jcurts
+25|6391|Coventry, UK
We just got a new server and we are setting everything up. The thing that at the moment is giving us headaches is setting up the BR.

Details:

Game server hosted by: myinternetservices.com

This is the ftp address:  ftp.absoluteteamwork.com
This is the folder where the demos will be saved: ftp.absoluteteamwork.com/demos

Rotate_demo.cfg

file_limit = 15
target_root =
use_ftp = 1
ftp_target_dir = http://absoluteteamwork.com/demos

ftp login info = ............

BF2CC settings

Demo Index URL: http://absoluteteamwork.com/demos/
Demo Download URL: http://absoluteteamwork.com/demos/
Auto Demo Hook: adminutils/demo/rotate_demo.py   ( gameserver hosted in linux )

So far, I can see the demo files if I manually access the ftp, but I cannot see them in the community tab.

If you dont have an idea of what this means and will just submit an answer hoping that it would be right, please dont do it.

Thanks in advance.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6396|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Does BF2cc have a public help file or FAQ? I don't have much to do atm & 2 people looking for an answer will most likely find it faster than 1...
jcurts
+25|6391|Coventry, UK
They do have a faq, but to get some real info you need to to to the forums.

I looked for for about 3 hours, but I couldnt find something that would answer my question.

I did follow some of the posts, cause the files are being uploaded, so I know that that side of the setup is correct.  What I dont understand is why the battlerecoreder is not retiving the demo files.

Im going to keep looking around, but any help from you guys would really come in handy.

Cheers
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6396|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Have you asked anyone else to try playing on your server & see if they can dl the BR files? Is it possible they're just not showing up in your system? (maybe anti-virus or something?)

I'll have a look around & see if i can find anything, I've never heard of that before though.
DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6610
I think I have this aswell. I might be able to see the demos listed in the community tab, but when I go to download them, it will come up with the "file not found on server". However, if I go straight to the URL of where the demos are being kept, it works fine? Hmmm, ive just got used to it now
jcurts
+25|6391|Coventry, UK

DecJW wrote:

I think I have this aswell. I might be able to see the demos listed in the community tab, but when I go to download them, it will come up with the "file not found on server". However, if I go straight to the URL of where the demos are being kept, it works fine? Hmmm, ive just got used to it now
Same here man. What we have been doing is this. We switched to an unranked with a time limit of 1 min and 1 player. So, I go in, walk around for 1 min and then, I go to the community tab. The file does show in the list, but it cant be downloades. The files are uploading to the ftp, cause I went into the ftp and checked it.

The ftp folder has CHMOD of 777.

Edit:

MYIS Support wrote:

Ok if you are uploading to your ftp now thats good. Now make sure your
permissions are set to read/write/execute or 755. That is probably why
it is not downloading.
Thank You,
So, I change the CHMOD to 775, but still no download.

Last edited by jcurts (2007-01-05 10:18:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard