Poll

360 or gt3

36065%65% - 19
Gt334%34% - 10
Total: 29
Sk
stat padding is for girls
+41|6395
near the end of last year, I got myself a porker 911 GT3 after finally decided on what it was I actually wanted.

now, a few months later, I took out a Ferrari 360 spider f1 today for a bit of a "joy ride" from the garage I got my GT3 from and thought it was excellent.

I fully enjoy the GT3, yet I also find the 360 appealing.
I can't afford both, but could trade the GT3 in and get the 360 with a little extra cash...

Can anyone give me the inside scoop on owning / living with a 360? What are it's problems etc...
basically, what's it REALLY like...

I'm asking (hoping) for advice from people in the know regarding the 360 or GT3 to comment only please.
(hence it being in the debate and serious talk section)

I understand if no-one can help, as they're probably more "specific" cars, but I posted on pistonheads and couldn't really get a straight answer there.. lol.

Last edited by Sk (2007-01-04 18:48:05)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
I have both... and it just depends on what mood i'm in which one to drive... lol...    Its hard to believe you cant afford both?   Is thread to let everyone know your wealthy?
Love is the answer
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6555|UK

As to what you should get, depends what your looking for, 360 is better looking imo (especially the cs version) and the Gt3 is to showy. 

360's dont really have enough torque, that said it is a fast car, but low down you will be wanting for power, if it is an early 360, the F1 gear boxes are a bit jerky and can fail (personally I like manuals).

2000-2001 cars had a recall so you will want to make sure that was done (should be though), I read the roof's can leak, and a 360 is not exactly, 'safe'.

Personally I would have the 360, other than the problems I said up there, theres nothing really inherently wrong with them (least not to my knowledge) any other issues would really just be unique to the car.  Try and get as late a car as possible, the last of the 360's before the change over to F430's really did have some major advancements over the early cars.

Martyn
Sk
+41|6395

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I have both... and it just depends on what mood i'm in which one to drive... lol...    Its hard to believe you cant afford both?   Is thread to let everyone know your wealthy?
yeah.. I'm wealthy.

My grandfather passed away during last summer and left his estate to me.
I sold the house, gave enough money to pay off my parents mortgage, and got something I really wanted... like my grandad asked me to do.

No. this post isn't to let everyone know I'm wealthy, I could've just taken a picture of the car and plastered it in the junk drawer and boasted about it.

I'm asking this question here, as I asked it on pistonheads and couldn't get a decent answer.
I also am aware that other people on here HAVE ferrari's and other supercars, and it is them I am addressing for their input.
Sk
+41|6395

Bell wrote:

As to what you should get, depends what your looking for, 360 is better looking imo (especially the cs version) and the Gt3 is to showy. 

360's dont really have enough torque, that said it is a fast car, but low down you will be wanting for power, if it is an early 360, the F1 gear boxes are a bit jerky and can fail (personally I like manuals).

2000-2001 cars had a recall so you will want to make sure that was done (should be though), I read the roof's can leak, and a 360 is not exactly, 'safe'.

Personally I would have the 360, other than the problems I said up there, theres nothing really inherently wrong with them (least not to my knowledge) any other issues would really just be unique to the car.  Try and get as late a car as possible, the last of the 360's before the change over to F430's really did have some major advancements over the early cars.

Martyn
hmmz.. this one is a 2001 model, and the gearbox DID feel a tad lumpy, but thought that was just the flappy panel gearbox rubbish.

I love manuals too, but as this was the first car I'd tried with one, I can see the appeal

I had a look around for a challenge, but the only one I could find that wasn't broken was well above my price range

thanks for the info
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6555|UK

Sk wrote:

Bell wrote:

Martyn
hmmz.. this one is a 2001 model, and the gearbox DID feel a tad lumpy, but thought that was just the flappy panel gearbox rubbish.

I love manuals too, but as this was the first car I'd tried with one, I can see the appeal

I had a look around for a challenge, but the only one I could find that wasn't broken was well above my price range

thanks for the info
Get a body kit, it's just tarted up side skirts and bumpers, and a liped boot (asthetically anyways), the performance gains are noticeable but the ride, OUCH!.  If it is a 2001 car I would suggest sticking to manual, you dont want to be showing off and the thing breaks on you!  What year is the GT3 you are looking at?

Martyn
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

You won't get the mid engine fun of a Ferrari from the GT3. It's an easy decision, German efficiency or Italian enthusiasm? Buying a super(ish) car I'd go for the 360 anyday.

What sort of 360 and what sort of GT3 anyway?

What about an F430? They're very nice. Here's a little recommendation.
Sk
+41|6395

Bell wrote:

Sk wrote:

Bell wrote:

Martyn

thanks for the info
Get a body kit, it's just tarted up side skirts and bumpers, and a liped boot (asthetically anyways), the performance gains are noticeable but the ride, OUCH!.  If it is a 2001 car I would suggest sticking to manual, you dont want to be showing off and the thing breaks on you!  What year is the GT3 you are looking at?

Martyn
I've already got the gt3... 55 reg (end of 2005)
Sk
+41|6395

Bertster7 wrote:

You won't get the mid engine fun of a Ferrari from the GT3. It's an easy decision, German efficiency or Italian enthusiasm? Buying a super(ish) car I'd go for the 360 anyday.

What sort of 360 and what sort of GT3 anyway?

What about an F430? They're very nice. Here's a little recommendation.
2001 360 spider f1
and 2005 996 GT3

I would love a F430, but they're sadly more than I can afford.
I'd have to remortgage to get one, and that's not a good idea
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6536|Boston, MA
I don't have anything to contribute to this thread except to say that that pic in your sig is hilarious!
PRiMACORD
+190|6631|Home of the Escalade Herds
Get the 360.

I've driven a 997 GT3 and a while ago, an '04 360. The 360 is a much better crafted machine imo. It handles better, pulls harder and sounds a lot nicer (V8's rule).

Oh and last but not least, it's a fucking Ferrari.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6750|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
LOL when i read the title of this threat before entering i thougth you were referring to women. like, should i stick with this fat girlfriend or should i dump her and go out with this hot, but kinda ugly girl. and i was expecting pictures.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6451|The Land of Scott Walker
I vote horse.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6536|The lunar module
https://img442.imageshack.us/img442/414/porssedi3.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Whatever George Jetson drives will own any car here.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario
ive sat in a 360 and they are niiice. try and get it black too
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina
I personally like both, but if you can afford it, I would go with a Lambo Murcielago LP640.

https://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4234/murcilago061024hj9.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard