jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6691
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, … 10,00.html

Game over bitoch! Can't wiat to see Amadinajahds ( spelling but come on now lol ) face on TV screaming " Jihad this, Jihad that " . Can't wait.
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417
Its ok, Israel and USA are the only ones whos killing Terrorist's anyway
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567
They'd better take out the entire country and all surrounding countries while they're at it because if they tactically  nuke another sovereign nation they'll have a world of shit on their hands. It might oddly lead ultimately to the demise of Israel. I would be confident that this would actually prompt the EU to embargo Israel (maybe even every nation except for USA).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-06 16:55:53)

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6599|sWEEDen
Pandoras box anyone? Israel is paying,for all of us....

Last edited by [F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi (2007-01-06 19:12:52)

arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6692|Colorado Springs, CO
Well I kinda hope not because I will be deploying to Iraq this summer and if Israel does attack Iran then i'll probably be fighting against the Iranians. I doubt the US would approve a nuclear attack of any kind especially in the Middle East. They would have to ask the US to use them and especially so since they would probably have to fly over Iraqi airspace to reach Iran anyways (i'm sure Turkey would'nt allow them to).

Last edited by arabeater (2007-01-06 17:04:50)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

Boy, this topic title is misleading. Drawing up plans and using Nukes are very different. Both the United States and Russia have had plans to Destroy each for quite sometime now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6498|Latvia
Reminds me of Operation Opera, but this time with nukes..
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

I also like that there is no evidence mentioned.
The plans, disclosed to The Sunday Times last week
Really?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
herrr_smity
+156|6640|space command ur anus
if they in their wisdom decide do attack Iran then they will unleash a world of shit and it will all hit Israel.
Iran has both the will and means to hit back
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567

herrr_smity wrote:

if they in their wisdom decide do attack Iran then they will unleash a world of shit and it will all hit Israel.
Not to mention the fact that Israel is tiny and could be entirely carpet missiled in no time. The Iranians could just as well rain down 200 missiles on Dimona and destroy Israel with the resultant nuclear pollution.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-06 17:16:05)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6642|Washington, DC

...do the Israelis WANT to be destroyed by the Arab world?
UGADawgs
+13|6333|South Carolina, US

CameronPoe wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Not to mention the fact that Israel is tiny and could be entirely carpet missiled in no time. The Iranians could just as well rain down 200 missiles on Dimona and destroy Israel with the resultant nuclear pollution.
I doubt Russia would be too happy seeing Iran nuked as well. But, the US would probably retaliate for any attack on Israel, and then the world would go boom.

Luckily this is just military planning (I'm sure we have plans to invade just about any nation hidden somewhere), not any actual policy.
l41e
+677|6660

If they do - if - they're going to be hit with a world of hurt.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
For a start this is clearly misleading. What the missles most like are is tiped with radioactive material, this gives increased penitration as they are "bunker Busting" bombs, the type other countries has used thousands of times before.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America
Well, I can't see a single way this could be bad.
l41e
+677|6660

Vilham wrote:

For a start this is clearly misleading. What the missles most like are is tiped with radioactive material, this gives increased penitration as they are "bunker Busting" bombs, the type other countries has used thousands of times before.
Ah, depleted uranium...sounds familiar.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6475|meh-land
I think you might be slightly wrong on that...

They are equipped with low yield nuclear explosives, but these do create a nuclear explosion that will collapse any underground structures (bunkers, tunnels, etc), and irradiate the surrounding area.  But they are not powerful enough to say, wipe out an entire city.  But if you are close to ground zero you will die.

you are speaking of depleted uranium tipped bombs i think, or something similar, but these bombs have never been used before...
herrr_smity
+156|6640|space command ur anus
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6406|The Gem Saloon
hell why dont they just detonate a nuke in the atmosphere and do the old EMP back to the stone age deal.......then nuclear reactors wont be an issue.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6658|Peoria
Sigh, will someone make the US stop babysitting Israel. I mean, every time Israel picks a fight with someone, somehow we get dragged into the mess.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6658|Peoria

Parker wrote:

hell why dont they just detonate a nuke in the atmosphere and do the old EMP back to the stone age deal.......then nuclear reactors wont be an issue.
well, for one thing, those EMP blasts go pretty damn far. Also, you don't need a tactical nuke to generate an EMP. I'd also worry about the consequences of detonating a nuke in the atmosphere with radiation.

Plus, if they're using Faraday cages or something of that nature, EMP's won't work.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6541|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Boy, this topic title is misleading. Drawing up plans and using Nukes are very different. Both the United States and Russia have had plans to Destroy each for quite sometime now.
Exactly.
U.S. has war plans for invading Canada and mexico. Doesn't mean we would do it.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6475|meh-land

herrr_smity wrote:

http://www.fas.org/faspir/2001/v54n1/weapons.htm
that is correct, but they are extremely low yeild explosives, and will be detonated probably 30 feet underground.  It will not cause that much fallout, in the direction of the wind, people as far as perhaps 100 miles might be effected, but only people within i think 30 miles or so of ground zero (downwind) will die.  If that much.  I can't remember exactly from the diagram, but the area affected is very small, and not very significant.  If there is a city right next to the explosion it will experience effects, but like i said the radiation is mostly spread downwind and there isn't very much radiation anyway. 

and besides, the gains are better than the risks anyway, some people may die, but more people will die if iran gets nukes, so it is more than an acceptable tradeoff
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6658|Peoria
I'm more worried about Iran selling the tech than I am them using the nukes.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6691

CameronPoe wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Carpet Missiled !?!?!?!?!? LOL !! Carpet bombed.......... Anyhow have you heard of these things called fallout shelters? Well they are for the nukes but every single home in Israel has a bombing raid shelter under the house.
Carpet bombing isn't very successful. Any how the size of an Army dose not matter. The command dose. And I think Iran would be on the shitty end of the stick if they went to war with Israel. If things got bad for Israel take a big guess who would be backing them up? We don't don't' have THAT many troops in Iraq.

Last edited by jonnykill (2007-01-06 18:09:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard