kids who play in the street late at nite
Civilians can own full automatic in certain states. All you need is a class 3 license to own them.
Try and get a Class III
David Coresh had one, You get it.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6793|UK
Dear Wendy.......
psychotoxic187
+11|6726
Actually in some states, it's fairly easy, as long as you can pass an FBI scan on you. A lot of people who sell guns from their homes have a class 3. It mostly depends on if you are in a rural area or not. In the city, you are most likely going to not get it, but as long as you pass their checks, essentially they can't not give it to you.
Maj.Do
+85|6769|good old CA
i own a knife that looks like the knife in bf2.  I also owned a g36.  dont know which class. got it from uncle
Viper86DK
+1|6706
I dint own any weapons but i can recap what i have fired

Diemaco C7A1 Standart issue in my unit
Diemaco C8A1 (M4 version)
Diemace LSW
MG42 - Old MG for the danish army
.50 cal Heavy MG
Neuhausen pistol - Standart issue for me
M249 SAW
M240
Beretta 9 mm
M16 Assault riffle
AK47
AK74
HK G3A3
Lituanian Service pistol (Unknown name)
AK5 Swedish standart issue
Glock 17
G36
G36 Carbine
HK P8
HK USP

Might be a bit more but cant remember right now :p

Edit -

AT4 Anti tank
Carl Gustav Anti tank
SMOG anti tank
German army sniper rifle

Last edited by Viper86DK (2006-01-03 17:43:18)

priznat
+0|6864
Wish they had the Diemaco C7A1/A2 in the game instead of M16, canadian made AND full auto instead of lame 3 round burst

I'm going to vegas next week and plan on trying out the M249 Minimi (SAW) here: http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/rental.htm

Looks like fun Might give the MP5 a whirl too..
TigrisJK
+3|6743
As far as gun laws go, I am definately in favour of gun control where it works. We've seen plenty of instances where it works perfectly. I live in Canada, where the laws are slightly stricter than in the States... but that really doesn't matter over here. All it takes is a car, a passport, some gas, and money, and you can just pick up from the States and cross the border. Happens every bloody day.

Of course, guns will never really be abolished from Canada. We have enough farmers across the nation that require them to protect their livestock, etc... as most of our country is covered in wilderness (possibly one of the best things about Canada, really).

If it weren't for that, I don't think that gun control laws would work here anyway. It is, as I mentioned earlier, far too easy to import all manner of guns from the States. Even if we were to implement gun-control laws, it wouldn't help at all when criminals themselves have plenty of guns anyway.

However, that is not to say, if it weren't for the fact that we need guns for perfectly legitimate reasons, that gun control laws would be a bad idea, they would still hamper the ease by which someone could acquire weapons.

Law-abiding citizens in Canada, at least in urban areas, have no need for firearms. We're not an aggressive society and the gun-related murders that do happen (mostly in Toronto, where I live when I'm not at school) are usually gang-related violence. For a private citizen to protect themselves with firearms would require them to also have a concealed firearms license, and habitually carry their firearms outside of the house... which by all means is a very backwards way of doing things, and fosters a negative sort of social trust.

I've lived both in the States and in Canada, and I can honestly say that people are truely nicer here, and expect nicer of others than they do in the States. Which is very interesting, I must say.

As for owning firearms, I don't own any myself, but I have fired several. If I were to own one (no plans at the current moment) to take to the range, I'd probably get a H&K USP, or a Match variant of the pistol if I can find one going for a decent price (they're no longer produced, so they're quite a collector's item). Preferably .45 ACP variants.

As far as automatics go, besides the Diemaco C7 (rifle) and C8 (carbine), and the Steyr AUG most my choices would have to be H&K firearms (In the following order: G36, MP5K (possibly with suitcase), MP5SD, etc).

Long-rifles, I'd go with the H&K PSG, H&K MSG90, Walther WA2000 and the Blaser 93 tactical, in that order.

But as I said, no intentions to own any at the current moment
[DARE] ksack
+0|6712
i own 2 M9 pistols but there's one catch...they're airsoft guns...

but i have a couple Benelli semi-auto shotties 4 waterfoul hunting!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard