• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Playing bf2 has more than doubled my electricity bill, solution?
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6517
Alright, whenever i invest alot of hours into bf2, my electricity bill jumps so high in the price (usually 30 ish$ to 90$). I'm thinking a new power supply would lower it as i have a custom built comp with the stock power supply that came with the case. Will this fix the amount of power my machine hogs if it remains the same watt or is there another way to fix this, other than not playing bf2 as much?
Brasso
+1,549|6643

Turn all the lights off, and set the thermometer to 60.  It's what my dad does.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6675|USA
The ol magnet on the meter brother.
keimtime
+18|6406|Nebraska, USA
Turn your monitor off while playing.  It not only saves energy but makes the game more challenging.  I swear that is what many people do.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6779|UK
If you have your heating on all the time you are wasting alot of money. So first lower the temp or turn it off.
If you have your lights on all the time you are wasting alot of money. So second turn them off.
If you leave appliances on all the time you are wasting some money. So thirdly turn them off.

That should save you enough money to play BF2 all day long.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6729|Riva, MD

haffeysucks wrote:

Turn all the lights off, and set the thermometer to 60.  It's what my dad does.
The house feels good when it's on 60.  My parents put it on 70 to 75 and it's fucking sweaty ridiculous in here.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6534|Istanbul-Turkey
dont play bf2.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6343|teh alien spaceshit
If you can, turn off the volume, the lights, and basically everything else that doesn't need to be kept on for 24/7
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6675|USA
IN all honesty, I don't think your BF2 is causing that much of a jump. I know guys who can grow 2 rooms of herb and not have it jump that much. Any new purchases over the holidays that use enormous amounts of power? Maybe an air compressor in the garage or industrial coffee maker?
kilgoretrout
+53|6483|Little Rock, AR

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

IN all honesty, I don't think your BF2 is causing that much of a jump. I know guys who can grow 2 rooms of herb and not have it jump that much. Any new purchases over the holidays that use enormous amounts of power? Maybe an air compressor in the garage or industrial coffee maker?
agreed.  i don't think there's any way one computer running could use $60 in electricity a month...  i live in a 3500 square foot house with 6 other guys.  we have 5 comps tha are constantly gaming, most with dual monitors, and whether our computers are over or if we have friends over to lan, it doesn't really change our bill, much less double or triple it...
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6473|UK
Nothing beats a dynamo and a bicycle for the super cheap. Best to be cheap around the house teabag on a string, wear more clothes instead of heating, use tap water on your cornflakes theres more but I'm gonna go watch t.v through my neighbours window bye bye.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6562|EUtopia | Austria
Sell your house and power your PC (with wireless internet somewhere in the wilderness, of course) with a diesel engine!
Saves a lot of cash - the only problem: Your PC will be a little louder afterwards and you've got no privacy anymore. Also, it's not that good for the environment - but honestly, what would you choose: environment or Battlefield?
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6521|Bournemouth, South England
Run an extension lead from your next door neighbours house, preferably a four or eight gang socket, then leech off them for a few months. Try running all of your high wattage appliances from it, see if they complain about their bill. If they don't, then its a problem with one of your marital aids.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6610|Seattle

You could get a 110v converter for your 220v socket (where your dryer plugs in). More pressure through the pipes (Voltage) = less energy used ($).
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6517
my heat is always kept low and i see my breath many a times. i do not run anything such as a plug in heater to run up the electricity nor do i leave on lights and neither do i leave my computer on when im not on it.

stop with the retarded ass comments
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6562|UK

Ottomania wrote:

dont play bf2.
Jesus you could work in F1 with solutions like that!  Me thinks he is right though, the topic heading really is a sure sing you should STOP playing this game.  How much time have you clocked up :S?

Martyn
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6779|UK

oneshotsnipednoobfag wrote:

my heat is always kept low and i see my breath many a times. i do not run anything such as a plug in heater to run up the electricity nor do i leave on lights and neither do i leave my computer on when im not on it.

I guess we shouldnt try to help you then. You ass.
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6343|Toronto Canada
give up non-essentials such as heating, oven, lighting, washing machines, dishwashers etc and only run your comp with bf2 on it, you gotta have priorities here, i mean come on your a grown man

Last edited by Robbie77 (2007-01-04 22:08:19)

Volatile
+252|6717|Sextupling in Empire

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Run an extension lead from your next door neighbours house, preferably a four or eight gang socket, then leech off them for a few months. Try running all of your high wattage appliances from it, see if they complain about their bill. If they don't, then its a problem with one of your marital aids.
This solution is the WIN!
Archer
rapes face
+161|6437|Canuckistan
Move to a Condo and go for a maintenance plan that includes electricity bills.
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6517
i know for sure its my bf2, NOTHING else. Now, what can i do to reduce the intake of electricity to my computer. besides a) not playing.

Vilham wrote:

your right, i dont want your help, now gtfo

Last edited by oneshotsnipednoobfag (2007-01-05 05:08:50)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

um doubles... no..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6590|Florida

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

The ol magnet on the meter brother.
That only works on the old style meters lol.  I think those have been replaced with digital ones, atleast here they have lol.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6661|Norway

Alright, whenever i invest alot of hours into bf2, my electricity bill jumps so high in the price (usually 30 ish$ to 90$). I'm thinking a new power supply would lower it as i have a custom built comp with the stock power supply that came with the case. Will this fix the amount of power my machine hogs if it remains the same watt or is there another way to fix this, other than not playing bf2 as much?
How many watts are your power supply?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6697|Espoo, Finland

i know for sure its my bf2, NOTHING else. Now, what can i do to reduce the intake of electricity to my computer. besides a) not playing.

Vilham wrote:

your right, i dont want your help, now gtfo
Real mature. Asking for help and when you get replies, you call them retarded and still expect people to gladly help you out...
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Playing bf2 has more than doubled my electricity bill, solution?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard