~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6293|Orrstrayleea
To those of you who live in australia/england and enjoy watching/playing cricket you would have more than likly noticed that two of our most skilled bowlers; Glenn Mcgrath and Shane Warne are leaving the game forever, now personly the only other player i think can get wickets is stuart clarke, so is australia in the shit?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738
I dont think so we have

MacGill (if the selectors decide to go with him)
Bracken
Johnson if he can stay fit
Tait

Any team with Warne and McGrath in it for the last 10 years is going to be understrenth.
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6292|Australia QLD
Australia = Pawn Poms Up The Rectum
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6500|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
Shaun Tait is a good bowler, probably destined to be McGrath's replacement.

Cameron White is a good spiner and he can bat well, and don't forget we have Stuart McGill who can take wickets.

Mitchell Johnson is also a good youngun and Ben Hilfenhaus seems to be rising towards national selection. Nothing wrong with bringing in new players, look at Michael Hussey and Michael Clarke
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6344|Florida, USA
Who cares cricket is gay.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
warne didn't play in last world cup and look what happened....
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia
the bowlers are one thing, the replacement opener is another.

i want to see phil jaques in there. the kid is good, he is young, he should be in. the selectors have to stop replacing 35 year olds with 30 year olds. imagine if hussey and clark came into the side 3 years ago? we wouldnt have lost the damn ashes in the first place.

i think mcgill will come in for warne, clark will take up mcgrath's spot, and bracken or watson will come in to fill the spot up
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Wow, Go you.
You thought you would be cool by posting an Utterly useless Comment.
However, you are Not.

As for Australia, there is a lot of new talent coming in, and just as many promising performances from the younger players on the team. I think Australia will still own in the future.

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2007-01-07 17:44:40)

TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6344|Florida, USA

Jestar12345 wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Wow, Go you.
However, you are Not.

As for Australia, there is a lot of new talent coming in, and just as many promising performances from the younger players on the team. I think Australia will still own in the future.
Who said I was trying to be cool, I was just pointing out the truth.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Wow, Go you.
However, you are Not.

Who said I was trying to be cool, I was just pointing out the truth.
Since when is your Opinion the Truth?
Archer
rapes face
+161|6394|Canuckistan

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

gtfo diaf and foad plz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

The team will change and adapt... We will still be the world leaders, just need a little time to adjust. Wasn't this discussed in the ashes thread?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
vedds
+52|6725|Christchurch New Zealand
Australia has so much depth its ridiculous, Id hazard that an Aussie A team could beat NZ in a test series. Guys that dont get a break in Australia would be heroes in other countries.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

vedds wrote:

Australia has so much depth its ridiculous, Id hazard that an Aussie A team could beat NZ in a test series. Guys that dont get a break in Australia would be heroes in other countries.
Cricket is a mainstream sport here in Australia and it isn't really anywhere else in the world. Except maybe Pakistan. That's where our advantage is, it's popular. More young dudes play it so there is a larger pool of talent to draw from.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6394|Canuckistan
Except maybe Pakistan
Don't forget India, Bangladesh, South Africa, SriLanka West Indies and many countries of the Middle East.

Last edited by Archer (2007-01-07 18:15:58)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6551|Melbourne, Australia.
Clarke is the new McGrath...he can bowl a constant line/length just like mcgrath did.
xtrem3_4c3
Australian Field Operative
+29|6459|Australia. Land of ZeR0 pr0N

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Clarke is the new McGrath...he can bowl a constant line/length just like mcgrath did.
Dam straight also Phil Jaques should replace Justin Langer.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

xtrem3_4c3 wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Dam straight also Phil Jaques should replace Justin Langer.
i think i should replace langer
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6497|So Cal

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Flecco wrote:

vedds wrote:

Cricket is a mainstream sport here in Australia and it isn't really anywhere else in the world. Except maybe Pakistan. That's where our advantage is, it's popular. More young dudes play it so there is a larger pool of talent to draw from.
Well I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Australia is about the 3rd least populous test playing nation, so I don't think our pool of talent is that much bigger. Perhaps it's got to do with the climate, and the fact we've got more money to pay our players...

Warne and McGrath will be hard to replace, but Langer (no offence to him) will be easier. I think Australia has been blessed with both strong batting and strong bowling over the last few years. We'll still have the best batting line up, so long as our new bowlers aren't completely crap we shoud continue to do well.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

cospengle wrote:

Flecco wrote:

vedds wrote:

Well I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Australia is about the 3rd least populous test playing nation, so I don't think our pool of talent is that much bigger. Perhaps it's got to do with the climate, and the fact we've got more money to pay our players...

Warne and McGrath will be hard to replace, but Langer (no offence to him) will be easier. I think Australia has been blessed with both strong batting and strong bowling over the last few years. We'll still have the best batting line up, so long as our new bowlers aren't completely crap we shoud continue to do well.
I think Australia invests more money in cultivating youth talent. Our club and district setup is well funded as well.

Our attitude/hunger is everything.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6293|Orrstrayleea

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

If you cant positivly contibute to this post then fuck off, why say something like that, i could just say your gay (you probobly are but thats not my point)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Australia is the Shit.
New Zealand is just plain shit. 73 all out against Sri Lanka in the one dayer on Saturday.
I'm so glad I don't care about/follow Cricket, otherwise I might be gutted, (the cricket plays on the TV where I work so I get all the results and whatnot.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia
lol yeah I heard about that, but at least they didn't lose to Bangladesh...

Last edited by cospengle (2007-01-07 23:52:48)

1927(h)

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Thats why millions of people watch it.

Isnt Miami the gay capitol of Florida, even USA?  If so forgive me for my personal attack agaisnt you because you suggested cricket is gay, afterall you would know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard