IA_Casper11
+0|6697
so if anybody can help me ,i how do i go about takeing a clan tag off my name so i can keep my stats with out haveing to lose it all and starting all over again im over 20,000 points and realy  dont want to lose them again thanks for your time
oberst_enzian
+234|6749|melb.au
you can't. can't change your name - the only thing you can do is add a different tag with the prefix function
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6793

go to my documents
battlefield 2
profiles
open global.con in notepad
remove prefix;
the line should now read: GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix ""
serves one, let cool for 5 minutes, enjoy.
Ryan
+1,230|6850|Alberta, Canada

wow that really works? well my original username is [Derish], and i added the [WPC] in front of it with the prefix function. so if i do what u said beeng, i can change my name from [Derish] to anything i want? without it screwing up the game?
IA_Casper11
+0|6697
thanks all for the help works great..
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6760

ryan_14 wrote:

wow that really works? well my original username is [Derish], and i added the [WPC] in front of it with the prefix function. so if i do what u said beeng, i can change my name from [Derish] to anything i want? without it screwing up the game?
No it just changes [WPC][Derish] to [Derish] it just removes the prefix of your name.

Now if your name is like wpc_derishand not [Derish]

So if IA_Casper11's name is IA_Casper11 for his stats search then the only way currently to change name is a new account.
Ryan

In the game, your only allowed to type in like 5 or 6 characters max in the prefix, but if i go to that Global.con file, could i type in somthing longer than 5 or 6 characters?

so i could change the prefix to like (for example): Xc0n* aka

so then my name would say Xc0n* aka [WPC] [Derish]

would that work?
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6734
You can type somehting longer then 6 chars, but it won't show.

On the topic, beware the prefix before my name.

(x_x) means I'm fine
(o_O) means I'm most likely stoned
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6847|Scotland!
debate and serious talk..

hmmm

Lets debate noobs who don't read shit.
Ryan

thanks.

Board footer