Poll

Which Game/Series is the Best RTS of All Time?

Command & Conquer Series41%41% - 89
Total Annihilation Series5%5% - 12
Age of Empires Series12%12% - 28
Black & White Series0%0% - 2
Starcraft Series5%5% - 11
Rome & Medieval: Total War Series7%7% - 17
Warcraft Series8%8% - 18
Company of Heroes10%10% - 22
Rise of Nations Series1%1% - 3
Other6%6% - 14
Total: 216
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6642|South Jersey
I'm a fan of Rise on Nations and C&C.
[TFT]Hostage
Never fear, I is here
+11|6561
COmmand and Conquer, no contest. If you think different you shall be taking out back and shot.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

[TFT]Hostage wrote:

COmmand and Conquer, no contest. If you think different you shall be taking out back and shot.
Clearly you have only every played C&C as infact any experienced RTS player will tell you its one of the most plain and basic RTS series.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

Total War Series
TA (am enjoying the Supreme Commander Beta at the moment, only on LAN play though )

Command and Comnquer is the most straightforward, childish RTS ever. The first one was great, but they went downhill after that, though they're still quite fun to play, just so simple.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6602|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

[TFT]Hostage wrote:

you havent played company of heroes yet have you
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6652|Ohio
i cant wait for SC2 or WC4 either. ya, of course that makes me mad about blizzard going off and making wow in the first place.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
Either Advance Wars or Dawn of War
Mogura
+17|6370|EUROPE
Command and conquer rules all ;-) i remember playing Red alert 2 , da Kirov Airship Ready
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida
WTF's an RTS??

Rectal Thermometry System??
15 more years! 15 more years!
Raptor1
+19|6495
Real Time Stratagy.

Anyway i loved Age of Empire 2;, AOK, but never played any others. About all of the C&C games were very soild and fun to play.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
slaves to advertising...
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6429|San Antonio, TX
Never played any of them... before BF2 it was Diablo & Diablo 2 that were my favs.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

TrollmeaT wrote:

slaves to advertising...
I agree. They all vote C&C because its the "biggest" known RTS, which is bull for a start any Blizzard game is larger. There are like 30,000 games of WC3 going on all the time. And they only ever played the C&C games.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6626|InGerLand

Raptor1 wrote:

Real Time Stratagy.

Anyway i loved Age of Empire 2;, AOK, but never played any others. About all of the C&C games were very soild and fun to play.
man what is this thing for AoE 2 i couldn't stand it yet its everyone elses favorite, Age of Mythology was so much better, and AoE3 isn't as good but has much better graphics and some interesting [and working] ideas that balance it out
T0rr3nt
+54|6584|Michigan
Empires:Dawn of the modern world and Empire Earth!

but i voted for AOE
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

T0rr3nt wrote:

Empires:Dawn of the modern world and Empire Earth!

but i voted for AOE
Ah, I remember Empire Earth and it's map editor. 8 capitols in one spot vs. 8 in another spot, with a massive wall seperating them.

Fun, but prone to have no end.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

slaves to advertising...
I agree. They all vote C&C because its the "biggest" known RTS, which is bull for a start any Blizzard game is larger. There are like 30,000 games of WC3 going on all the time. And they only ever played the C&C games.
Its because its the RTS eqivelent of the Battle Field series.
Personally the best tactical fights are in Total War, the best balancing with build strategies ect would be AOE II, but for all round diversification, mods and multi player, WC3 has to be the best RTS game ever made.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
You must be drunk saying wc3 is the best rts ever with those cartoon graphics, SupCom will rule all RTS games.
Mogura
+17|6370|EUROPE

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

slaves to advertising...
wrong i played most of the games listed above, and i liked c&c series much more than others

Last edited by Mogura (2007-01-07 02:59:06)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Mogura wrote:

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

slaves to advertising...
wrong i played most of the games listed above, and i liked c&c series much more than others
wow... u played like 10 RTS games you must now loads about them. Sorry to say but ive played nearly 50 of them. Ill list them when i get back to uni today.

AOE
AOE2
AOE3
WC
WC2
WC3: ROC
WC3: TFT
Dune
C&C
C&C: Tiberian Sun
C&C: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
C&C RA
C&C RA: CounterStrike
C&C RA: The AfterMath
C&C RA2
C&C RA2: Yuri's Revenge
C&C Generals
C&C Generals: Zero Hour
Black and White
Black and White 2
Black and White 2: Battle of the Gods
AOM
AOM: The Titans
D-Day
Ground Control 2
Empire Earth II
Startopia
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper Expansion
Dungeon Keeper 2
ShogunTW - Has RTS battles.
MedivalTW - Has RTS battles.
MedivalTW Viking Invasion - Has RTS battles.
RomeTW - Has RTS battles.
Medival2TW - Has RTS battles.
Commandos
Commandos 2
Commandos 3
Soldiers Heroes of WWII
Stronghold
Stronghold Expansion
Stronghold 2
Fate of the Dragon
TA
Settlers IV
Settlers V Heritage of Kings
Starcraft
Starcraft BroodWar
Company Of Heroes
Anno 1701
Supreme Commander

Those are the ones I can remember for now. That also doesnt inclued all the economic strategy that is also RTS.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-01-07 08:13:48)

commissargizz
+123|6471| Heaven
C&C for me, loved it.
+5|6327
Total War series. Mixture of turn based and real time strategy makes it a really great game.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6655|Italy
total war series, the real time section has no competitors, and the turn based section is good if you can forget a couple of A.I. flaws
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Other. I can't say any RTS is the best of 'all' time, though C&C was surely one of the most prolific title generators.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard