cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6699|NJ
When I was younger Star Wars was the greatest triliogy ever, I would watch it on T.V. when ever it would come on and would watch it over and over again. Now that the New releases of it came out and he changed parts of the story line and made greedo shot first, I don't have that same feeling for it anymore. It's made me feel quite the opposite also the "New" three that came out where all total disappointments and made it as good of a story as XXX State of the Union.. So I was just wondering who else had the same feelings for a great story that has been lost?
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6648|Ohio
they put chewbacca in the third one.
motherdear
+25|6654|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
the good old star wars feeling have been lost since the new episodes.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6425|San Antonio, TX
Jar-Jar... horrible character!  Other than that, the new three were too long and a little slow in parts.  But I'm glad the story is FINALLY complete.

Also couldn't stand the frankensteinish "NOOOOOOO" from Vader @ the end of Ep III.  Just seemed very cheesy.

As I grew older and watched, Luke kinda gets on my nerves.  He's a huge whiner!  And he really doesn't do THAT much.  I mean really, Vader killed the Emporer because Luke was too weak.  All he did was hang there and cry to daddy.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6563|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
yeah the newer star wars movie were pretty weak i agree... what ruined it for me was that kid that played anakin (Hayden Christensen)... wow his acting is so below par its painfull to watch.. that and the fact that he cry's about everything... how evil can you really be if you spend your time crying because of mixed emotions.. pathetic
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

motherdear wrote:

the good old star wars feeling have been lost since the new episodes.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
commissargizz
+123|6466| Heaven
Anything Lucas did after 1985. The guy has lost it. Rumor has it he is writing Indiana Jones 4, I hope it's not going to be pants.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6636|Sin City

The acting in the new episodes was crap-tastic. Epispde 1 has got to be the worst of all, between Jar-Jar and that kid that played Anakin.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6634|Finland

What ruined it.. ..let's see now..

1. The remakes of IV-VI
2. Episodes I-III and George "Fat" Lucas's "new" directing style aimed at 4-8yo kids
3. George Lucas
4. Jar Jar + all digital characters in I-III + remakes of IV-VI
5. Mark Hamill
6. Ewoks
I need around tree fiddy.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6448|Queens, NYC
Queen Amidala didn't show enough skin as compared to Princess Leia. =x
Frotz
+15|6533|Sweden
I still like Star Wars, but after seeing episode 2 and 3, I cant stop wondering why Anakin didn't go /wrists. "Emo" Christensen acting made even Jar Jar eligible for an oscar. I also agree that the feeling of episode 4-6 is gone, and seems to be aimed more at kids nowadays, damn harry potter and his influence

Also, Peter Jackson should refilm every film, then we'd have some star wars, at least episode 1-3

Last edited by Frotz (2007-01-09 12:29:59)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6584|SE London

Pretending the new episodes don't exist (as I like to do), my main qualm is with the digitally enhanced crap. The worst of the worst being Jabba in New Hope.

The single thing that made me the most angry was the fact that at the end of Jedi in the DVD edition they've got bloody gay new Anakin instead of good old fat balding Anakin!!!! I totally was not expecting that and it forces the new episodes influence into the original films and it makes me ANGRY!!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6391|New York
i haven't seen the remakes, and i don't think i want to.

and the worst character ever was jar jar. stupid fucking annoying alien. he shoulda been accidentally stabbed with a lightsaber as soon as he was introduced.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6665|USA
Modern Technology.

Star Wars origional trilogy was great for its time because no one had ever seen anything like it. Lightsabers, a hover car moving across the sand, the dog fights in space.

All modern CG and new movie techniques> Star Wars

Star Wars Storyline> than a lot of modern movies.

George Lucas=Money Grubbing Sweat Hog
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6471
The fact that the new ones suck and someone put out of place CGI into the old ones. If you can get your hands on an origenal episode IV, V, or VI it would be a good movie.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6748|Houston, TX
Having such high expectations for the new starwars, and being delivered a heaping pile of dung.  Whenever I watch the new ones with my nephew, we chapter forward to the flight/fight scenes.

KJ
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6564|Southampton, UK

Kung Jew wrote:

Having such high expectations for the new starwars, and being delivered a heaping pile of dung.  Whenever I watch the new ones with my nephew, we chapter forward to the flight/fight scenes.

KJ
Qfe.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6661|South West England
The MMO Star Wars Galaxies ruined SW for me tbh but i'm still a die hard fan
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6636|USA
I grew a taste for good script writing. And Sam Jackson Died.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6766

When I first watched ep.3, I thought it was pretty shitty. I watched it again last night and it seemed a bit better... actually only the last part with Anakin/Obi-Wan at Mustafar, it just seemed a little emotional. It pulled that reaction from most people who re-watched it.

And I still said 'OMG CORELLIAN FREIGHTER' in episode III.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6783|Great Brown North
all the remakes of the originals... but i still enjoy star wars and watch them all now and then
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6813|NÃ¥rvei

Good thing nobody is forcing you to watch them shitty movies

And how can a socalled die hard fan not know the original unedited versions of the first three movies is still around on VHS so you really can get the freakin blurry stinkin feeling back as you had in 85 !

I bet some of you even still buy LP`s just to get the old vinyl sound, moroons !!!!!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6783|Great Brown North

Varegg wrote:

Good thing nobody is forcing you to watch them shitty movies

And how can a socalled die hard fan not know the original unedited versions of the first three movies is still around on VHS so you really can get the freakin blurry stinkin feeling back as you had in 85 !

I bet some of you even still buy LP`s just to get the old vinyl sound, moroons !!!!!
lol moroons.... classic typo of the week?   my grandmother still listens to her ancient records   it makes me sad because they sound so fucking bad after all this time.

oh and i have the originals on vhs :S my sister gave them to me when she moved out
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6674
Greedo did shirt first.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6441
Personally, I saw the first ones as a kid.  I was much older by the time the new ones came out.  I bet if I were a kid still, I'd like the new ones.  Nothing can compare to the childhood exuberance, and pure watching without expectation or assumption.  I think the first trilogy hit the world at the right time.  Everyone seems a little more serious these days, making it hard to pull sometimes cheesy graphic effects off, and characters like Jar Jar.  Jar Jar would have been a megastar in the 80's.  He would have gotten his own sat morning cartoon.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-01-10 01:43:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard