White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
Come on guys this is a matter of life or death... not really
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

Stop bumping.

If no one on these forums can help you with your question then try asking on a guitar oriented forum.
LockerFish
+47|6728
$300 by Ibanez, I'd say copy I guess. Don't know for sure what you're talking about.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6715|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
What do you mean real or copy?
Mogura
+17|6385|EUROPE

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

What do you mean real or copy?
well he mean if its a real guitar ? or if its a copy guitar ?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
Sorry voodoo, yeh know what your saying fish, but seeing as the compant has a phone number i would think it was real, was hoping some of you would know
LockerFish
+47|6728
I figured by "real" he meant like an original used by a famous person/professional like James Marshall Hendrix or Jimmy Page or Herman Lee...

You're an idiot, for $300 it's a working guitar most likely. Just call them ffs.

Last edited by LockerFish (2007-01-04 14:23:28)

Mogura
+17|6385|EUROPE
check this one
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=GAX70

its the official site of  it

Last edited by Mogura (2007-01-04 14:24:37)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6715|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Bleh. I wish I knew about guitars. I do know about bass guitars, though!
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
same as me spade *well i try too*

remember this is 300 POUND not DOLLARS, just incase anyone didnt know

Last edited by White-Fusion (2007-01-04 14:26:36)

cospengle
+140|6509|Armidale, NSW, Australia

White-Fusion wrote:

Sorry voodoo, yeh know what your saying fish, but seeing as the compant has a phone number i would think it was real, was hoping some of you would know
Did you try ringing the phone number? Maybe you could ask them.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
yeah he is going to phone em tomorow and find out, thanks for the help
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6779|Hell, p.o box 666

Its just a low priced Ibanez AX series. Nothing special.

who in the hell would copy a korean made guitar?!?!?
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6454|Washington State, USA

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Bleh. I wish I knew about guitars. I do know about bass guitars, though!
so do i...I should get sponsored by Ernie Ball because I buy so many of their basses....
the Ibanez's arent very good....the RG's are a lot better and th Prestige series is the best. but in my opinion? those look like ripoffs of Gibson SG's in a way.

Last edited by InfectiousShadow (2007-01-04 15:31:05)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6553|Boston, MA
I don't know much about guitars, I've been playing for almost 3 years though. I just know how to play them but one thing I do know, is the fact that you should not go out and buy some cheap version of a guitar, it's not worth it. If you ever use a good guitar, you will immediately know the difference. People buy cheap guitars because they don't want to spend that much but you have to think, you'll have this thing for the rest of your life! If you truly enjoy guitar, dish out the money for a good one! Also, don't go out thinking you can buy a really good guitar and sound like a god on some practice amp, one good piece of equipment still won't sound good if the other is terrible.

I lucked out and got a really cheap Marshall JCM800 and Ibanez Jem777 from a guy at work, total it came to about $1100, if I bought it all new it would come to roughly $5000. I use this stuff all the time and whenever I use one of my friends guitars or something, I immediately notice the difference. Those sound just awful and it discourages me to play.

The other thing that I know is you need a guitar that suits you, if you want clean go for a Fender Strat because of the single coil pickups, if you want all distortion and just rock out, grab something like a Gibson Les Paul, since they have the humbuckers. Again, all pretty basic info but beginners often overlook that and just pick the first thing that catches their eye. And one last thing, I'd really suggest going out and trying the guitar in person before you order it online. You also want a guitar that feels nice. I have a Les Paul too and I hate it because it's so big and heavy and the neck is so slow. It also doesn't sound nearly as nice since it's an Epiphone but I hate playing it even without the amp. My Jem is the lightest guitar I ever held, the neck is also incredibly smooth and just feels incredibly fast. So remember, just be careful when you pick these things!
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
Nice frankie, very nice +1
InfectiousShadow
wow nice a JCM800 and a Jem for 1100? thats a great deal.

If you want a really nice tone i might add is to get a all tube amp or (valve) ampas you brits call them. a little Fender Hot Rod Deluxe could work but if you want to play a little louder you might want to get a halfstack like Orange amps or Marshall JCM2000 Triple Super lead or a JCM800 with a 412 cab. oh and if you want a really nice clean tone than get a Fender Strat or a Tele and get a nice VOX amp like a AC30. or if you like a really fucken heavy tone then get a Mesa Boogie Triple Recitfier...wow i think i got carried away.

heres a list:
Clean- Fender Strat, Fender Tele (Deluxe, normal, or thinline, Custom), Generally anything with a Single coil
Distorted tones- anything like a Gibson SG (great lead guitar), Les Paul (great Rhythm guitar, also is really nice clean too) any guitar that has Dimarzios or Seymour Duncan pickups (well not all SD's are meant for distortion but they both work really well in distortion and clean.
mother fucking heavy- Dean Dimebag Tribute or any guitar that has EMG Humbuckers (Zack Wylde LP, all ESP's)

Last edited by InfectiousShadow (2007-01-04 16:13:09)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6553|Boston, MA
I know it's a great deal. It's so sick, I love using this thing. Here's pics of it:

Guitar:

https://myspace-320.vo.llnwd.net/01023/02/38/1023548320_l.jpg

Amp with other cheapo guitars:

https://myspace-707.vo.llnwd.net/00847/70/70/847130707_l.jpg

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2007-01-04 16:22:07)

InfectiousShadow
dude that is kickass i might as well post mine. and yes i have more than one bass, ernie ball just likes to take 4 months to build a bass. the black one is the one ernie ball is making for me right now.

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/Ampeg_SVT/th_futurebass.jpg
this is the one that EB is building its called a Sterling

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/Ampeg_SVT/stuff/th_6635ffb0.jpg
thats the Ernie ball I have, its called the Stingray

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/Ampeg_SVT/th_100_0430.jpg
this is a close up on my Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/Ampeg_SVT/th_100_0429.jpg
and here is the whole thing
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
Nice one guys, my friend is reading these forums, and appreciates your help

*Shadow that bass is gorgeous*

Last edited by White-Fusion (2007-01-04 16:56:52)

Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6797
Yeah Ibanez makes one nice bass. My friend did have one of their guitars (a really nice one, around $600) that sounded really nice but would NEVER stay in-tune.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6574|Scotland
Sieg listning to your band on myspace, pretty good
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6553|Boston, MA
I love the look of that stingray

And Sieg, my Jem has the Floyd Rose locking system so you could use the whammy bar and bend it until the strings are basically spaghetti, and then let go and it stays perfectly in tune. Hell, I've had the same strings for maybe a month and a half and maybe tuned them once since because you always have to retune it once after you beat them in a bit.
InfectiousShadow

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I love the look of that stingray

And Sieg, my Jem has the Floyd Rose locking system so you could use the whammy bar and bend it until the strings are basically spaghetti, and then let go and it stays perfectly in tune. Hell, I've had the same strings for maybe a month and a half and maybe tuned them once since because you always have to retune it once after you beat them in a bit.
yeah thanks, yeah the guitar wont go out of tune because it has a locking nut so the strings will not slip at the nut causing the guitar to go out of tune. prettty neat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard