Bad58%58% - 77
Total: 131
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Kmarion wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You fail to realize the enitre world had intelligence that indicated Saddam was a threat. If Saddam was not posturing himself to appear dangerous he would still be alive. Everyone had the same Intel in this matter http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/li … ll_toc.htm . So when you look at the facts, Saddam brought this on himself by deliberately appearing to be something we now know he wasn't.

God forbid we actually blame the Iraqi's for blowing themselves up as well.
So Saddam went and played the big man, we fell for it and went in there head first. So why exaclty are we not leaving now we know this entire situation is completly wrong?

Iraq poses little to no threat to anyone but themselves, let them rule their own country their way. I love all the "they don't know our way of life we have to teach them" attitudes, next someone will be trying to force christianity one them or summin. Shouldn't it be we know nothing of THEIR way of life we should fuck off and let them have their own free will to make their own decisions through whatever processes they choose to use, violent or not? No? Why not exactly? Who are we to dictate what happens in a nother country? Who are we to decide what's right or wrong for them? The whole werstern attiude of us being better than them simply because they're different to us is so fucking retarded it's pathetic, we are not superior, our way of life is different and for us better, but it doesn't apply to them, democtratic goverments work here because we chose them, forcing a democracy on a nation is exactly the opposite of democracy stands for.
You put so many different words in my mouth I dont know where to start. I am not a person who feels we should be there to impose our will on them if that is what you are trying to say.
lol I probably am, I'm slightly drunk and rambling somewhat so things arn't as coherant as I'd usually be, I know you're fairly neutral on all this. Sill despite my condition i think I made my options sufficiently known. I can't see any legitimate reason for our troops to stay. (going to sleep now).
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6332|Toronto Canada
i think they should start  slowly decreasing the amount of troops, that war is not going anywhere good
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

srog72 wrote:

no mission......we got saddam.........we really got him............so why are we there now.......911?  Iraq set off 911?
Current Mission= A self sustainable democratic Iraq . Next question.
Next question?  What if they don't want a democracy?
Thats why they voted in gov't officials even though there were threats of bombing at poll sites.  Oh and thats why there are Iraq men signing up to be police officers.

Where is the they don't want democracy in that.  The people doing the killing are insurgents and extremists.
srog72
+12|6757|Michigan

Kmarion wrote:

I didn't say that it was a possibility. Again someone said there was not a mission, I clarified. This is not to say that it is not a flawed idea. People have a tough time not jumping to conclusions in these forums. If you look back a few post you can see I wrote you can not force someone to be successful.
So 20,000 soldiers who have probably been 2 or 3 times already sent back for a flawed idea????

and i apologize I didnt see you mentioned "making a government take charge"
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Colfax wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Current Mission= A self sustainable democratic Iraq . Next question.
Thats why they voted in gov't officials even though there were threats of bombing at poll sites.  Oh and thats why there are Iraq men signing up to be police officers.

Where is the they don't want democracy in that.  The people doing the killing are insurgents and extremists.
This is present in how many Iraqis support people like Muqtada.  They might be extremists, but their numbers make them far more than just a small portion of the population.  As things escalate, Muqtada could become the next leader of Iraq by force, not by election, and a significant portion of the population would seem to approve of this possibility.
srog72
+12|6757|Michigan
I did watch some of goofballs address......correct me if I am wrong ( I am sure u will)  But we are giving Iraq a deadline to take charge of their country or we leave????
Colfax
PR Only

Turquoise wrote:

Colfax wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Who said I was a pacifist?  I believe in just retaliation, but I don't see the Iraq War as being part of that.  We attacked them, and we fucked up the reconstruction.  We're $400 billion in the hole -- it's time to leave.
I was not referring to you as a pacifist i was referring to the American public being pacifists during WWII and staying out of it while Europe begged for help.  And we still got attacked.  So referring back to you post i quoted if we pull out and leave them be it will not only BLOW UP with violence but we will just be counting the days or months before we get attacked again and/or someone is calls for action to be taken in Iraq again.
Why are you so sure it will be from Iraq?  Pakistan is far more of a problem for us in the long run, as is Afghanistan.  Most extremists in Iraq are just interested in taking over Iraq, not attacking us.
If you believe that you are very vain person.  Extremists have blatantly said they want to bring down the west.  i.e. U.S., Europe etc...

Once Iraq is 'taken over' they are just gonna live in harmony?  HA!
srog72
+12|6757|Michigan

Turquoise wrote:

Colfax wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

This is present in how many Iraqis support people like Muqtada.  They might be extremists, but their numbers make them far more than just a small portion of the population.  As things escalate, Muqtada could become the next leader of Iraq by force, not by election, and a significant portion of the population would seem to approve of this possibility.
I just quoted so this could be seen again.........Al-Sadr will take charge and create a self sustainable Iraq....not democratic though and it wont take 5 years...
Colfax
PR Only
If didn't see the address in its entirety you shouldn't be commenting on this.

There are benchmarks this must meet or tactics will change most likely.

Last edited by Colfax (2007-01-10 20:01:51)

srog72
+12|6757|Michigan

Colfax wrote:

democracy is sweet aint it....
Colfax
PR Only

srog72 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Colfax wrote:

I just quoted so this could be seen again.........Al-Sadr will take charge and create a self sustainable Iraq....not democratic though and it wont take 5 years...
Yeah because his tactics won't be under under constant scrutiny.

We could also take charge real fast it would take however much time it takes for a button to be pushed that releases a tactical nuke that would devastate Iraq.  then we walk in with pistols and finish off the surviving.  Then we have control.  Would this happen...no

Last edited by Colfax (2007-01-10 20:06:42)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Colfax wrote:

The benchmarks seemed very vague to me. Perhaps we will have a more hardened strategy to look at .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Colfax
PR Only

srog72 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

your a biased source that shouldnt be talking because you don't have all the correct information.  All you are is the National Enquire.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

What's funny is that I see many of the people who were clamoring for more troops before bemoaning the fact that they got their wish. Talk about wishy-washy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-10 20:09:06)

srog72
+12|6757|Michigan

Kmarion wrote:

Colfax wrote:

The benchmarks seemed very vague to me. Perhaps we will have a more hardened strategy to look at .
Thats my whole problem with the whole "war" Everything is too "Vague"  IMO Vague is cousin to LIE, Scheme.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6537|Carlsbad, CA, USA

Kmarion wrote:

Colfax wrote:

yes please! much more hardened, our policies are akin to vietnam. we need to harden our hearts, and use our heads.
srog72
+12|6757|Michigan

Colfax wrote:

srog72 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

your a biased source that shouldnt be talking because you don't have all the correct information.  All you are is the National Enquire.
Im not biased at all......I have seen good comments(points) from both sides of this thread but my source is seeing this war in real life and on TV.........
-=CB=-krazykarl

srog72 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Colfax wrote:

Thats my whole problem with the whole "war" Everything is too "Vague"  IMO Vague is cousin to LIE, Scheme.
learn, educate, go to school, stop taking breaks during auto shop for bong loads, these concepts might help.
Colfax
PR Only

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Colfax wrote:

yes please! much more hardened, our policies are akin to vietnam. we need to harden our hearts, and use our heads.
There will be in the coming weeks
-=CB=-krazykarl

srog72 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

srog72 wrote:

Im not biased at all......I have seen good comments(points) from both sides of this thread but my source is seeing this war in real life and on TV.........
in REAL LIFE? wtf son, are you for real? ON A FUXING SCREEN? THAT IS REAL? grow up dude, then maybe we can talk. c fuxing c fuxing and fuxing n, is not REAL LIFE. welcome to reality. have a blissful night. SON!
srog72
+12|6757|Michigan

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

srog72 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

in REAL LIFE? wtf son, are you for real? ON A FUXING SCREEN? THAT IS REAL? grow up dude, then maybe we can talk. c fuxing c fuxing and fuxing n, is not REAL LIFE. welcome to reality. have a blissful night. SON!
what are you contributing?  All you have said is smart ass comments and I need to grow up?  I also said I spent 360 days there, 186 in Sadr City.....I have seen whats happening over there......that is why I came in here to discuss, not to have somebody bash me when they have nothing to add but "GOOD"......
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Colfax wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Colfax wrote:

I was not referring to you as a pacifist i was referring to the American public being pacifists during WWII and staying out of it while Europe begged for help.  And we still got attacked.  So referring back to you post i quoted if we pull out and leave them be it will not only BLOW UP with violence but we will just be counting the days or months before we get attacked again and/or someone is calls for action to be taken in Iraq again.
Why are you so sure it will be from Iraq?  Pakistan is far more of a problem for us in the long run, as is Afghanistan.  Most extremists in Iraq are just interested in taking over Iraq, not attacking us.
If you believe that you are very vain person.  Extremists have blatantly said they want to bring down the west.  i.e. U.S., Europe etc...

Once Iraq is 'taken over' they are just gonna live in harmony?  HA!
Vain?...  Where does that come into this?...  Anyway, Afghanistan still has potential, and that's where our troops should be.  Iraq is a lost cause, and whoever takes over will be too busy fighting his own people to attack us.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

srog72 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

You support sending more troops over there, so pay them some fucking respect.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
The Bartenders Son
+42|6694|online

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

srog72 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

He said T.V LMFAO... you have seen nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Bartenders Son
+42|6694|online

Spark wrote:

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

srog72 wrote:

You support sending more troops over there, so pay them some fucking respect.
Im going to agree with that statement ... +1 for you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard