[FIS]-Thor
+0|6743|Vienna- Austria
go to your own computer there should be a BF 2 folder .. where it saves also the screns... there u search for the global.con file... open that witha wordpad and in the line with prefix add

"§CO"  to type the S press Alt+2+1
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6743|Vienna- Austria
thx 4alter_3go and Tetrino,thinner44

finally somebody hows not dropped at birth

@ USJackhammer.. as i said then u seemingly have never played with one of orange name because U CAN TELL... just look at him.. his name will be blue when hes in your team red when hes enemy and green wehn hes dquad... the name is JUST ORANGE ON THE FRIGGIN NAME LIST and it still is seen on the side which he is on.. ... so HOW U CANNOT SEE WHICH TEAM HE IS???
TC><Injecter
+4|6828|Berlin, Germany
I dont understand where your Problem is! You only see the orange Color if someone kills someone, or says something either with the commo rose or with (team or squad or all) say. If you see him on the road, hes still displayed GREEN (squad), BLUE (mate) OR RED (enemy). So normally it doesnt matta if a player says something or blabla... If your ought to kill him he would still be red or blue ... SO HE SHOULDNT TEAMKILL AND YOU NOT TOO... SO?! Where s the prob? AND: The orange color is extremely useful if your commander... Because your team sees your orders (if you typed them in chat) faster cause its an eyecatcher... SO: COlor is cool And getting banned for that is just stupid

Have fun
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6743|Vienna- Austria
THX GOD... im not alone.  that exactely what wí was saying i got teamkilled all over saying they saw my name orange.. that impossible...
[FIS]DrDeath
+0|6714|England
I also have been kicked for having an orange name - it sucks!

I must say thanks to all the others who think this is stupid and I also agree with them, in game you see the names of the players as green, blue or red, NOT orange!  It only becomes orange when you kill someone in the messages or when you type a message or use the radio, plus on the name list.  For all those who think this is a hack and that we become better players for having a orange name, get a damn life!

You claim that Thor must be some kind of n00b as he has an orange name, then I must be one too!  If you know either of us, you will know that we are not n00bs, neither are any of the other players from our fleet who has these colours!  In my definition all those who bitch about someone having an orange name, i.e. fdcp_elmo, deject, Wisher1981, VIKING-LOVER1, and escpecially [iLL]h8+, US_JackHammer and minispud!

Why bitch and moan about colour changes, if it effects your gaming that much I recommend you all take your own advice, unistal the game and go buy SIMS!

Now please get a life and stop being bunny hopping, tank whoring noobs that you are acting like in this forum - CHILDREN!
Hyper
Banned
+154|6750
Orange isn't  too  bad but those big ass letters are VERY annoying
[FIS]DrDeath
+0|6714|England
I agree, big letters can be annoying as it does screw up the score lists - but this topic was never about the big letters, it's all about having a different colour for your name.  And thank you for agrreing that the colour isnt that much of an annoyance
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6740|United States
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/Bert10077/BigName1.jpg

Orange names are not for anyone, nor are big names.  Just leave your name as is and stop hacking.

I know how to change your name to funky things, but I don't think I'll release that information....
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia

SGT_Squirtle wrote:

EA should just check for the orange code change with PunkBuster and be done with it...
they did they took out the  ccc code. this new coding requires game files to be changed, which doesnt sit well with EA. it can the main reason for server crashes 80% of the time.
next patch i belive its getting fixed.
[FIS]DrDeath
+0|6714|England
WTF are you talking about 'hacking', idiot!
Sud
+0|6747
Modifying a text file is not "hacking".

I remember in the demo EA tried to call changing a bunch of 0s tp 1s in a .ini or whatever setup.dat type of file they use on a server to access the unlocked guns a "hack".

Maybe an exploit if the ability to change things like that is unintended, but what kind of newbie game company allows text file exploits to reach the final product? If EA doesn't like it, why doesn't EA, oh my gosh, FIX IT?
[FIS]DrDeath
+0|6714|England
LOL, well put
[iLL]h8+
+26|6715|Florida
Blah, Blah, Blah that is all I hear.  You are defending this Orange name thing but its gay.  Well, maybe the Orange name isnt as bad as the huge letters.  First you guys took me way to serious.  Burn the Orange people is a JOKE.  Secondly, I like the color (colour for you out of towners) A LOT.  Thirdly, if you change ANYTHING that was not specifically made available to change in the OPTIONS or on the log in screen you are exploiting, hacking (although thats a strong term for this), modding, alter, whatever you want to call it. 

Oh, and bunny hopping and the dolphin thing is extremely gay.  Well, bunny hop if a tank is shooting you, but the dolphin thing I just dont understand.

I am just saying the Orange lettering is sometimes destracting and if its orange and enlarged its just noob.  And noob in the sense, its child like.  Its like look at me, my name is flaming orange and I killed someone. 

You midgets can Flame me all you want but bottom line its annoying and was not made for the game or it would have been a normal option.

And for the h8er that called me a tank whore, the truth is I dont use the tank any more than any one else, the only difference is once I get in the tank I know how to use it.  I played Desert Combat A LOT so the tanks are the same and I have used them a long time.

If you guys ever want to come play on the server Im playing on feel free to look for my name on gamemoniter.com and come get an ass whoopin'.  That will be using any class and with or without vehicles.

Orange Rocks!!! Exploiting games for any reason under any circumstances = GAY NOOBS
[iLL]h8+
+26|6715|Florida
Just one more note for my Aussie's [FIS], if you ever want to come play [iLL] you are more than welcome. 

Lastly, you posted something about the orange name and were you not expecting responses or opinions?  I stated mine and you disagree.  Thats what makes the forums fun.  Dont take it to personal.

Im in Fl USA so if you want to match we will have to find a nuetral server and that splits the time zones fairly for each of us.
Sud
+0|6747
As I said in the other thread about this, namefun has been FPS gaming for years. You must be new to the scene if you're complaining about it. Hell back in the day I wrote software for it: http://www.planetquake.com/gnb
kn0ckahh
+98|6738|netherlands, sweet lake city
well i had a war with T2K wich we won .... its like a week/ 2 weeks ago and they still didnt except the match :S the clan is also trying to say we broke rules of clanbase ... like we started a minute to late... and if we said like stfu( in clean words ) and just play... they give a dirty mouth :S i just dont like them
[iLL]h8+
+26|6715|Florida
Whatever, its dropped.  I was just saying I personally think its noob, no big deal.
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6744|I'm worldwide, beotch
Doesn't a server admin reserve the right to kick whoever the fuck he wants to? It's not like he's kicking you 'cause you're killin him or making his team lose - he just doesn't like the harmless exploit you're using. Ever heard of being arrested for P.O.P.? Pissed Off Police - don't piss off the authorities; apply the same principle to pissing off the admins. After all, they have the power... you want the power to do an orange name whenever you please? Pay $100 a month for your own rig.

I'm not saying whether I think orange is gay or not, but when you step into his house, you play by his rules  -whether you agree with them or not. If someone threatens to kick me for shit like this, the response is simple: "Oh no! Where am I going to play now?! Damn, I'll just have to go to one of the thousands of other servers..."

Keep your name the way it is and find a server that puts up with your shenanigans. Main-fuckin-tain.

Last edited by Aegis (2005-12-14 11:13:55)

[FIS]-Thor
+0|6743|Vienna- Austria
if he would say no orange name on this server it would be ok for me.. i dropped the name anyways.

for the [ILL] guy AUSTRIA IS NOT AUSTRALIA , were not aussies.

Arnold schwarzenegger is from Austria, Crocodile Dundee from Australia.. were in the Alps they have desert.. just FYI.
and well i played DC also and was using the silenced carbine a lot there.. so?

namefun has always been there.. its just funny.  well

and i accept ur opinion. but i dont accept u calling be a friggin hacker , gay idiot or anythign harrasing else.. im not complaing about ur opinion im complaining aboiut the way u talk to the people
[FIS]DrDeath
+0|6714|England
I'm with Thor.  It wasn't your opinion on the colour that annoyed me it was your 'i'm so good and pretty' attitude!

I don't personally like being called a n00b, that MAKES it personal you degenerate!

@ Aegis: Its not that we disagree so much with the server rules, it's the stupid reasons for being kicked that they use, like excessive teamkilling!  I mean WTF.  If your gonna ban it and kick players for having a bit of a laugh then say so in the server rules, or at least have the bollox to tell the player why your kicking him or try a warning and ask them to not do it again as it is not wanted on their server.

Being a bit polite is not too much to ask instead of being a bunch of arrogant twats!
psychotoxic187
+11|6709
When it says you got kicked for excessive teamkilling, that's just a generic message it says when you manually kick someone from your server. My clan and I run 2 Multiplay servers, and you can type what your kicking for in the console, but  when you kick them it gives the generic message. Also, EA does consider this a form of hacking, and it does mess with the server at times.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6743|Vienna- Austria
still no reason to shout at us.. we dont use it anymore.. but to call us nOObs because of that or idiots or midgets or anything harrassing else is not proper use  i think.
Sud
+0|6747
Can anyone confirm whether or not EA put out word that admins of ranked servers are to kick the orange/large names on sight? Supposedly in the light that EA considers it an exploit (as weak as the term for it is)
[iLL]h8+
+26|6715|Florida
Like I said before DO NOT take it so seriously.  Sorry for the Austria/Australia thing.  I work while I check these forums and did not notice the ending.  Austria is beautiful.  I use to live in Germany and we would go down there and party.  Anyways, Midgets and the Noob terms are just terms which could be substituted for many other nouns.  I am not actually calling you gay.  I just really really really dislike people who exploit any game for whatever the reason.  I was not trying to be a snob or a twat if you were calling me that.  Names do not bother me because either way its just a name or a noun.  I guess sometimes it could be an adjective being used properly.

That is all besides the point.  I was talking to ALL of the Exploiters or hackers (although I was not calling you hackers, that is a compliment in my book) but I feel exploiting is GAY and Noobish.  I was not making statements about your game play or game skill.

Oh, I just realized something also.  Do they combine APC, LAV, Tank all in the Armour category?  Cause then I guess you could call me an APC Whore.  Because I really dont use the Tank any more than anyone else.

You guys are good people in my book, not for the Orange exploiting because I still thank that is a gay or noob thing to do, but for sticking up for  yourselves and defending your point.

I am still up for the challenge if you guys would like to come play us.  It is actually better you guys are in Europe, so ping wont be as huge of a deal and time difference.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

And remember, if I call you a noob its like calling you a jerk or dude or something.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
lol im a member of the t2k clan the are not as bad as you think

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard