Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

recklr wrote:

Quit living the past dude...
*sigh* We STILL see people posting here unsure (or just plain wrong) about bullet drop.

You commenting on this thread as though the first post questioning about bullet drop/no bullet drop were still actually relevant was 'living in the past'. And take a look at the rest of the informative posts in the thread BTW, you seem to have missed them first time round.

recklr wrote:

Thats what I said...
Oh really?

You: "Don't go back and look for the sniper that just killed you"
Me: "You don't have to go to the same spot to get 'em back"

Oh yeah, they're SO the same. But that aside, if you want to tuck your tail between your legs and not try to get the guy back that got you be my guest

recklr wrote:

Look me up if you please PID61324465.
Thought that would be you:
nice accuracy;
good to see you don't overuse claymores;
but you need to work on your kill rate.

And cap a few flags every now and then FFS!

recklr wrote:

Not like I said I was gods gift to snipers...
No, that's true. But you did imply that you knew better that a lot of others and believe me, there's plenty better than you or I will ever be that didn't realise this; deviation makes one doubt oneself unless you know it's there, and without the forums how would you? The game doesn't tell us; so you can be adjusting aim for no reason.

recklr wrote:

I play at Mashtuur City 24/7 Insomnia365. Come gets some if your crazy!!!
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was posted ironically.

recklr wrote:

I know people still question this theory, who cares let them wonder about this while we kill them and improve our stats.
Missing the point much?

Oh and off topic but:

recklr wrote:

It wasn't so long ago when people drilled a hole in your head to rid the evil spirits causing your headache.
FYI, trepanning was not done for headaches

recklr wrote:

We (humans) get smarter as the time progresses...
Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble matey but if you think this then you're not one of them.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6645|Valley of the Dragons
I dont get the point of your postings recklr. Apperently I still care enough about the game that I want people to have all the facts and truths when they fire up their computers for a game of BF2. There is nothing faulty about that. You seem to forget that we still get new people into this game on a daily basis.
Capt_Flapjack
+12|6900|Kansas City, MO, USA
I think this was a great thread until recklr started being a douche, and people got mad at him.  Back to bullet drop.  So you are telling me that when I use my L96A1 I will NEVER have to aim above the head for a headshot as long as its within say 400m?
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6931|Bulgaria
hm, very in-depth!
but I am not a fan of the sniper kit, I hate it since Bf1942 actually.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

Capt_Flapjack wrote:

So you are telling me that when I use my L96A1 I will NEVER have to aim above the head for a headshot as long as its within say 400m?
What gave you that idea? Read the first post again. Bullet drop is continuous, right? The shooting on Sharqi was ~170m, for the shots that registered as headshots the bar was just touching the top of the head or a pixel or two above. Any ranges longer than this and you have to aim higher and higher.

At 400m the amount you aim above is significant... my graphics card can't see that far so I never have to worry about this But from the table that Jemme101 has plugged (see last link in my sig, it'll take you directly to one of his posts) it's 0.73m at 400m. That's 2 feet and change to you.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6818|Houston, Texas
Good write up, though I think you are mixing up bulliet deviation and bullet drop. Simply look at the UBAR and you will notice there is no bullet drop listed. The game is setup to move the bullet certain directions randomly aka they are not 100% accurate. You can do the exact same shot 15 times, placing it in the same exact spot, and you will sometimes hit and sometimes miss.

Bullet drop does not exist in this game. Bullet deviation does. Bullet drop would be loss of power over a distance - this game doesn't calculate it. It simply moves the bullet randomly left/right/up/down based on random bullet deviation, not distance from target. Do the same test, but do not go above someones head, go to the left or right of it based dead center of his face, and you'd see the same results.

Those interested in more accurate sniper rifles, check the ubar and look at the deviation based in diffrent scenarios - standing/crouched/prone. If this game calculated bullet drop, you would be able to use the lines on the north/south axis to compensate for the distance to target - which you dont need to because there is no bullet drop. East/West lines on a rifle scope are for wind. They were simply put on the scopes image to look realistic, though totaly useless in this game.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6801
Man and I thought I was doing well with the sniper before....cant wait to try some of these things out.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Good write up, though I think you are mixing up bulliet deviation and bullet drop.
Read what I typed carefully, you'll see I allude to misses that bullet drop wouldn't account for; I've also mentioned before in relation to missed headshots when sniping the roofline of Sharqi's TV station from Construction Site. If a shot is clearly aimed right but it turns out not to be a headshot them surely it should register as a body hit? Well no, it either doesn't register at all or it's a clean miss, due to deviation to the left, right or above.

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Bullet drop does not exist in this game.
You can't be serious; 100 hours sniping and... oh never mind. Let me make this simple for you:

https://www.xs4all.nl/~thoorens/bf2/bulletdroptravel.jpg

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Bullet drop would be loss of power over a distance...
Only if air friction were modelled, which it isn't.

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

...this game doesn't calculate it.
No, but gravity and bullet velocity are. No prizes for guessing what you get when you combine those two together.

Anyway, it's been confirmed that there is bullet drop if you don't want to take anyone else's word for it:
"...there is gravity on all objects in the game, so the bullets do indeed drop."
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6490|Cali
good job! nice work!
l41e
+677|6793

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

which you dont need to because there is no bullet drop.
Uh, wrong. Do you know what those chevrons on the real-life SVD reticle are for? Distances above 1000 meters. E.g. lengthwise, across 2 Karkands, minus 24m.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2007-01-05 18:51:48)

bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland
man I know this is slightly behind for this topic, but I really do hate the M95, its so damn inaccurate, which sucks when playin as MEC or PLA cos I cant unlock the L96

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard