joetuffguy
+0|6324
Gentlemen, how do I patch AF when it  "resides" on EA Link and not my hard drive?  I am getting the "cant play because of unmodified content" error when joining game on line.
Thanks in advance to all who reply
joetuffguy

Last edited by joetuffguy (2007-01-03 14:46:50)

lettuce
site lurkerer
+26|6643|cheshire u.k
as far as i know,after you have d/l'd and installed AF you just run the patch again.it's what i've done.hope that helps.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6371|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Unfortunately you have to uninstall everything after that the process is like this

1) Install BF2
2) Install SF
3) Install Patch 1.41
4) Install Euro Force (if you have it)
5) Install Armored Fury
6) Install patch 1.41 (yes, again)

I've heard you have to reboot in between every step but I didn't do that when I had the problem. Also the account your trying to play under has to have the same name as your GameSpy ID, that's what was screwin me up in EF.

There's a help section on EA's website that I used when I had the problem, gimme sec & I'll get you the link.

btw AF is still on your hard drive, when you run the patch it patches everything related to BF2

Here's the link to the EA help file: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … _topview=1

Ignore everything that doesn't apply to you. I can't read through it all right now but if it's different from what I already posted then try it EA's way & if that doesn't work try it the way I wrote here because that's the way I got it to work.

Last edited by MagikTrik (2007-01-03 15:20:51)

joetuffguy
+0|6324
Thanks guys. Magik's way is EA's way.I will try that  But I am worried when I get to AF that just downloading EA Link will not be the same as putting a disk in my computer (I bought a download on line from EA) to install.
I mean the games (AF and EF) are mine to play via EA Link but i never click on or have the option to click on download or install because EA Link has them and the say I already own them (duh). they must store the games for me because when I was uninstalling all my games there is no AF or EF programs to uninstall and  when I uninstalled EA Link it was an itsy bitsy file not a file with two games on it. More like a file with little more than an icon in it. so you thoughts are greatly appreciated guys.
joetuffguy
alfman
+1|6468
i have just purchased af and ef and i got that error i then patch them with the 1.41 patch and rebooted my computer and i have had no problems.  i purchased them threw ea link i had no problems yet touch wood lol
joetuffguy
+0|6324
Gentlemen, your input has been helpful and I have resolved my issues. (thanks to majik and others, NOT EA) I will remember you guys when I'm out playing bf2 (all of them) and if i have you in my sights well ...I'll just say hello an spare your lives .......once or twice and then it will be back to GIT SOME BABY!! GIT SOME BABY!!
Seriously though, you are all kind in the forums and I appreciate you guys for that.
Joetuffguy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard