02fxnmaurer
+75|6497|Birmingham UK
hot lead fred no way are you a noob, mason just cnt take the fact that he got beat by a lower rank
R0lyP0ly
+161|6668|USA
mason and hotleadfred are one in the same. Says Prodie
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6515|Valley of the Dragons

dont_be_ss wrote:

.cat. wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Sniper is a great class to play, but unfortunatly a lot of players, ie claywhores/gaymore spammers etc, give the kit a bad rep. I think it is unfair to suggest that people play sniper purely because they suck at full on infantry combat, I'm sure many snipers out there, myself included are fairly capable of CQB, but a sniper is at his most effective if you cant see him while he's shooting at you, hence why many snipers prefer to stay back from the main combat, and not cap flags

Just because snipers don't always cap flags, doesn't mean they are'nt contributing to the round. A Sniper who stays well hidden, and racks up a score of 17 or so, to no deaths, is not costing your team a single ticket, but denys the opposition 17 or so more spawns. There has also been many times, as a sniper, where i have taken out enemy Spec Ops, laying c4 all over friendly armour, therefore not only am i a) killing the enemy, but b)saving one of our teams most valuable combat assets from destruction.

In brief, snipers, good ones, provide a valuble asset to whatever team they play on, but they are given a bad name by many, possibly the majority of snipers in-game.
Sorry I dont remember a time ever a sniper going 17-0 and helping my team in anyway caping flags or defending flags. Sure they can drop a guy or 2 pushing a flag but most likely that guy they dropped will be rez'd by a M in their squad. I leave servers if I see a bunch of players using the sniper kit bc eventually it = cap out or camp out.
17-0 is not hard. When did you last go 17-0 with the ak?

You don't need to physically cap the flag yourself to help your team take it do you?

All you have to do is watch over your buddys. Any good sniper will take out 3/4 guys
That .cat. is a noob with his inflated sniper kit and just over 400 kills with the Rifle vs 2400 for the Kit.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6855
I Hate Snipers

Just Played A Game Where The Whole Other Team Was Sniper.
Jedikiah
+6|6456
http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=192953

snipers never die.. when I know Im going to die, I always drop a claymore in front of me because usually theres some n00b who did kill me yes, but then go for the teabag and I get my revenge.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6610|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

A-Unit64 wrote:

I Hate Snipers

I just made a post without using capital letters on every word.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6765|Chicago.
His caps lock was blocked. You can't blame him.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6753|Great Wall
I like snipers.. the more of them on the map the better... At least I don't need to look for my targets they just appear in most obvious locations
docnutz
+39|6774|B O S T ON area

killer21 wrote:

If you have a k/d ratio with a sniper rifle below 3, then you really shouldn't consider yourself a good sniper
not true, and i'll take u on any time, hit my x-fire
.cat.
+4|6354

Jemme101 wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

.cat. wrote:

Sorry I dont remember a time ever a sniper going 17-0 and helping my team in anyway caping flags or defending flags. Sure they can drop a guy or 2 pushing a flag but most likely that guy they dropped will be rez'd by a M in their squad. I leave servers if I see a bunch of players using the sniper kit bc eventually it = cap out or camp out.

You don't need to physically cap the flag yourself to help your team take it do you?

All you have to do is watch over your buddys. Any good sniper will take out 3/4 guys
That .cat. is a noob with his inflated sniper kit and just over 400 kills with the Rifle vs 2400 for the Kit.
just goes to show you havent a clue. I used to sport a sniper kit when I flew helos/jets just to lay claymores around AF and Carrier on Wake. The only time I ever dawn a sniper kit these days if I feel like engage in bridge to bridge fighting on wake and not sit in some bush 10 miles away from the action.

I think its funny you calling me a noob when you have never even once faced me on the ground or air. If you want to try your skills with mine Ill be happy to give you a 1v1 lession. PM me if youre bold enough.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6693|Middle of nowhere
i just hate how i'm no good at sniping
lol
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6605|Reisterstown, MD

docnutz wrote:

lol.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6551|Carlsbad, CA, USA

whatever, I'll snipe ya, just stay still long enough. i have an antiquated computer, with a shitty graphics card, and i can still kick ass, yes i get schooled, but ill still kill you more often than die.
greenhaven
+47|6480
I find the sniper kit to be too specialized. When the time is right, then I'll snipe. But it's never my first kit.
Drunk_Musketeer
+57|6753|Great Wall

greenhaven wrote:

I find the sniper kit to be too specialized. When the time is right, then I'll snipe. But it's never my first kit.
It's same with me... Which kit I choose depends on situation.. I don't think about myself as a sniper
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667

docnutz wrote:

killer21 wrote:

If you have a k/d ratio with a sniper rifle below 3, then you really shouldn't consider yourself a good sniper
I second that.

Just as long as you agree to not use a UAV. I dont need one either.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667
Pretty much about snipers and this whole thread.

I dont know about you guys but watching an unsuspecting full healthed soldier and dropping him like a wet rag from halfway across the map is just cool. Skillfull too, especially when there is bullet drop compensation envolved.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

.cat. wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

just goes to show you havent a clue. I used to sport a sniper kit when I flew helos/jets just to lay claymores around AF and Carrier on Wake. The only time I ever dawn a sniper kit these days if I feel like engage in bridge to bridge fighting on wake and not sit in some bush 10 miles away from the action.

I think its funny you calling me a noob when you have never even once faced me on the ground or air. If you want to try your skills with mine Ill be happy to give you a 1v1 lession. PM me if youre bold enough.
Or in other words you are a noob with both Sniper Kit and Rifle. Txs for the confirmation

Btw I dont have to have a 1vs1 with a noob like you to know that my skills as a Sniper outshine yours a thousandfold. I allready play with the best on a regular basis and you certainly are not one of them
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6642|Warlord

spikes14 wrote:

The thing I don't understand, is why you guys say that the sniper in your team doesn't cap flags. I don't think in real life you would see any snipers running around in close combat.
This is a game, real-world rules don't necessarily apply here. And some people play quite well as CQB sniper, not the traditional stand-off role.

Most snipers in this game don't cap flags or even help cap flags much, or at all. They may defend flags a bit with their clays but the majority of noobs sniping tend to be too focussed on their own little goal ...must kill, must kill... losing sight of the important BF2 fact: flags = life.

Maybe you've seen the complaints about the end of the game, all flags are capped and your sole remaining player is this sniper on some distant hillside or stuck like glue to his rooftop? That's the kind of thing that gets up people's noses: when they don't even try to cap a flag. Like this guy:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4325 … 000fc9.jpg

Read the warning message; now that's more along the lines of doing the admin thing properly!

spikes14 wrote:

I use the L96A1 and when I see an idiot that decides to randomly stop in the middle of nowhere he's mine. I play on Road To Jalalabad, and with the L96A1 I'm unstoppable.
You call 43% accuracy, a kill rate of 22 and a KDR of 0.8 unstoppable? LOL

killer21 wrote:

Tsk tsk, you should know better than that now. Depends on their style of play. No stat should be looked at in isolation.

dont_be_ss wrote:

All you have to do is watch over your buddys.
QFT

.cat. wrote:

The only time I ever dawn a sniper kit these days if I feel like engage in bridge to bridge fighting on wake and not sit in some bush 10 miles away from the action.
Oh is that what all snipers do? I mustn't have been paying attention in Combat-Sniper 101 that day when they told us that

Oh and the word you were looking for was don, not dawn.

.cat. wrote:

Ah ego, doncha just love it? BTW, seeing as how you're in the US and Jemme is in Europe you'd have to have two combats to even begin to settle this... sniping with 150+ ping is such fun.

No offense, sir, but you are a newbie when it comes to sniping... simple fact, unless you have another account you use? And you may also be a noob, if this account's kill rate for the rifle and accuracy are indicative.

.cat. wrote:

Sorry I dont remember a time ever a sniper going 17-0 and helping my team in anyway caping flags or defending flags.
Play more with decent snipers on SF, and pay attention to the scoreboard.

This is one of those classic examples: I've never seen it = it doesn't happen. When in fact it's more accurately put as, I've never noticed it. Most guys don't take time out of combat to check what the rest of the team is doing, and as a rule this is more true for good players who stay alive longer, just like you.

It's a darned shame that Statpadder.com is down but you can do the calculations for flag points by hand if you want, or use the popups on BF2Player to make it a little easier. Have a look at a few of the better guys here who snipe on city maps (at least three have posted in this thread) compare flag points to yours.

P.S. http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/ … Points.jpg

Not 17-0, I'm not that good at staying alive, but it's not like these team points are all from kill assists. And as you can tell from my rank in these there's loads more where that came from
Barrakuda777
+86|6751|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Im glad you posted, its hard to address .cat. without getting really annoyed and sounding like an arse myself

Kooda

P.S. Even with 150 ping i would fancy my chances tbh....
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Im glad you posted, its hard to address .cat. without getting really annoyed and sounding like an arse myself

Kooda

P.S. Even with 150 ping i would fancy my chances tbh....
Well feel free to fill in my spot, because I wasnt planning on wasting my little BF2 online time on some douche from across the pond in any case.

Btw nice Stats on that Sniper Account Kooda, allthough a bit too much IO/32 maps imo I prefer the Regular/64 maps myself.
Barrakuda777
+86|6751|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Jemme101 wrote:

Btw nice Stats on that Sniper Account Kooda, allthough a bit too much IO/32 maps imo I prefer the Regular/64 maps myself.
Thanks, and guilty as charged on the 32 man servers, its my thing what can I say .....

I find 64 player destroys my machine plus - im not a patient player so 64 sizes also grate, its why I got good at closer range sniping.

The SSS account is simply a way of seeing how far I can push in the KDR leaderboard so its very one dimensional

Kooda
Mogura
+17|6377|EUROPE

A-Unit64 wrote:

I Hate Snipers

STFU or i will snipe you in the mouth
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

Thanks, and guilty as charged on the 32 man servers, its my thing what can I say .....

I find 64 player destroys my machine plus - im not a patient player so 64 sizes also grate, its why I got good at closer range sniping.

The SSS account is simply a way of seeing how far I can push in the KDR leaderboard so its very one dimensional

Kooda
I was trying the same on my SWS account but I cannt stay away from other classes when my team needs a hand. I might try a new account for a final try though to see how far I can take the Sniper Rifle & Kit
Drunk_Musketeer
+57|6753|Great Wall
Jemme101.. nice 15 kd ratio with sniper rifles but in the way u play probably everyone easily can get it.. If I played like you I would probably have kd ratio with sniper rifles around 25-30.

Let's see our stats...

Sniper Rifles:
you -> 293:00:36    13,989      895      15.6302
me ->  298:22:31    15,645      2,399      6.5215

Pistols:
you -> 194:11:54    2,572      3,219      0.7990
me ->   59:04:20       933         880    1.0602

Knives:
you -> 198:25:01      487        1,802   0.2703
me ->   06:21:23      418          258   1.6202

OVERALL THOSE 3 WEAPONS:

you ->
TIME: 685 hours
KILLS: 17048
DEATHS: 5916
KD RATIO: 2.88

me ->
TIME: 363 hours
KILLS: 16966
DEATHS: 3937
KD RATIO: 4.30

Your stats ar poor man... You probably switch to other weapons (knife , pistol) than sniper rifles when ure about to die.. If I was you I wouldn't think about myself as a good sniper..

my 2 cents

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard