Poll

Is Racism Still An Issue In America?

Yes86%86% - 65
No13%13% - 10
Total: 75
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
I recently watched a few documentaries on CNN and have to say I was surprised at the amount of racism that was founded. People would say things that would seal them as a racist then come back with "but Im not racist".

It even went as far as job applicants names. John and Robert are hired before Darius and Shiniqua even though they have the same qualifications.

So, would you say racism is still apparent in American society?
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6377|USA, MICHIGAN
sad but true, it still exisists
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6619|Washington, DC

That's cause Shiniqua is a silly name. I feel silly saying it in my head.

I don't think it's anything like it was 50 years ago, but it's still a bit present.
SoC./Omega
+122|6529|Omaha, Nebraska!
Only for SOME famous people, most of the Americans I know aren't racist at all.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6815|Lithuania

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

So, would you say racism is still apparent in American society?
Yes it is, and in my opinion it always will be. However, the magnitude of racism differs with each community. nevertheless, it's present everywhere.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Homie22
+34|6600|Orange County, California
anyone who votes no needs to go die
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA

Homie22 wrote:

anyone who votes no needs to go die
It would be nice for them to make a statement to spark debate. Its a touchy subject not for the weak of heart though.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6481|Connecticut
um, yeah it is.............and ALL races are guilty.
Malloy must go
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

deeznutz1245 wrote:

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6634

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

except Native Americans its their land
HotLeadFred
+3|6314
Nah. not an issue. Unless you count the whites who think the blacks want something for free. Or the blacks who think the whites are "holding them down". Or Mexican and think you have a right to work in America but the white man holds you down also. Or maybe pulling the guy out of the airport line with the turban is racist. Or maybe wanting your son to marry a girl and not a guy is racists towards gays.

As that Aussie said, HARDEN THE FUCK UP!.
UGADawgs
+13|6310|South Carolina, US
In the legal realm we've certainly come a long way since the days of segregation, but of course racism is still a major social problem. I don't want to sound harsh or anything, and maybe this is due to my location, but if you're surprised by racism then you're a little naive.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6434|The Land of Scott Walker

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6316|Brussels, Belgium
Sure, as every other country in the world.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6566|Florida

Hurricane wrote:

That's cause Shiniqua is a silly name. I feel silly saying it in my head.

I don't think it's anything like it was 50 years ago, but it's still a bit present.
same here
ReDevilJR
+106|6340
I feel as though our country (USA - A country that starts with the letter U) puts too much pressure to hire people of the minority race because they're the minority... (Don't mean to get racial, but just listen to the example, this can go by sex too.)

Let's say there are: 10 highly qualified white males; and there are 10 not so qualified black males. Now a large corporation must hire a certain number of each race, because it's what seems "fair." So in other words, even if the people of the other race aren't good, they're bound to get hired because they're that race, i find that to be reverse racism in a way. It forces corporations to hire less qualified workers because they are of that race. Doesn't that sound like normal racism? Just in favor of the inferior race.

It goes with (P)SAT scores too, "mark this box if you're African American." Why? if we're "equal" then why do African American's get extra points on their (P)SAT scores?
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6643|Teesside, UK

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

It even went as far as job applicants names. John and Robert are hired before Darius and Shiniqua even though they have the same qualifications.
Yeah a friend of mine is better educated, more experienced then a large majority of the town where i live and speaks perfect English due to him living here all his life but despite that has an impossible time getting an interview cause he has an Indian name.  I think it there's often a knee jerk reaction when people see a foreign name.

ReDevilJR wrote:

even if the people of the other race aren't good, they're bound to get hired because they're that race, i find that to be reverse racism in a way.
Yeah I've never understood that.  I always felt that was discriminating against qualified people who aren't in a minority group.
ReDevilJR
+106|6340

crimson_grunt wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Yeah a friend of mine is better educated, more experienced then a large majority of the town where i live and speaks perfect English due to him living here all his life but despite that has an impossible time getting an interview cause he has an Indian name.  I think it there's often a knee jerk reaction when people see a foreign name.

ReDevilJR wrote:

even if the people of the other race aren't good, they're bound to get hired because they're that race, i find that to be reverse racism in a way.
Yeah I've never understood that.  I always felt that was discriminating against qualified people who aren't in a minority group.
It's retarded, isn't it? It's making people who suck at working in their jobs, and the better workers out of work... if i become into politics when i'm older, i'm going to fix that.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
Isn't racism enshrined in the constitution?

j/k

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-09 16:42:29)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

Our Constitution is an ever changing document, but you knew that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jello.01
+46|6597|DFW, Texas

ReDevilJR wrote:

It goes with (P)SAT scores too, "mark this box if you're African American." Why? if we're "equal" then why do African American's get extra points on their (P)SAT scores?
No fucking way! Are you serious?!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

https://i16.tinypic.com/2hfq3c0.jpg

https://i14.tinypic.com/2rhy70p.jpg

https://www.nationwidespeakers.com/images/biopics/GeorgeLopez_585.jpg  https://www.tickco.com/images/Shows/carlos-mencia.jpg  https://www.adjab.com/media/2006/01/2005_dave_chappelle.jpg https://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00178/Chris_Rock_178772m.jpg

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-09 17:02:37)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ReDevilJR
+106|6340

Jello.01 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

yes.
Home
Section.80
+447|6836|Seattle, Washington, USA

Of course there is still racism, some from every race. ^ Oh yeah, that too. I always hate having to answer that on the tests. Whenever the option is given, (which has only been once on a stupid poll) I checked "Don't want to give it". They shouldn't be judging education on race.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2007-01-09 17:38:57)

Jello.01
+46|6597|DFW, Texas

ReDevilJR wrote:

Jello.01 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

yes.
Do you know how many points they give? So much bull... Do they take points off if someone answered Asian? So much for being equal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard