Tarasque
+0|6689|Norway
Just a word of caution to those considering buying the x-fi. And i espesially got BF2 gamers inmind, dont! It's a awesome card, but on most systems it wont run with bf2 uless you can cope with serious fps drops. Ironic since the bf2 is one of two games thats buildt to take advantage of the new x-fi prosessor and features.

Untill they fix it, dont buy it. Unless you want to spend days in costomer support with EA as i've did with no inprovement. Some however have no problems at all, but no one really knows why some are affected and others not. So again, untill then dont even think about it!

Just a friendly warning
MarkPuppets
+16|6664|from my PC
I have problem with my Audigy 2 ZS.....duh!!! My old Live 5.1 worked perfect but this one just makes me angry. I use my on-board sound card for BF2 as Audigy 2 ZS has issues. Thanks for the warning on X-fi by the way
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6701|Rochester, NY
One Advice: Don't Buy Creative Products Ever Of Any Kind! Or At Least For Now...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
everyone else iv heard from says you will gain fps from not using the onboard sound?

iv got audigy 2 zs and it works perfect. i havnt bothered seeing my fps since i got it.
ZombieDog[p7]
+0|6678
Just curious which x-fi you got?  I got one, because I was having sound issues causing the game to pause for up to 8 seconds (Was using the realtek onboard sound), and now everything runs great.  Granted at the same time, I upgraded RAM to 2GB.  Is the FPS issue similar to the one I described?  Seemed like some sounds weren't loaded or were paged out to HD, because when I did things like hopped in armor the first time, things would get choppy when the turret sound first triggered.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6718|The United Center
i just ordered one.

ive heard that sometimes it conflicts with the bios.  make sure you have the latest bios updates.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

I got an xfi and it works GREAT. In fact, it DID increase my FPS. Also, the creative drivers for the XFI card are quite nice now. I've had zero problems with it so far.

Just making sure this thread isn't a total beatdown on the XFi, I'm a fan.
boris9000
+0|6660
I had a similar problem as someone mentioned with the pausing of the game with a X-fi installed, but I upgraded to 2gb of ram from 1gb and now the game runs really well. This seems strange as the X-fi is meant to relieve the system of the load caused by the games sound but doesn't do it well without taking loads of memory. One thing I did notice is that the game on the high and ultra sound settings takes over a 1.2gb when you check in windows task manager so 2gbs is a must.
Tarasque
+0|6689|Norway
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs … amp;page=1

Say it all 100 pages of complaints, and im not even mentioning the problem with the nforce 4 series.

It's like rolling dice, some work others dont. EA's got no clue and nore do we. I have tried everything, EVERY damn lill thing to make it work. But no luck yet, if i could get my 350$ back i would do it in a heart beat.

It's allways great if somthing works as intended for, but as it stands only a few got the better part of the deal. So again if you play primarely BF2  think twice before you buy the x-fi, atleast read the link above. Bashing, nah deserves a slashing.

As it stands now i got a great sound card to listen to my mp3's and it does sound good, but not worth 350$
Tarasque
+0|6689|Norway

boris9000 wrote:

One thing I did notice is that the game on the high and ultra sound settings takes over a 1.2gb when you check in windows task manager so 2gbs is a must.
This is the cockupp, running on ultra it's what the high end card's suposed to do. Onboard ram has nothing to do with it.
iLLmatic
+0|6721|uk

chuyskywalker wrote:

I got an xfi and it works GREAT. In fact, it DID increase my FPS. Also, the creative drivers for the XFI card are quite nice now. I've had zero problems with it so far.

agreed... mine works amazingly well.
Tarasque
+0|6689|Norway

iLLmatic wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

agreed... mine works amazingly well.
Its an awesome card for sure, but only when it works. When it works it will increase your fps, not as mutch as advertised to

They will hopefully fix it soon as the forums and support over at CE is on fire.

Sidenote: iLL and chuy are you running asus mobo's?
iLLmatic
+0|6721|uk
yes bro, asus a8n-sli premium for me.. wouldnt change it for the world.
Pacman_80
+0|6695
I've got an X-Fi and it's working great for me now though I did experience a few problems with it when it would only run BF2 in medium software mode and was slowing everything down.

Finally figured the problem was with the mode. The x-fi has got 3 different modes, entertainment, audio creation and gaming. Make sure you've set it to gaming mode when launching bf2 and it runs sweet
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6792
Interesting - I installed the X-Fi with no problems and an increase in FPS (very minimal but sound is much better for sure).
4lter_3go
+1|6717|Leighton Barracks, Germany

Pacman_80 wrote:

I've got an X-Fi and it's working great for me now though I did experience a few problems with it when it would only run BF2 in medium software mode and was slowing everything down.

Finally figured the problem was with the mode. The x-fi has got 3 different modes, entertainment, audio creation and gaming. Make sure you've set it to gaming mode when launching bf2 and it runs sweet
there's also a setting in the audio options that says "X-FI", you didnt mention it in your post so i just thought that you might have overlooked it .

software
hardware
X-FI
man_unit
+0|6663
I have an X-fi and it works great.
Tarasque
+0|6689|Norway
Works extreamly well in SP mode, but again fighting AI's is only so mutch fun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard