gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
In the instance you own someone instead of noob: "Bow Down"

Add things to make it interesting: "Bow Down, your mine"

In the instance you get killed cheaply: "Suck me you little pricked twat" or just the Generic "get some skills"
velocitychaos
+26|6497|Brisbane Australia
I don't bother insulting people for doing stupid crap, I just get on with the game (that's what I paid the money for in the first place) and try to have a bit of fun.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
how about f*ck y*u dumbass lol
wargallion
+5|6475|Sweden
i dont call people noobs, when i get pissed i hunt the fker down then i teabag him. there is no words needed my ass on his screen is enough!!!
yesterday i was banned for doing that on an admin.
]ESF[WarGallion
Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6546|Borås, Sweden
Muppet is a great word,
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6585|England

blademaster wrote:

I like how he thinks he has to censor "you"
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

blademaster wrote:

I like how he thinks he has to censor "you"
Yeah, it could get y*u kicked from the Christian Gamers Servers
Evil_Apu
+40|6584|Denmark
Fatherfucker
montypythizzle
+21|6603

Ricerckt93 wrote:

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm so sick of seeing everyone calling the other person "nOOb".

It isn't even a put down anymore.

It reminds me of two little kids argueing "You're stupid."  "No...You're stupid."

Seems like eveyone that does use it, never makes a mistake in the game.....and everyone else is a nOOb.

Well, weren't we all nOObs at one point.  (some of us still are).

I suggest someone come up with something a bit more witty.

Start a new trend and have bragging rights for it.

I know you guys are full of ideas.
turdnugget
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6495|Sydney, Australia
Noobs are called "vegetable birds" or "new policemen" in China. Just thought you'd like to know.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway
"Some elite skills you have there" is pretty witty dont you think?
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6690|England, GBR
"condom sucker"
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6423|San Antonio, TX

ColonelCanuck wrote:

I don't bother with name calling... Just go find the enemy and blow their heads off with my DAO or Jackhammer.

Although with the rash of inf-only servers of late... the AT and ENG classes are less useful I feel.
Actually... the shotgun is quite fun at running around near the hotel at Karkand!  You can get two or three at a time.  Why waste grenades!

Anyway... I don't use n00b (or any form thereof), I prefer FNG (f-ing new guy).  Or I'll call someone "princess" or "sweety".  Like... "Way to put your claymore at our own spawn point princess!"
Ricerckt93
+69|6653

silo1180 wrote:

ColonelCanuck wrote:

I don't bother with name calling... Just go find the enemy and blow their heads off with my DAO or Jackhammer.

Although with the rash of inf-only servers of late... the AT and ENG classes are less useful I feel.
Actually... the shotgun is quite fun at running around near the hotel at Karkand!  You can get two or three at a time.  Why waste grenades!

Anyway... I don't use n00b (or any form thereof), I prefer FNG (f-ing new guy).  Or I'll call someone "princess" or "sweety".  Like... "Way to put your claymore at our own spawn point princess!"
Yeah, FNG.

Quick and easy.

I like!

I'm going to use that too.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
I think its just kids who call people 'noob'.  And its not just 'noob', stuff like 'haxor' does my head in as well.

I was playing on Iron Gator yesterday and my new PC is well quick which enables me to spawn early and fly over to the carrier and steal the Apache

Anyway this lil shit says "OMFG NOOB, how did you get the apache so fast".

I ignored him and he says 'OMG HAXOR'.

Next minute I'm kicked and by this point i was pissing myself laughing at the way he was going on.

My point is, its just the immature little shits who say stuff like this, and they just put shame to themselves by doing so.  In truth they probably need to go and get some sunlight and maybe get laid.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Jackabo
+127|6559|Dublin, Ireland
lol, i have call all my clanmates a noob at least 5 times a week. Stupid bunch of noobs
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6346|Cali
https://img458.imageshack.us/img458/7024/noobqu4.jpg

Last edited by UnknownRanger (2007-01-08 11:25:50)

Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6739
douche canoe?
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
Noob will stick no doubt about it.... and you saying it had no effect on you is a lie.  It caused you to make this thread.
Ricerckt93
+69|6653

MurrayP wrote:

Noob will stick no doubt about it.... and you saying it had no effect on you is a lie.  It caused you to make this thread.
WTF are you taking about?

If you read my original post, you will see that it is annoying to see it in the game every other line.

I was suggesting for people to think of something "NEW" and witty.

So that "n00b" could be retired.

If you would like to use, feel free.

FNG.   
Ricerckt93
+69|6653
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
seems like an appropriate revive after recent posts.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

If someone calls me a noob cos I killed them, then I laugh at them and say, you got killed by a noob Mr.Awesome.
Axatar
+29|6463|France
There is a difference between newbie and "n00b"(and all it's deviations):
The newbies is new at the game, he sucks (i.e. doesn't know that you can guide a TV missile) but he wants to be better and always ask pertinent questions whereas the n00b was playing for a long time but still sucks(i.e. colonel sniper in a tank,forcing tk for jet etc...)and doesn't want to get any better.

People tend to call "n00b" everyone that they kill or "own" and call "whore" everything that kills them (too much).

Last edited by Axatar (2007-08-06 08:50:07)

Teflonspray
+2|6469

reefl3x wrote:

let your gameplay do your talking.
Old thread, but still a hot topic. The word "noob" has lost most of its meaning, since it is used, and abused, so often. I was called a "noob" the other day when I was playing The Iron Gator.

I noticed one player who constantly was in the heli, and someone complained about him team killing for a seat in it. Later, I decided to fly some heli myself, only to find out he still was flying the thing and he told me to back off, when we stood on the heli pad. Of course I did not back off, and I got the driver seat, only to receive lots of "Bail Out!" in return. I flew from the MEC peninsula towards the carrier and suddenly we were blown to pieces by the other team's TV missile. Then the "noobs" and other names flew in. I explained to him that it was his fault we were shot down, since he hadn't spotted the heli for me. Next try, I got the driver seat again, followed by the usual "Bail Out!", and then I showed him how fun it can be when the pilot helps the gunner, in a heli. We did really well together. So, when we got rammed by our own transport heli and re-spawned at heli pad, he took a step back to show me that he wanted me to pilot. Later he even picked me up after I was AT:d out of cockpit.

The name calling was gone, I wonder why? He never apologised for his previous name calling, even though he clearly realised he was wrong, and I think it had to do with the fact that "noob" is not a bad word or an insult. Its meaning really is lost.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard