Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6761
I've always been confused why the accuracy is crap  on the L85A1 and yet you score a lot of hits. On further testing, it seems to be the bullet spread is so large some of the bullets always hit. This actually makes sometimes it better than a super-accurate gun like the G36C/E, as even if your target moves you'll continue to hit them. Anyone agree?
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6741|Vermont
In some cases I guess.  If you can't see the target well (i.e. you've been flashbanged or near an explosion or something) or can't aim at him well (i.e. VERRRRRY close quarters combat) then you may have better luck with the Enfield.  Personally, I love my G36-E but still use the Enfield in certain situations or maps (Mashtuur) because the scope helps for ranged targets.  I loved my Enfield for quite a while but sadly, my shiny new G36 has taken its place in many situations.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX

Talon wrote:

the bullet spread is so large some of the bullets always hit.
Not a flame, but I fail to see how a larger spread will increase accuracy, unless using spray and pray tactics.  If you are just generally aiming and shooting off rounds then you've got a good chance to hit with 1/5 or 1/6 but what good is this unless you tag the head?

I tend to switch to single shot and rifle off bullets at my enemies with a small pause between shots (prone). For burst fire and or CQB I prefer the SF upgrade, tight coil of bullets and good damage.  The descision is mandated by the map I'm playing on and the type of medic activity I'm doing (squad vs stat building [NOT padding]).
BF2dude
+1|6776

Kung Jew wrote:

Talon wrote:

the bullet spread is so large some of the bullets always hit.
Not a flame, but I fail to see how a larger spread will increase accuracy, unless using spray and pray tactics.  If you are just generally aiming and shooting off rounds then you've got a good chance to hit with 1/5 or 1/6 but what good is this unless you tag the head?

I tend to switch to single shot and rifle off bullets at my enemies with a small pause between shots (prone). For burst fire and or CQB I prefer the SF upgrade, tight coil of bullets and good damage.  The descision is mandated by the map I'm playing on and the type of medic activity I'm doing (squad vs stat building [NOT padding]).
I think he means that with the large spread of bullets kinda has a shotgun affect.

Last edited by BF2dude (2006-01-03 15:10:57)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I don't like the L85A1 much. My reasons follow.

- When unzoomed, the damn thing is so comically bulky. It lakes away some of your vision, which I just find annoying.

- When zoomed, the 'crosshair' sucks.

- MOST IMPORTANT POINT: It dosn't sound cool when firing.

Quite frankly, I only unlocked it so I could get the much superior G36E, which I am very happy with. It is resulting in me being a medic more.
Close combt may result in the L85A1 being the superior weapon because of it's Automatic firing mode while the G36E is a burst firer, so in a map such as Iron Gator I would pick the L85A1 if I were a Medic. In a mid/long-range type situation, I can quite happily use the open sight of the G36E though, so the scope dosn't have much use for me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

Talon wrote:

I've always been confused why the accuracy is crap  on the L85A1 and yet you score a lot of hits. On further testing, it seems to be the bullet spread is so large some of the bullets always hit. This actually makes sometimes it better than a super-accurate gun like the G36C/E, as even if your target moves you'll continue to hit them. Anyone agree?
well i hate that L85A1.. i like the g36e much more.. single shot.. perfect only against nade launchers it is crap.. but yeah everything is crap against that..
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6762|Internet!
I love the L85A1, best gun around... tons better than the useless G36E.

@ Tyferra: You must love the S12K than, correct?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I like both guns equaly. But I kinda like the look of the L85A1 better ( I am tired of looking at the G36 lol)(I own a G36C bb gun). The L85 is underestimated. That thing is lethal, you just have to not suck...

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-01-03 16:57:17)

Major_M_Walsh
+0|6692|Ireland
Yeah, I haven't unlocked the G36E yet, but I'm going to. (only 30 points away but my Gaming PC's packed up).
Atm, I love the L85A1, but I'm afraid that if I get the G36E the other one will be defunct and made redundant.

The sweetest thing about the L85A1 is the High Accuracy and the Automatic Mode availability.... well if I get the G36E I'm gonna have even better Accuracy but I'll be stuck into firing in bursts. (And I'd had enough of that after the basic M16A2.)
I suppose the L85A1 will be handier for Low-Medium Range and the G36E for Longer Range, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Major_M_Walsh (2006-01-03 17:09:10)

banndontv
+-1|6748
yes. it seems to be the g36e rocks at medium to long range, and blows up close.  I always get hammered by the AK 101, l85 or just about anything when it comes to close quarter.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Or of course by hopping GL-ers. :p
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

Major_M_Walsh wrote:

Yeah, I haven't unlocked the G36E yet, but I'm going to. (only 30 points away but my Gaming PC's packed up).
Atm, I love the L85A1, but I'm afraid that if I get the G36E the other one will be defunct and made redundant.

The sweetest thing about the L85A1 is the High Accuracy and the Automatic Mode availability.... well if I get the G36E I'm gonna have even better Accuracy but I'll be stuck into firing in bursts. (And I'd had enough of that after the basic M16A2.)
I suppose the L85A1 will be handier for Low-Medium Range and the G36E for Longer Range, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?
I use my g36e in single shot.. works perfect.. only against bunnyhoppers.. but that wont be a problem soon.. but i just played a map.. g36e  singleshot 2 machinegunners laying there alll of the sudden, so i shoot thinkin i will get one and then gettin killed but i actually killed thjem both and with the LA85A1 i cant do thhis, because it sucks for me =-)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Kanil wrote:

@ Tyferra: You must love the S12K than, correct?
Which one is that?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard