Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6400|dm_maidenhead
Mainly for gaming.

Thinking of getting one of these

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.as … KEY=141259

Pros: Sony Monitor, better motherboard, better audio more speakers.

http://www.vantagecomputers.co.uk/vanta … dcfd414847

Pros: Larger Hard drive, 512MB Graphics card.

So what do you guys think? You can also recommend other PC's (full systems please) at £1k

Thanks.
Peter
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
Everybody will tell you to build your own.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6720|Oregon

loonitic wrote:

Everybody will tell you to build your own.
so true.
Daysniper
+42|6632
Jesus Christ! Go with the second one that's amazing!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
build your own.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6573
Build your own.

1. Its usually cheaper.
2. You get the parts you want.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6660|under there hayousaidunderwear
Guys, he asked for assembled pcs so I assume he doesn't wanna build his own.

I would go for the first one.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
I would go for the second one if you dont wish to DIY.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla

Vilham wrote:

I would go for the second one if you dont wish to DIY.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

The one from Mesh looks better. Mesh are also a pretty good bet for pre-assembled systems.

In fact it looks very nice.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6400|dm_maidenhead
aaaaah!!

So confusing, some saying first one some second. Which one to choose?

And I don't want to build one.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

Both of them are good. The first one has a better monitor I would say. However the second one got a faster RAM and larger capacity HD. The graphics card in the 2nd one has more memory!

OPS u already know abut that. Well anyway, I would go with the second one

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-01-09 14:37:14)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

petermassingale wrote:

aaaaah!!

So confusing, some saying first one some second. Which one to choose?

And I don't want to build one.
The MB GPU combo on the second one makes no sense. Why run an Nvidia GPU on a Xfire MB?

The RAM is crap on both of them so I don't really consider it an issue.

The 650i chipset will serve you very well for overclocking, as well as having linkboost (which will make your Nvidia GPU run faster) and SLI.

The trimmings with the Mesh system, the way it's setup and the fact they are very good and highly respected system builder would make that my choice.

Really you'd be better off with a slightly lower end CPU and better GPU and memory, it's a shame you can't configure the Mesh system to have a lower end CPU and then slap an 8800GTS in or get a bigger monitor.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-09 15:11:11)

younggun
+28|6641
The 1st one.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6660|under there hayousaidunderwear
Yeahp first one is better. It's got a nice sound system as well.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6578
I know you don't want to build your own, but it's so goddamn easy.  Some of the specs on both are misleading, a 7950 is a kickass card, but I never knew they had a 256mb version of it.  After looking through newegg, I guess they're ok, but hell, for 60 bucks more (US) you could get a 512 version that kicks so much more ass. 

Having lived in the UK, I know computers are a pain in the ass, but I know overclockers or somebody has a site with decent parts.  Seriously, I had never even opened the side door to a machine before 2 years ago when I built this rig, now I've built 3 for friends and even with a couple minor hitches, all of them run so much smoother than a prebuilt one.  (oh and on average 6-700 US dollars cheaper than a dell or some other trash.)

Basically, there's only one way to plug in each component, it's so easy and you learn along the way.  But if you're dead set on a machine, both of those look similar but the first one has a nicer setup.  Like the poster above said, you'd be better off with a lower CPU and higher end vid card and RAM (they don't even say what kind, which worries me.)

At 1000 pounds, (which is what, 1800 US?)  you could build a smokin ass machine with the same if not better parts for cheaper.  Seriously, consider it.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6696|U.S
I think that is a rip off $2000 is the same as euros pretty much and my computer was 1000 and plays all games perfect with only 1 gig and an ati 700pro card it will play. its an hp media center this is exactly what i got except the card but I'm sure it runs exactly the same. and i also dont have the core2 duo never mind but it has 3 gigs of ram only because i wanted to load faster than 1gb. its an Hp 7160 n beats alot of comps i would like to have a good laptop though the voodoo pc is sick.

Last edited by travisb05 (2007-01-09 15:22:22)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

At 1000 pounds, (which is what, 1800 US?)  you could build a smokin ass machine with the same if not better parts for cheaper.  Seriously, consider it.
Actually I very much doubt you could.

£1000 = $1940

travisb05 wrote:

I think that is a rip off $2000 is the same as euros pretty much and my computer was 1000
$2000 is not the same as Euros. $2000 = 1500 Euros. (what do Euros have to do with anything?)

You guys don't seem to understand how exchange rates work. The pound is strong, so to everyone outside the UK it seems expensive. It's not. It's only expensive to foreigners with their crappy weak currencies.

It's a good deal. You couldn't build that system for that price, not including Windows.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-09 15:33:17)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6539|Winterpeg, Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

£1000 = $1940

travisb05 wrote:

I think that is a rip off $2000 is the same as euros pretty much and my computer was 1000
$2000 is not the same as Euros. $2000 = 1500 Euros. (what do Euros have to do with anything?)

You guys don't seem to understand how exchange rates work. The pound is strong, so to everyone outside the UK it seems expensive. It's not. It's only expensive to foreigners with their crappy weak currencies.

It's a good deal. You couldn't build that system for that price, not including Windows.
I actually Built a very similiar rig, just different mobo and much better ram. Cost me $1900 cdn. But I also got my 7950gt 512mb over $100 off.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6568|United States
Buy the parts YOU want then take it to a tech shop and have them build it for you. This way you're not dealing with misleading advertisements, you're going to get a badass system, you're going to save a whole lot of money, and you'll have the manufacturers warranties on all the parts you buy... you won't be stuck with that pre-builts 1 year warranty on all parts. How lame is that? You'll be able to use all the extra money you save to buy some fancy add-ons, like a good headset, and a better mouse/mouse pad.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

Second one,

Martyn
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Jbrar wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

£1000 = $1940

travisb05 wrote:

I actually Built a very similiar rig, just different mobo and much better ram. Cost me $1900 cdn. But I also got my 7950gt 512mb over $100 off.
I meant in the UK.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

BeerzGod wrote:

Buy the parts YOU want then take it to a tech shop and have them build it for you. This way you're not dealing with misleading advertisements, you're going to get a badass system, you're going to save a whole lot of money, and you'll have the manufacturers warranties on all the parts you buy... you won't be stuck with that pre-builts 1 year warranty on all parts. How lame is that? You'll be able to use all the extra money you save to buy some fancy add-ons, like a good headset, and a better mouse/mouse pad.
You find those components for cheaper in the UK. I'd be amazed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard