djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6349|Oregon
So... a friend, after I told him that I just got a new laptop and wanted F.E.A.R.
He said "Good luck running it on a laptop..."

and I told him my specs...

Intel Core duo 2.0Ghz
NVidia GO 7900
2 GB 677 RAM

Now, i don't know EVERYTHING about computers... in fact, not much compared to many of you BF2Sers... but I'm pretty sure that's plenty good enough to run F.E.A.R....
Am I wrong? Is there something I don't know or don't get?
And.... what about Company Of Heroes?
slicknic
+145|6639
yea youll be able to run fear

laptops of course arent exact equivalents of desktop counterparts, but they still can do pretty well.  You friend is just underestimating it... or just jealous ;p
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6349|Oregon
thanks buddy...

When I bought it, i first thought about college, and a nice multimedia laptop that i could use for music too, as I produce some Hip-Hop stuff...  but you know... since my parents were helping me with paying for it... I took some "gaming liberties" that I hoped would let me play the games that come out for the next little while... not necessarily on high settings... So i was freaked when he told me it wouldn't run...

anyway... thanks
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6562|UK

Isnt fear DX10?  Bah I would expect your laptop should be able to handle it just fine though I wouldnt expect to be running everything on all high.......  Then again that goes for 99% of the worlds computer owners

Martyn
Sk
stat padding is for girls
+41|6402

Bell wrote:

Isnt fear DX10?  Bah I would expect your laptop should be able to handle it just fine though I wouldnt expect to be running everything on all high.......  Then again that goes for 99% of the worlds computer owners

Martyn
nope... dx9...

runs fine and dandy on my inspiron 9300, which is crapper than yours
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6416|Alberta, Canada

Bell wrote:

Isnt fear DX10?
To my knowledge, there is not yet a game out there yet that utilizes DX10.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6403|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
i can run it on low on my laptop but i lag like a bitch, got intel intergrated graphics and only 512 ram lol
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Bell wrote:

Isnt fear DX10?
To my knowledge, there is not yet a game out there yet that utilizes DX10.
FEAR? DX10? Of course not. In fact it has a DX8 render mode if I remember right.

FSX. But doesn't include the DX10 render path, that'll come later in a patch. Not that you could run any DX10 games at the moment, because they're are no G80 drivers for Vista.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

You'll run F.E.A.R easy on that. I'm pretty sure your laptop's a bit better, (graphics card & processor,) then my PC and I can run F.E.A.R with everything on full. If you havn't alread got one, get a decent sound system though 'cause F.E.A.R needs great sound to fully illustate the creepyness of it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
slicknic
+145|6639
id assume you could play COH but i havnt played it on my comp (but on my friends pc w/ 7800 gtx he can run it)
Swimmerxc
+12|6491|DC/VA

djphetal wrote:

So... a friend, after I told him that I just got a new laptop and wanted F.E.A.R.
He said "Good luck running it on a laptop..."

and I told him my specs...

Intel Core duo 2.0Ghz
NVidia GO 7900
2 GB 677 RAM

Now, i don't know EVERYTHING about computers... in fact, not much compared to many of you BF2Sers... but I'm pretty sure that's plenty good enough to run F.E.A.R....
Am I wrong? Is there something I don't know or don't get?
And.... what about Company Of Heroes?
dell's E1501 with w Core Solo and a X1400 can run FEAR

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard