Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6671|Norway
Hi guys, I just got an iPod for my birthday - the larger 80GB version - and need some help, please.

First off, I took it to my girlfriend. She's got a Mac and an iPod so I connected my iPod to her Mac and transferred about 12 gigs worth of music. Now, I get home and plug my pod to my PC (Windows). It seems my iPod now has been formatted for Mac usage. This leaves me with some questions for the pod headz out there:

1. How can I copy the 12 gigs over to my PC before formatting the pod to use in Windows?

2. (after formatting the pod to Windows) Are there any settings in iTunes that lets me select which files to add to the library, or will iTunes automatically convert all my music to iTunes files - leaving me with useless files if I get rid of my iPod down the road? I have like 300GB+ of music that I have collected from way back. I burned almost all my old vinyls over to an external HD and do NOT want these to be fucked by iTunes.

3. General usage: When I'm in the iTunes library - am I seeing files that are copied to an iTunes folder (so I have dupes on my drive) - or am I seeing whatever musicfile I have; regardless of format?

Any other suggestions/tips from fellow iPod users are very welcome. I'm a newbie on this.

Cheers!

Tor
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6415|Indianapolis, IN

Tor77 wrote:

Hi guys, I just got an iPod for my birthday - the larger 80GB version - and need some help, please.

First off, I took it to my girlfriend. She's got a Mac and an iPod so I connected my iPod to her Mac and transferred about 12 gigs worth of music. Now, I get home and plug my pod to my PC (Windows). It seems my iPod now has been formatted for Mac usage. This leaves me with some questions for the pod headz out there:

1. How can I copy the 12 gigs over to my PC before formatting the pod to use in Windows?

2. (after formatting the pod to Windows) Are there any settings in iTunes that lets me select which files to add to the library, or will iTunes automatically convert all my music to iTunes files - leaving me with useless files if I get rid of my iPod down the road? I have like 300GB+ of music that I have collected from way back. I burned almost all my old vinyls over to an external HD and do NOT want these to be fucked by iTunes.

3. General usage: When I'm in the iTunes library - am I seeing files that are copied to an iTunes folder (so I have dupes on my drive) - or am I seeing whatever musicfile I have; regardless of format?

Any other suggestions/tips from fellow iPod users are very welcome. I'm a newbie on this.

Cheers!

Tor
How friggin' dare you have a sig that defaces Tux. You my friend get no help!

J/k

You can't actually xfer files FROM your iPod VIA iTunes if that's what you're using. There is; however a backup option. I really recommend using an app called anapod, or another type of iPod app that is freeware to do this, it's possible.

Last edited by misconfiguration (2007-01-10 14:24:59)

ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6352
Your best bet is to use CopyPod or Anapod, although I suggest "acquiring without paying" the full versions otherwise it'll take forever as they only a certain amount of transfers at one time.
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6671|Norway
Thanks guys - I read about Anapod and I'm definately gonna buy it. Yes, "buy" it - I like to support people who uses time and energy on developing great tools.

Cheers!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Tor77 wrote:

Thanks guys - I read about Anapod and I'm definately gonna buy it. Yes, "buy" it - I like to support people who uses time and energy on developing great tools.

Cheers!
I have it and use it. Honestly it's the best thing I have done for my iPod . I "buy" very few software items... this was well worth it. Good luck and if you need any help with it let me know.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-11 01:08:06)

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard