Ryan
+1,230|6866|Alberta, Canada

i installed the game, singleplayer works, but im gunna try multiplayer today.

just one thing. i have everything on Low and Off, like usual, but its still full of lag! Will it be this bad on multiplayer?

also, can i insert the regular BF2 disk instead of the new BF2:SF disk and still play the SF maps? Maybe that will make it less laggy.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6778|The Netherlands
same problem i guess you had trouble on night maps. they tkae ages to load and also have lag during playing (even with a nice low and steady ping) i keep having trouble. so no night maps for me.
kinda sad though because that was what attracted me most

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2005-12-27 10:10:05)

Ryan

well thats really weird, cuz when i played singleplayer on Night Flight, there wasnt as much lag when i played singleplayer Warlord.

again, can i insert the regular BF2 disk instead of the new BF2:SF disk and still play the SF maps?
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6772|Netherlands
got the same problem with the lag

and dunno if you can play it with the normal bf2 disk maybe you can try it ????????/
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6760
I think its the servers it running on. the load seems to be to much for some of them. I just installed yesterday and it was laggy then i found a amd 64 server and it was playing fine on night maps.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6764|In your head
I play the night maps and hardly have any lag at all. And my computer barely meets the reqs.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6843
I have massive lag problems since the new patch/SF expansion. Before the patch, my game ran smooth as silk, now its just about unplayable. I have a 8Mbps connection speed, 1 Gig of 400 mhz ram, 3.4 ghz processor, and a 256 MB x850 pro video card.
The lag is especially bad on 64 player SF maps, but can be bad on just about any map. Maps usually take me 4-5 minutes to load, which is insane. It's crippling to the degree that I can only play commander, cause it is impossible for me to line a shot up. I have a gig of Ram, and I'm hoping jumping up to 2 gigs will fix my problems.
Ryan

this is really weird then. i dunno, im gunna try it again today.
Ballistix5
+36|6798|Forster NSW
CPU Lagg might be ur problem, I couldnt play a single map
I was on a a server with a ping of 10! , 10! I say  and it was like a picture show for me.

BUT Then I set everything to medium and turned all the lighting and effects low or off then setup the game on single player and got a good framerate and there was no problems at all on maps.
Then I got a new CPU which helped a great deal but u dont need that.

Bf2 is a more demanding game too i think, not because it looks any better or works any better but because (Dont quote me im not sure) The expansion was made by France or somthing and the Original and the patches are made by Canada or somthing stupid like that.

But turn everything off or low and play it even if ya gotta put ur resolution 800 X 600!

And im using a X700 Radeon and thats like the minimum i think

WOO Short novel in that.
HOPE THAT HELPS
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6781|Brixham, UK
I ran BF2 maxed out comepletly, no problems. SF comes along, goes through the loading music four times before I can play, then lagged about like hell. Turned graphics down a notch, games loads six times faster, and no lag at all. Weird, I see no reason why the day maps should give me those problems.
Dizazter
+0|6843
I just upgraded from 1 gig of ram to 2 gigs, and it seems to have made a difference, but not an amazing difference. I tested my system on a map that normally wouldnt be playable for me: 62 players on Ghost Town. It was a little choppy, but at least playable. I got 3 kills before I died (albiet with the lame nade launcher), but its something. Although I did notice the lag does get real bad when I zoom in.

I might try turning down or off some of my graphic settings, but I've tried that in the past and it didnt make a lick of difference. But I did get an aftermarket cooler for my ATI x850 pro radeon, and I'll probably upgrade it to 16 pipelines if it will handle the heat.
Dizazter
+0|6843
Turns out, aparently as a coincidence, my processor fan has been failing. For some reason I never thought to check it. But I put a cooling tower on it, and now I'm running smooth.
Rumfuddle
+14|6741
The SF lag doesn't seem to be necessarily related to the horsepower of your machine.  My AMD 64 3400 and nvidia 6800 is reduced to junk even at medium settings on SF on some days, and on other days no problems.  I just don't get it.  I've also noticed it doesn't seem to necesarily be related to the server ping either.  I've played on servers with pings in the low 100s and my ping is 40 and there's still ridiculous lag.

Last edited by Rumfuddle (2006-01-03 19:41:48)

vegasbridget
+0|6704|Las Vegas, NV
I had serious lag issues with SF as well, especially with night maps and especially when zoomed in with a weapon using night vision. Basically the game was unplayable. Ping seemed to have nothing to do with it. I changed all the video settings to low, and that has made a tremendous difference in gameplay performance and map load times.

I did go too far with this however by reducing the vision distance too low--I had practically no lag but couldn't see enemies in time. Popping it back to 100% with everything else set to low seems to work great.

I imagine also that *some* of the other video settings can be increased as well to provide better graphics without sacrificing performance, but which ones and in which combinations is not clear; I'll have to continue toying with it to find out. Post if you find out which specific settings affect lag reduction the most or least.
FrEaK
+1|6805|Finland
It's A Bug In Static Mesh Rendering And Will Be Fixed In Next Patch!
So Don't Bitch About Cpu/memory/ping Because That's Not The Problem!
DSRTurtle
+56|6708
We are complaining because that there is no common denominator except for the game itself.  I have the same problem on 64 player maps for Surge, Warlord, Iron Fist and a little on Ghost Town.
The_Surgical_Spirit
+0|6789|UK
The lag in SF for me is occuring right at the start of the games, I'll load up real quick as usual but then I can't do anything for about 5-10 seconds as the lag is so bad. Prime example is on warlord - goto parachute in and before I can get the chute to open I'm dead on the ground.

Running slightly OC 3.2P4 with 1Gb RAM and AGP 6800GT

Think chucking some more RAM at it will fix it? Opinions please people.

p.s. Iron gater lags when there's like every single player kicking the shit outta each other and every helicopter trying to get in through the loading platform but I suppose this is to be expected unless you have the mother of all gaming rigs
DSRTurtle
+56|6708
Wait for the 1.2 patch and see what happens before you throw more money at hardware.  It's only a week or 2 away.  I suspect that the patch will fix a lot of the "video" lag everyone has.  I have a system that is right around the recommended and have that issue.  Some of my friends have the same issue with systems that blow away the recommended system requirements. 

If the patch doesn't work, then I either won't play SF any more at all or complain to EA or both.  I really like SF, but the "video" lag issues are most annoying when your trying to fight and the next thing you know is your shooting at a wall, while being killed bu the guy behind you beacuse you turned too much.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6757|cairns australia

IlIlIlIlIl wrote:

got the same problem with the lag

and dunno if you can play it with the normal bf2 disk maybe you can try it ????????/
yes u can
it doesnt matter which u use
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6777
If your using a low end system & want to improve your framerate (Reduce hardware Lag) then alter the name of your BF2.exe file too anything else you like keeping the .exe part & make the necessary alterations in your shortcuts & this will force Direct X7 rather than 9 & thus improve performance up to 2x on low end machines.

For more info: http://forums.filefront.com/showthread. … did=217620

Ignore later posts mentioning it doesnt work after 1.03 as I can tell you it does as a matter of fact
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739

ryan_14 wrote:

i installed the game, singleplayer works, but im gunna try multiplayer today.

just one thing. i have everything on Low and Off, like usual, but its still full of lag! Will it be this bad on multiplayer?

also, can i insert the regular BF2 disk instead of the new BF2:SF disk and still play the SF maps? Maybe that will make it less laggy.
from seeing from your specs, im even amazed to see you play bf2... so dont bitch about it and no SF will not be lag free
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FrEaK
+1|6805|Finland

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

If your using a low end system & want to improve your framerate (Reduce hardware Lag) then alter the name of your BF2.exe file too anything else you like keeping the .exe part & make the necessary alterations in your shortcuts & this will force Direct X7 rather than 9 & thus improve performance up to 2x on low end machines.

For more info: http://forums.filefront.com/showthread. … did=217620

Ignore later posts mentioning it doesnt work after 1.03 as I can tell you it does as a matter of fact
yes, it does improve performance, but:
1. It gives a lot of connection problems!
2. It makes the graphics look like shit!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard