Freebird should be #2
OmniDeath
~
+726|6652

im disappointed that alex lifeson of rush is only on there once
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker
Eruption beats Stairway to Heaven.  We're talking guitar solos here Steve Vai and Eddie VanHalen have to ride the top.  How could they possibly decide on a rank for some of those?  I'd never be able to decide.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Stairway to Heaven, whilst being a very good song, is no where near the best solo ever.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
How come Eddie Van Halen is 46 and Zakk Wylde 61?
Dimeyard
+7|6337|Sweden
Yngwie is 36.. that´s bulls**t!!

However, Comfortably Numb should be number one.

Last edited by Dimeyard (2007-01-11 11:09:06)

Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6655|Nova Scotia
I'm disappointed that Tom Morello is on there at all.

Last edited by Rygar (2007-01-11 11:07:39)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

I like Hendrix, but I think these guys have a serious Hendrix "HARD ON!"
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York
ccr should have been further up. and it was nice to see a ska song on there (santeria), suprising as it was.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
I definitely dont agree with the placement of a lot of these, and there are some that didnt even make it on the list...
how did they come up with this list?
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6341
seeing Van Halens beat it solo at 67 made me sick

thats the best solo in the world.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

heggs wrote:

ccr should have been further up. and it was nice to see a ska song on there (santeria), suprising as it was.
I like Santeria, sadly Sublime's singer died coz of drugs.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

seeing Van Halens beat it solo at 67 made me sick

thats the best solo in the world.
I can't say it's the best, but one of the top 5 for sure.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio

Rygar wrote:

Tom Morello is freaking sweet. How can you not like RATM? Or at least Audioslave.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Rygar wrote:

Tom Morello is freaking sweet. How can you not like RATM? Or at least Audioslave.
I hate Chris Cornell for leaving Soundgarden, one of the best bands of all time.  F.ck you Chris.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

Why Europe's hit song The Final Countdown isn't #1 is beyond me. Anyone who has heard that song knows it has the best guitar solo thing in the history of music.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6655|Nova Scotia

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Rygar wrote:

I do like them.  I really like Audioslave.  He can sound good, I just don't think he can lay down a decent solo (he hasn't, to date, with Audioslave).
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6427|Florida
As a guitar player I've always hated these stupid poles. Who cares which one is the best, there all good. These guys all have talent or they wouldn't be doing it at that level.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6539|Boston, MA
It's obviously going to be biased and nobody's going to agree because as we all know major companies that have anything to do with music like Guitar World obviously don't know a thing about music. Honestly, I like Jimi Hendrix, but I think he is just way too overrated. Yeah, I know he did a lot to revolutionize the guitar and stuff, but I know there's a lot of people out there that can definately play better than him. I know you have to respect your elders in a way, but when it comes to outright talent, I just don't think he's the best.

Honestly, if it was Top 100 Greatest Guitar SONGS of all time, I would agree with Stairway To Heaven. But the solo isn't anything amazing. That, and I still think Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin is the greatest song of all time. The main biased thing is that they look at the greatest guitarist of all time in general, they need to look at the greatest guitarist that shined in those solos. The likes of Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, etc, should be way up there because they are just incredible when it comes to solos. I was actually kind of disappointed to see Under A Glass Moon so far back. That solo is amazing. Also the fact that Acid Rain by Liquid Tension Experiment not being up there at all just befuddles the mind.

And just to get that one joke in, I am amazed NOT to see The Cover Of The Rolling Stone by Dr Hook & The Medicine Show in that list!! That is simply the greatest guitar solo of all time!!!

Oh, and for anybody who doesn't know the song or are too lazy to download it, it sounds like something a 3 year old who never played guitar would make up, still a great song though, the solo was supposed to be a joke.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6585|Arlen, Texas

Knightnifer wrote:

Number 1 should be :     

song: Freebird
guitarist: Collins/Rossington
band: Lynyrd Skynyrd
album: Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd
more: Freebird tab & solo notes
That would be a guitar duet, not a solo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard