Which Brand is Better

Tokyo Marui36%36% - 19
Classic Army19%19% - 10
Other (please state)11%11% - 6
Dude, ditch airsoft, paintball where it is at32%32% - 17
Total: 52
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6537|London, UK
While we're on airsoft gun advice and stuff....
I'm about to get myself my first real airsoft guns, I've used rental M16's, AK's, M4's and MP5's, but I'm getting a Toyko Marui L96 and MP5K, seeing as I'm more a support sniper. The L96 is out-of-the-box new,  bolt action and spring powered, and the MP5K is a second hand electric powered gun, unsure of what make it is. I'm able to get both for £100 (about $195 dollars). Would appreciate a good reccomendation for a sniper's loadout, max end budget is £160 ($300).
Warstarz
+11|6473

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

Damn... Some of those suckers cost nearly as much as brand new, real guns that shoot real bullets...  Surely, I see how this is a good option for people outside of the US, or other places where guns are hard to get, but damn.

I'd spring for a good pellet gun or a paintball gun if I had no other options--unless I was keen on playing with other airsoft people, that is.
I use airsoft guns because you can't legally shoot your friends or have a firefight with a real gun or pellet gun and a paintball gun is too messy when you want to play in your house or in the backyard.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6519|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

I'm about to get myself my first real airsoft guns, I've used rental M16's, AK's, M4's and MP5's, but I'm getting a Toyko Marui L96 and MP5K, seeing as I'm more a support sniper. The L96 is out-of-the-box new,  bolt action and spring powered, and the MP5K is a second hand electric powered gun, unsure of what make it is. I'm able to get both for £100 (about $195 dollars). Would appreciate a good reccomendation for a sniper's loadout, max end budget is £160 ($300).
As an Airsoft Sniper, I wouldn't go with Spring.  A Tanaka M700 Gas Rifle is much stronger (Mine - Customized breaks 800FPS, but stock goes at least 650) and more reliable, and you don't need to pull back nearly as hard on the Bolt.  As for a loadout, get a Good Ghillie that matches the field you intend to spend most of your time at. Good Ghillie Site

For a Sidearm, get a Tokyo Marui Mk.23 Non Blow Back.  Incredibly quiet, and accurate out to 100 feet.  You'll want a holster for that.  For Spare Mags, I use This.  It can fit under or over a ghillie, is lightweight and not bulky.  If you need to carry more mags than that, your a shitty Sniper.  Make Sure you get a good scope for your Gun, preferably a variable one from 3-10X.  Try and get Illuminated Crosshairs.  I also have a cheekrest and a Harris Bipod for my gun.

Unfortunately, You can't expect a Good Sniper Setup for $300.  I've put at least $1000 into my Sniper Setup alone, nevermind the MG-36,  M16A4 DMR, and G36K w/AG36.  (And a TM MP5 RAS I got for free).

I play Airsoft because I'm not yet 18, Can't buy any fun guns in California, and I can shoot myself in the foot to see if it's loaded and be fine.
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6511|The Suburb at Karkand
Classic Army M15A4 350 FPS great accuracy easy to use/clean reliable and wont break..
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6537|London, UK

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

As an Airsoft Sniper, I wouldn't go with Spring.  A Tanaka M700 Gas Rifle is much stronger (Mine - Customized breaks 800FPS, but stock goes at least 650) and more reliable, and you don't need to pull back nearly as hard on the Bolt.  As for a loadout, get a Good Ghillie that matches the field you intend to spend most of your time at. Good Ghillie Site

For a Sidearm, get a Tokyo Marui Mk.23 Non Blow Back.  Incredibly quiet, and accurate out to 100 feet.  You'll want a holster for that.  For Spare Mags, I use This.  It can fit under or over a ghillie, is lightweight and not bulky.  If you need to carry more mags than that, your a shitty Sniper.  Make Sure you get a good scope for your Gun, preferably a variable one from 3-10X.  Try and get Illuminated Crosshairs.  I also have a cheekrest and a Harris Bipod for my gun.

Unfortunately, You can't expect a Good Sniper Setup for $300.  I've put at least $1000 into my Sniper Setup alone, nevermind the MG-36,  M16A4 DMR, and G36K w/AG36.  (And a TM MP5 RAS I got for free).

I play Airsoft because I'm not yet 18, Can't buy any fun guns in California, and I can shoot myself in the foot to see if it's loaded and be fine.
Thanks for the advice man, great stuff, +1 for you. Sadly, I'm running on student loans, so I'll have to scrape cash from somewhere. I've already got a good Ghillie suit though, no probs there!
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6537|London, UK
Lol, I'm 19, and I play airsoft becasue British law is a bit wonky on owning a live-ammunition weapon....I dunno, they just don't seem to want to share them with us civvies!

Anyway, from your advice, I got an M40A1 Tanaka rifle with M3 3.5-10x40 King Arms Scope, 1 Spare, 10 round mag, speed loader and ring mounts, for just under £500 (probably $700, I don't know, you work it out.)
Fires between 310-500, I think, and I tested it and zero'd the scope as best I could, works fine. LOL, I wasn't warned the PCS bolt and the Hop-up adjustor were set to minimum power, it was quite annoying to watch them drop after 20feet! As to sidearm, saving up for that, but going to buy a TM Colt M1911A1 most probably. Thanks again man! The Ghillie suit site was also very useful!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6239|Winland

For a new player with tight budget I suggest the Jing Gong/Echo 1 guns. They're a bit plastic, but they're simple to use, shoot fast-as-hell out of the box, and they're cheap! You get a 360fps G36C for $115 at AirSplat. They're not the best, but they're effective and cheap, and if you take care of them, they last fairly long too
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6549|Bournemouth, South England
Get a high powered air rifle, pussy!
Silentkillr69
+6|6219|Chicago
PAINTBALL is all i have to see. see you all in the xball arena. PM7.
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6584|My head
Warstarz get a "shortie." Or something you can find @ Dick's.  Ya they suck, but it's good enough to run around with and if they break, so what, at least you didnt spend a fortune.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard