The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6470|Los Angeles
I've achieved the silver engineering excellence badge (aka the repair badge) three times in roughly the past 24 hours. The first time, the badge popped up during the round and in the round summary, but when I went to BFHQ to check out the requirements for gold, it was showing that the silver badge wasn't there. I figured I just got on a bum server or something, so I went elsewhere and achieved it again. Same thing happened. So I did it again, because I hadn't been keeping track of my points, and wanted to see if it was crediting me 500 points but not giving me the badge. Which is indeed the case. Check my stats below, you can see that its still crediting me for the silver.

So at least for me, the repair badge is broken - inhale the irony. I'm definitely not complaining though , as 500 extra points per round is pretty sweet.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
This happened with my distinguished service ribbon - it did show up in my stats after 2 attempts - and I did get 1000 points for it. Glitch in EA I think.

I earned my titan attack veteren today for 500, got the points but the badge never showed up. I got 28 kills on the enemy titan. I am trying again to see if I earn the extra points..
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Doesn't matter, once you hit general career points will mean nothing.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6669|Chch, New Zealand
There are 3 ribbons that i have got nearly 4 times. So for 4 rounds i Have got about 2600 points free in ribbons and badges that i already have. Not that it really mattters as I need gobal points now. Not carrer points
Mafia47
+27|6710|Chicago
i've gotten gold explosive badge 3 times now...its getting lame...
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6709
Yeah, none of my time is updating nor my badges or ribbons so i cant be eligible for the extra points. I only need half an hour more with engineer so i can get my engineer attack badge silver. Not fair.
l41e
+677|6618

I've gotten the Good Conduct Ribbon (500pts) three times. One time legit, the other two when I had the recruit bug. (I also have a couple bronze badges twice because of this as well.)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
it's so hard to get 15 titan attack score i want it AGAIN.
Mafia47
+27|6710|Chicago

SnobbyBoss wrote:

Yeah, none of my time is updating nor my badges or ribbons so i cant be eligible for the extra points. I only need half an hour more with engineer so i can get my engineer attack badge silver. Not fair.
ya thats happening to me to and its really pissing me off...only like 2 more hours in titan mod for gold attack/defend badges!!! i want my 2 k points!!!
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6709
I have been thinking about this and it reminds me of something. Remember the commander bug that gave thousands of points to random people, It seems to be something like that. So I would not go trying to exploit the glitch unless you want to get reset like EA/DICE did to those unlucky souls from BF2.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6669|Chch, New Zealand

leetkyle wrote:

Try geting 30 of the buggers. I've missed out a few times. And it drives me insane

Last edited by NZDeathBoy (2007-01-06 14:07:47)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
I got 28 the first time I got 15 and if I hadn't went for knife kills could of easily got 40. 25/32 man server. we destroyed all consoles but 1.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6345|Inside the AR Rockets.
Ive gotten the Good Conduct Ribbon 5 Times. 2500 points.

The Legion of Excellence Ribbon 3 times. 6000 Points.

Assult Bronze, 4 times. 80 points.

Assult silver, 2 times. 1000 Points.

Soilder Merit Ribbon, 3 times. 150 points.

Infantry Officer Ribbon, 2 times. 1000 Points

Distinguished Unit Service Ribbon, 2 Times, 1000 points.

Total extra points: 7660

Ranks because of EA/DICES screwups: 6
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.

HUNDaemon wrote:

Ive gotten the Good Conduct Ribbon 5 Times. 2500 points.

The Legion of Excellence Ribbon 3 times. 6000 Points.

Assult Bronze, 4 times. 80 points.

Assult silver, 2 times. 1000 Points.

Soilder Merit Ribbon, 3 times. 150 points.

Infantry Officer Ribbon, 2 times. 1000 Points

Distinguished Unit Service Ribbon, 2 Times, 1000 points.

Total extra points: 7660

Ranks because of EA/DICES screwups: 6
same thing with me. i got up my last like 8 ranks because of it. yayyy for DICE
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6625|UK

SnobbyBoss wrote:

same here i was on TS with my buddies and i was like WTF just been given this just been given that, the list was so long that i gave up telling them when i was getting awards, it was a combination of badges, ribbons, and medals lol 4181 in total in that round, but i am the same just need carear points
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium

NZDeathBoy wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Try geting 30 of the buggers. I've missed out a few times. And it drives me insane
Naah.. 30 Titan Attack Points is easy if you stay outside the Titan.. I got it after my 3nd try (don't try it much since most of the time I lag like hell on the enemy Titan..)
http://www.linuxhelp.be/tim/files/screen097.png

On topic; last week I earned all my Basic Support 2x, Basic Recon 2x and Basic Assault 3x. And I earned 3 ribbons again ( 2550 points worth +100 from the badges ). Not that it matters much since I'm Brig. General.. but hey.
In BFHQ I've still got my Recon Combat Gold, Support Combat Gold, Engineer Combat Silver and Assault Combat Silver.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-07 02:17:45)

SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6709
Well i got this yesterday for some reason.
https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7654/bf214212007010708264595tu5.jpg

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2007-01-07 05:33:34)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6714|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

SnobbyBoss wrote:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7654 … 595tu5.jpg
Yer l got mine the other day too and l had'nt expected it or filled the requirments.
Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden

The_Guardsman wrote:

SnobbyBoss wrote:

Yer l got mine the other day too and l had'nt expected it or filled the requirments.
What I have learned from the repair tool is that if you repair it while no one is in it you gain a repair point but it won't add to your score during that round. So you could get that Medal without getting a single repair point during a round.

Little bit a buggy eh but whatever it still easy to get and no points are given. So wth.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium

Zefar wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

SnobbyBoss wrote:

What I have learned from the repair tool is that if you repair it while no one is in it you gain a repair point but it won't add to your score during that round. So you could get that Medal without getting a single repair point during a round.

Little bit a buggy eh but whatever it still easy to get and no points are given. So wth.
So will they also count for the 15 Repair Points IAR requirement of the Expert (Gold) Engi Badge?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
fixed now i believe. i have been awarded everything

@scubby / i have that too. i bet you repaired titan aa guns once in a while? they count as repair points (you get 2 points) but it doesn't say "you got a repair point!" your score just goes up.

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-01-07 07:50:13)

CrimsonFury
+1|6749
I got the legion of merit ribbon 4 times on Saturday. Ooints recorded but ribbon didn't. 8000 points for me .

1.5 days later tha awards showed up on my stats and its stopped giving me the ribbon now .
Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

So will they also count for the 15 Repair Points IAR requirement of the Expert (Gold) Engi Badge?
Not what I know. To get the repair badge SOMEONE must be in the vehicle/turret you repair otherwise it will only add it to your repair points at the stats page. But not in game.
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
I got my repair gold badge by repairing the guns, the best chance is to repair them while someone is sitting in them and someone else destroying them. So if the guns are near an AA tower just wait untill they are getting destroyed and tell a friend to sit in them under that time
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I have gotten lots of ribbons and badges a second time due to the private bug but they don't count on my career score.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard