tizzy83
+0|6710
I know this is an old topic, but its probably the most frustrating thing in the game.  When you are really good at using the TV missle from a heli (I can shoot down jets if they are not at full speed) trying to get a decent pilot is almost impossible.  Most of the time I end up with some crazy mofo pretending he knows what he's doing.  Anyone else in here think there should be some sort of pilot kit which gives you minimum ammo and armor, but allows you to operate the air vehicles?  Maybe im just being picky

This post was put in the praise section simply because i think the tv missle is by far the best weapon in the game and would be even better if the pilots who had your life in their hands knew what they were doing. 
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
well i dont care i can still do my job as a gunner evenif their is a crappy pilot
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6743
Tphai, you know that's a lie.  If your heli pilot is going WAY up and then diving, your TV missle will be pointed straight at the ground.
Tarthkin
+-1|6762
its easy to ask your pilot to line up a few shots for u.  Most of the time if i get a bad pilot who is zooming all over the place, i politely ask him to slow down a bit, line up a few tanks for me and generaly when i succesfully blow them up, the pilot will make more of an effort to give me some shots.  Make sure that you join the pilots team so you can talk with him easier, either through VOIP or typing.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6751|Cohog, RI
I still cant figure out how to use the damn things.  I line up the shot but i can never get it to hit.  It always vears off course.  Can you steer those things?  Is the another view besides on the missile nose, can you fire it like the ground missile launcher (TOW) where the missile goes and your view stays back.
Johnthegreg
+1|6724

dobbs wrote:

I still cant figure out how to use the damn things.  I line up the shot but i can never get it to hit.  It always vears off course.  Can you steer those things?  Is the another view besides on the missile nose, can you fire it like the ground missile launcher (TOW) where the missile goes and your view stays back.
There is a great thread about how to be a good gunner along w/ how to use tv missiles in the Featured Forums.  It answers your question about aiming.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6751|Cohog, RI

Johnthegreg wrote:

dobbs wrote:

There is a great thread about how to be a good gunner along w/ how to use tv missiles in the Featured Forums.  It answers your question about aiming.
Thanks, should use SEARCH huh?
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6799|Long Beach, CA

*TS*tphai wrote:

well i dont care i can still do my job as a gunner evenif their is a crappy pilot
LOL ya right - how many kills do you get when your pilot is dodgeing those enemy trees and buildings.

If anyone wants a great pilot hit me up.  I just wish there was two of me so I could gun.  I get jealous of my gunners sometimes, especially when they rack up huge amounts of kills because I set up full blackhawks for vid cam shots and hover to cap a flag as he mows down coutless infantry trying to stop us.  Yes you heard me, I cap flags with the helo.  Its not necessarily a common practice to cap flags but a pilot with battlefield awareness should be capping flags, capture points along with gunner kills makes for a nice score.
Ptfo
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6738|Finland
Start flying alone and change to gunner on air to shoot TV missile and after you are destroyed targed switch back to pilot. Easy and there's no more noob pilots for you. Of course it's damn hard to get chopper alone but still.

*TS*tphai wrote:

Doing your job? Are you thinking that your chopper stats are good and you are doing good job. Not really.

Vehicle        Time          Kills    Deaths    Ratio
Helicopter    18:20:59    277     516        0.54
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6840|UK

*TS*tphai wrote:

Surely not with that K/D Ratio
tizzy83
+0|6710

dobbs wrote:

Yes you can aim it very easily just click where you want the missle to go. You don't have to click inside the box, just try it. You can click as many times as you want.  And once you get used to it, anything in vision (other than most jets) is a free kill.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6743|Reality
Yes but for the MEC chopper I will be clicking madly and the missile keeps going straight. Grrr
Doesn't seem to happen for the USMC or PLA chopper though.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
ok so im not that great at the game GOSH you guys are having a flame fest!! i dont really care what you assholes think
tizzy83
+0|6710
if you didnt care what we think then why waste the time bragging in a forum?
my tag in bf2 is tizzy83, would be happy to show you what its like to get owned by a tv missle any time
prettybird
+10|6724

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

*TS*tphai wrote:

LOL ya right - how many kills do you get when your pilot is dodgeing those enemy trees and buildings.

If anyone wants a great pilot hit me up.  I just wish there was two of me so I could gun.  I get jealous of my gunners sometimes, especially when they rack up huge amounts of kills because I set up full blackhawks for vid cam shots and hover to cap a flag as he mows down coutless infantry trying to stop us.  Yes you heard me, I cap flags with the helo.  Its not necessarily a common practice to cap flags but a pilot with battlefield awareness should be capping flags, capture points along with gunner kills makes for a nice score.
You must fly me sometime. We'll switch, i'll pilot one than you and so on n so forth. I want to chill sometime in a game with either a good pilot or gunner cause its rare for me to find either or.
Charmin
+1|6692
HEY MATE we need to hook up!!!! I always get hookoed up with crappy gunners who think using their gun at long range has any good use but to overheat it before we get closer to another gunship.
PLUS, while giving him the time and angle to use his tv missles.........they never do and just say lets go lets go.
PLUS, most of them dont report what they see and i cant see 360 around me.

BUT i have had some amazing gunners 2. This one guy owned a 100% with his tv missles it startled me. His use with the gun was amazing. He even picked me up twice since we made a good team. Lastnight dug a 63-21-21-2 on Operation clean sweep. Man this guy was stoked!!!
Opiate
+0|6725|Ontario, Canada
Charmin I think we may have played last night on Gulf of Oman. You were a pretty good pilot .. I was gunner/commander (low player count) .. did pretty well except my TV skills are a bit noobish.. I can't seem to guide them like some people.
Charmin
+1|6692
did we? could well be : )  thankx for the compliment, i did gun for this one guy last night who was such a "good skilled" pilot he almost made me puke, man i got dizzy!!!!

Who you calling noobish, you already clipped 10K , plus have all them badges and such thats a rad stats mate

NOTE last night i have an awesome gunner!!!!!!!!!!! Not only did we voice commd, always told me where the targets were, he even got us a chopper and picked me up from the carrier, we flew together for 3 rounds. Later more guys joined our squad and we flew all the choppers at dalian plant, covered eachtohers 6, went hunting side by side!!! It was so wickid!!! : D

Last edited by Charmin (2006-01-03 09:57:13)

prettybird
+10|6724
^^^do you have xfire charmin?
Opiate
+0|6725|Ontario, Canada
Yea I just mean I'm not consistant with TV missles.. I click and hold to guide but it never seems to turn much .. I usually only miss by a bit. I guess you have to compensate a lot for it .. I just need more pratice to get my prediction down. I'm going to have to use voice a little more I just need a good co-pilot to play with heh.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6749|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts

Opiate wrote:

Yea I just mean I'm not consistant with TV missles.. I click and hold to guide but it never seems to turn much .. I usually only miss by a bit. I guess you have to compensate a lot for it .. I just need more pratice to get my prediction down. I'm going to have to use voice a little more I just need a good co-pilot to play with heh.
Here's a hint that helps me a little bit.  I'm not a "great" TV missle guider but can hold my own against most.  I usually keep left clicking on the target to guide the missle after firing (instead of holding the left mouse button).  Most helpful to correct aim on a moving target.  Hope this helps, and happy gunning!
Opiate
+0|6725|Ontario, Canada
I'll try that. I assume it helps to aim just under/below the target .. It always seems to go over.
prettybird
+10|6724
yes. left click is your friend. be one with the left click when guiding. just dont over do it. u will miss if u overclick. i like to click, let it position abit, then click again. if u over click, the missile tends to swirl and you will most likely miss. what im trying to say is use your clicks wisely. goddamn it i said click so much now that its kinda starting to lose its meaning to me.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
im trying to train with a clan mate of me en the cobra choppers im a decent gunner and wanted to fly so now we are trying to get voiceless teamwork in the cobra chopper ..and we are still practising with the tv guided missiles
Opiate
+0|6725|Ontario, Canada
We really need a strategy forum. I love talking strat and tact with people. Thanks for the advice.. If I own you on the battlefield someday sorry sensei hehe

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard