White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6554|Scotland
basically my mate wants a ventrillo or teamspeak for his clan, do they cost money?

if they do, is it a one off payment or monthly?

and how would he go about setting one up, any help is great guys
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6647|Ohio
yes, but i dont think they are that much. i think i heard from a german guy that his ts was like 50 bucks every 6 months, but i dont really remember, so it could be way off.

Edit: i looked, and heres a list of places to rent them. http://sales.tritoncia.com/hosters.php they are like 7 bucks a month or so.

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2007-01-05 12:08:55)

JoshCooper
+20|6332|Stoke
yh u do av pay but not sure ow much they r
tell him get vent cuz its better quality nd clearer
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6554|Scotland
Wow josh... bud... speak proper, that took me ages to translate.

is there any that are free?
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6587|England

JoshCooper wrote:

w/ com in pce...
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6399|Indianapolis, IN

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

yes, but i dont think they are that much. i think i heard from a german guy that his ts was like 50 bucks every 6 months, but i dont really remember, so it could be way off.

Edit: i looked, and heres a list of places to rent them. http://sales.tritoncia.com/hosters.php they are like 7 bucks a month or so.
Actually TS and VENT are free for CLAN use. If you make money from the server, you will have to pay for it e.g I own a server hosting company and your clan actually PAYS to run the server VIA my server. You will then have to pay for TS or VENT considering money is being made from my service.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6652
x-treme is making a clan?
Dwit
+34|6513
i got a question abount ventrilo, I downloaded it, wanted to instal error! :S

Error 1327. Invalid drive: P :\

help?!

Last edited by Dwit (2007-01-05 12:53:52)

misconfiguration
GURU

Dwit wrote:

i got a question abount ventrilo, I downloaded it, wanted to instal error! :S

Error 1327. Invalid drive: P :\

help?!
That's simple, seems like it's trying to install from a different drive. Try this; move the vent install file to your P:\ drive and try to install it from there. Easy as pie
Entertayner
+826|6573

You can run TS servers on your own computer quite easily without it lagging out the connection, only downside is that the server's only available while your computer is on and running it.
misconfiguration
GURU

Entertayner wrote:

You can run TS servers on your own computer quite easily without it lagging out the connection, only downside is that the server's only available while your computer is on and running it.
You're true to an extent, I host my own TS server on a cable connection with no problems while I game. But I don't host it on my gaming box that's the trick, I have a old 233mhz box that I build a NAT-IPTABLES router from, it's also my network file server, slapped TS on it, it's on 24/7.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6642

JoshCooper wrote:

Translation: Yeah, you do have to pay, but not sure how much they are. Tell him to get vent because the quality is better and clearer.
PluggedValve
+17|6342

thareaper254 wrote:

JoshCooper wrote:

Translation: Yeah, you do have to pay, but not sure how much they are. Tell him to get vent because the quality is better and clearer.
My friend payed 50 bucks for 6 months.  And ya, Vent is way better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard