RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6529|Chicago
I wouldn't call this "junk" per se, but I have nowhere else to put it. Here's the deal.

My friend was dating this girl for about 2 months (I think. I didn't really count.) Anyway, she lives in America, but she has recently been called back the Israel to do her mandatory military service. I can't find any common ground here, since my girlfriend has never been called away to go to war. I need some help about what to say to him. I think she's leaving in like 2 days.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
"yo bro, ur chick, that israeli one, ya, u know her. she's gotta go BACK to Israel and be in the army or some shit, but w/e we'll get drunk tonight so it's ok."

That is what you say.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-01-08 20:18:20)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I didn't realize Isreal was in the middle of a war right now. Most of the mandatory military assignments seem to be desk jobs. The chances of her being out in the suck dodging bullets is pretty slim. Tell him to think of it as her taking a course overseas.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6529|Chicago

chittydog wrote:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I didn't realize Isreal was in the middle of a war right now. Most of the mandatory military assignments seem to be desk jobs. The chances of her being out in the suck dodging bullets is pretty slim. Tell him to think of it as her taking a course overseas.
I never said that she was going to be dodging bullets (nor am I saying that you said I did, for the record), but still. She is going to be overseas for 2 years, I think. I don't know what to say to him. I feel terrible for him, but every time he brings it up, I end up sounding like a dick, since I can't relate in any way to what's going on.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK

chittydog wrote:

It's Israel, the place is always in the middle of a war, what with being surrounded by countries intent on wiping them off the map.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6732|Norcal, usa

Superior Mind wrote:

"yo bro, ur chick, that israeli one, ya, u know her. she's gotta go BACK to Israel and be in the army or some shit, but w/e we'll get drunk tonight so it's ok."

That is what you say.
i like this one the best.
you could tell her to un-fob and renounce her israeli citizenship, and somehow turn herself into a US citizen overnight.
that would be awesome.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6529|Chicago

jermyang wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

That is what you say.
i like this one the best.
you could tell her to un-fob and renounce her israeli citizenship, and somehow turn herself into a US citizen overnight.
that would be awesome.
I honestly don't know the whole story, but I think she has dual-citizenship or something. I was only given vague facts. Her parents moved here (the USA) from Israel and I think she was born here. I'm not sure though, because if she was a US citizen, she would be exempt from military service. Maybe she felt a loyalty to her homeland, or maybe her parents were forcing her.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6570|Florida

RedTwizzler wrote:

but every time he brings it up, I end up sounding like a dick, since I can't relate in any way to what's going on.
I got a laugh out of this, because I do the same thing all the time....except I do it even when I can relate.  But Im an asshole, what can I say.

I dont know what to tell ya man....honestly, theyve only been together for a couple months, and she will be gone for atleast 2 years....I say its just better they keep in touch, stay friends but break up.  Then when she comes back, see how things are then, if he wants to wait for her....well, 2 years is a long time when your only getting some from Rosy with the help of the internet.

I say he move on but keep in touch with her.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard