Fschwang
+10|6729|Isle of Man, next to England.
Hi all, first post, so be gentle if you would please. I was just wondering one or two things. Since there is a sort of neverending debate about the M203/GP-25/GP-30 being "N00b t00bs" What does everyone here think about shotguns? Specifically the DAO-12 and the Saiga 12K? As my stats probably show, I tend to use those two guns more than anything else and was interested to know whether the community as a whole thought of them as heroic CQB, face-to-face, mano a mano honourable weapons or if they were seen as Cowardly whack the button and hope to heck someone dies (Preferably not you).

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield someday.
dracul
+2|6824
Since you can use a shotgun at point blank without blowing your*self* up, I really don't mind it.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6761|Houston, TX
As long as it's a lead spitter, I say use it. 
I'm not, however, a fan of the noob tubers.  If you can run in past my DAO and still get me, more power to ya, you deserve the kill, but use a gun at that range. 
I doubt any soldier in the world has been trained to implement a ignore-my-gun-run/bunnyhop/dolfindive-to-you-then-use-my-GL-from-cqb-range strategy.  If you use a GL from appropriate range (30yds+) I'm okay with dying.  Hallway clearing, fine.  But point blank while you jump to avoid damage?!?!? Bah, can't wait for the patch...
Sorry to rant. On topic with your post, if the have they audacity to charge into CQB vs a shotgun, let em have it. They should've hit from range with anything other than a shotgun. (maybe even a GL)

KJ

PS welcome to the forums.  See you on the BF.
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6772|Ventura, CA
Shotty's rule. Use them often.
priznat
+0|6863
Love the shotguns. Nothing wrong with giving someone a faceful of buckshot when coming around the corner.

I'm a big fan of the M11-87, actually.. Seems to hit better at mid-range than the saiga or jackhammer. Although lately I have been discovering the joys of the MP7 for a different take on the engineer kit.. That is a fun little gun, I must say. Just whizzes the bullets out, so be careful
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6777
Pump-Action shotguns are veeery fun. You have to be accurate though and aim around the ehad area at medium ranges.
Fschwang
+10|6729|Isle of Man, next to England.
Well I'm certainly pleased to see that my weapon of choice is not considered a spammer's gun. Have to admit, I've recently unlocked the MP7, was trying it out but found that it wasn't really something I could use very effectively. Mainly because I'd charge into a group of 2 or 3, use an entire mag up killing one of them. Then putting undue faith in the pistol. Looking on the plus side I'm sure it was very amusing to watch a bloke with an Anti-Tank mine sticking out of his back try and pass himself off as a tree.

I really must give the M11 a go at some point. Thanks for your views and keep 'em coming chaps!
RDMC_old
+0|6752|Almere, Holland

Fschwang wrote:

Hi all, first post, so be gentle if you would please. I was just wondering one or two things. Since there is a sort of neverending debate about the M203/GP-25/GP-30 being "N00b t00bs" What does everyone here think about shotguns? Specifically the DAO-12 and the Saiga 12K? As my stats probably show, I tend to use those two guns more than anything else and was interested to know whether the community as a whole thought of them as heroic CQB, face-to-face, mano a mano honourable weapons or if they were seen as Cowardly whack the button and hope to heck someone dies (Preferably not you).

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield someday.
Man Shotguns rulezzz.. especially pump action shotgun, close up.. really sweeeeettt
priznat
+0|6863

Fschwang wrote:

Well I'm certainly pleased to see that my weapon of choice is not considered a spammer's gun. Have to admit, I've recently unlocked the MP7, was trying it out but found that it wasn't really something I could use very effectively. Mainly because I'd charge into a group of 2 or 3, use an entire mag up killing one of them. Then putting undue faith in the pistol. Looking on the plus side I'm sure it was very amusing to watch a bloke with an Anti-Tank mine sticking out of his back try and pass himself off as a tree.
Ya, because the MP7 only has 20 rounds, it isn't one to charge into a crowd with really.. However, I find at mid to long ranges (beyond shotgun range) it is quite good, especially in single shot while zoomed. It's great for panic firing into people when they suprise you around the corner too, because it fires so fast you can pretty much unload half the clip into them before they realize whats up. Firing it in short bursts at mid range is quite effective as well..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard