Alexeik@ru
+-1|6586
good work, i shot 2-3 attack choppers by shotin in to rotor, it is give a bit more damage than cocpit, but 2 direct hits in to pilot kills instantly Good WORK MATE !!!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6714|Germany

legodude wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

for another update, be sure to post us on the damage done to a forklift (night flight)
wheres the forklift?
It is in there,just read the list:
Forklift
Body : 4 (!)
Tires : 2

Fredrik wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch, if you have time would you test out the M95 dammage on the Commander Assets?
It takes 43 grenades to take out the uav, also, very effective:D
43 grenades??LOL,now that's a lot.
But there's somehow no relation between the damage of different weapons against assets,TV-missiles take out arty in 3 hits,C4 needs 2 packs.And what about tanks?I've never had the patience to count all the tank shells,but it takes a lot more than for taking out another tank.
And that's why I'm wondering what the M95 does to commander assets,against infantry it has the same damage as the M24/L96A1,95points,against vehicles it does 190 points.

If the makers of the game really thought about anti-materiel sniping they should have given the M95 more damage against vehicles,2.5 bar cockpit hits against choppers are ok for balancing issues(nobody wants 20 snipers camping near a helipad) but IGLAs and Stingers(which right now do not take damage from the M95 at all!!! ) should be destructable,a sniper who demolishes air-defences definitely could help out the team.
If there would be something on my wishlist for a future patch it would be more vehicle damage from the M95,the possibility to damage Stinger sites and commander's assets.
Just let me quote a guy from the Discovery Channel,it was a show about guns,he presented the M82,the "brother" of the M95:"A 2-dollar bullet can render a 50 million dollar plane into scrap metal."
It's not like the UAV or SatScan are armoured,one well placed .50cal would definitely wreck it up.
It's basically like shooting your computer with a friggin' huge bullet,do you think it will still work properly with one big hole in the motherboard and the graphic card torn off?

I still wanna test this,it's just a matter of 5 minutes on an empty server,I just need a guy who plays an enemy engineer.I fly to the base,pump a few rounds in the UAV and the engineer starts repairing it so he can see how many bars I could take away.But I don't expect much damage as well.

I'm definitely going to test how many bullets a supply box can take,this actually would be anti-materiel sniping,you destroy enemy material and it helps out the team.And I think it should definitely blow up faster than the "magical armour" UAV.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-05-05 16:35:14)

INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6696|Denver, CO

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

I'm probably going to be on tonite, i'll see if I can look you up online if you'll be playin
[PHH]Spookz
+0|6677
Great info man = K+1 
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6714|Germany
Still no featured post?
That makes me soooo sad...
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6573|83Division.com

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

And that's why I'm wondering what the M95 does to commander assets,against infantry it has the same damage as the M24/L96A1,95points,against vehicles it does 190 points.

If the makers of the game really thought about anti-materiel sniping they should have given the M95 more damage against vehicles,2.5 bar cockpit hits against choppers are ok for balancing issues(nobody wants 20 snipers camping near a helipad) but IGLAs and Stingers(which right now do not take damage from the M95 at all!!! ) should be destructable,a sniper who demolishes air-defences definitely could help out the team.
If there would be something on my wishlist for a future patch it would be more vehicle damage from the M95,the possibility to damage Stinger sites and commander's assets.
True that.  All of the above I agree with.
C.Schaffer
+19|6615|Sweden
thx m8, now some of my many questions has been answered!
T0tal-Annihilation
+6|6703|Marietta, GA (near Atlanta)
Very nice post +1
though m95 isn't very useful for anything but vehicles...
it has way thick crosshairs which puts it below the SVD, M24, or L96 in terms of anti-personnel which is what sniping is mostly about with the obvious exception of AM
Entertayner
+826|6588

Skruples wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

for another update, be sure to post us on the damage done to a forklift (night flight)
Oops,always forget that crazy,unsteerable thing....

But sure,all needs to be included.

The next thing would be finding out if the glass of the SF-chopper is actually bulletproof or not,I shot somebody out of the HIND with a SVD,this needs a bit more research.
Ive seen people get shot out with the PKM, and even with a claymore once. Either that glass isnt as bulletproof as we like to believe, or theres some funky hitbox stuff going on.
i got knifed out of a AH-1Z the other day, i woz like WTF?!

Very nice post +1
though m95 isn't very useful for anything but vehicles...
it has way thick crosshairs which puts it below the SVD, M24, or L96 in terms of anti-personnel which is what sniping is mostly about with the obvious exception of AM
the m95 can out-snipe an l96a1 any day over long ranges or anything, even though the l96 sounds much cooler, also the m95 is more useful for sniping people out of jets/choppers/vehicles

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-06-02 14:44:22)

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6563|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Nice and helpfull, giving me some ideas and already a better idea of things as a sniper:) +1 for you .
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6714|Germany
UPDATE: added the Armored Fury vehicles to the damage chart.
sagexp
+16|6571
It is possible to get a one shot one kill on a plane. No seriously it is, I had heard of it but I thought it was just bull, but a few weeks ago playing wake I was trying to sneak onto the PLA jet and one of there guys beat me to it. Out of sheer annoyance I fired a shot as he took off, instant smoke trail blow up in the air, and the kill registered as M95. The jet was healthy, and with the help of 2 mates that have since figuered the "general" area to hit we have repeated the shot. Ok we dont yet have a lot of success at it as you have to be facing the taking off jet but with patience its a cool kill.
The area to hit is the missiles under the wing as the plane starts its take off, however there need to be some testing and research into the exact spot to hit
GroeFaZErdi
+6|6522
well i like the l96a1 best....m24 is old stuff, and cross of m95 2 big in my opinion....

btw: does anyone know another program to record bf2 gameplays??? i already tried FRAPS and GAMECAM, but fraps allowes only 2 make frequences of about 20 sec. and gamecam doesnt work.... request help, please mail to  [email protected]
thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
erdi
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK
Buzz, you're good to go, get back to the fight.

Necro-posting is not good netiquette and is frowned upon here. You're addition to the thread is totally off-topic. Try searching for your answers and if you find nothing, start a new thread in the appropriate section.

Doc
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6504|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Think if you had some of these rounds, Our Snipers in Iraq had them

The deadliest .50 caliber ammunition is the Raufoss multi-purpose round. These bullets combine armor-piercing, explosive, and incendiary effects for maximum destruction. The United States Marine Corps notes that the Raufoss multi-purpose round can penetrate an inch of steel at 2000 yards.[2] Additionally, International Defense Review estimates that the round is "probably capable of disabling a man wearing body armor who is standing behind the wall of a house at 2,000 meters."[3] The impact of these rounds are so horrific that in 1998 the International Committee of the Red Cross tried to have the round declared an "exploding bullet" banned under international law.[4] An excerpt from Sniper: The Skills, the Weapons, and the Experience provides an example of how the U.S. military exploited its tremendous firepower during the Gulf War: "The Barrett M82A1 was used in the Gulf War; a hundred rifles were rushed to the Marine Corps in time to see action in the desert. In one engagement, Sergeant Kenneth Terry of 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, hit and knocked out an Iraqi BMP armored personnel carrier with two armor-piercing incendiary rounds at a range of 1100 meters."[5]

Here is the web site for the company
http://www.nammo.com/templates/Product.aspx?id=204

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2006-07-26 13:59:28)

Doktorbob
+26|6505
I have to concur that the M95 can kill choppers.  When I first began playing BF2 I was choosing the sniper as I could hide and watch the action.  I was on Kubra Dam map.  High in one of the cranes...yep...dumb spot to be in.  I fired down onto a blackhawk with my M95 and the darn thing exploded.  I was aiming at the pilot but must have hit the top rotors.  Got the kill and surprised the heck outta me!  Few weeks ago after reading this very nice post....I decided to try the sniper kit once again.  Dragon Valley proved to be a good map to down choppers.  Made several shots onto a Cobra, next the smoke was pouring out, and after that, I got my first Cobra kill.  I bet the pilots were suprised to see that I nailed em with the M95.  Later in that same game I was approaching 90 points...when the admin of the server booted me!  What a true piece of trash that was!

Of course, I quickly jumped back onto the server in time to reclaim my 90 plus points....killed many of the other team....when I got punted again!  Once again, I logged back in and finally ended the session with 109 points!  Thanks to this guide I was felt that I was a very valuable team leader and proved to myself that the sniper kit is not trash.  I now play the kit more often and am always taking shots at choppers.

On Fushe Pass, I was camping in edges the enemy base.  The Cobra pilots jumped into the cockpit only to be met with sudden death from my trusty M95.  Dealing death to those guys made me feel great as they are so used to owning everyone on the battlefield....  Paybacks are Hell ...
James-m
+28|6567|England

SolidusSnake12 wrote:

lol a Real M95 would prolly do some dmg.
one bullet in the right place could disable  a TOW....... and a humvee
enterprizer
+2|6357|Singapore
wao, so the sniper pros are all here.....

i....better.....back.....off.....

HELP!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>

Job well done guys, job well done!!

Last edited by enterprizer (2007-01-08 00:09:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard