11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6464|behind my rifle
ok now ive had the first model ipod 20 GB ipod for a little over a year now and ive never had any problems with it before. Today i went to turn my ipod off and i shut it off to go to school. at about 1230 for weightlifting and turned the hold button off and went  to turn it on, but to my surprise it didnt turn on, first i thought my batter was dead, but i got home and plugged it in, and nothing happened. so i let it charge the whole night and checked it out today after 5 hours of charging. i went to turn it on and nothing happened again. i think its broken but i dont know what happend. i plugged into my comp and itunes didnt come up and update the songs on it, so i looked at my computer and it said that my ipod is working fine???!?!?! any help would be great. sry if my story dont help my ipod has a full battery and wont turn on. thats the story
APortillo
+21|6518|California, USA
Your battery might not be able to hold a charge anymore.
Also check out the apple support and troubleshooting site:
http://www.apple.com/support/

Last edited by APortillo (2007-01-03 20:14:13)

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6562|Brisbane, Aus

ipods screens can totaly black out sometimes, among many other problems, google is your friend
KO
Banned
+31|6548|New Jersey
did u try to reset it? Also my ipod (regular 20 gb) broke 5 times ( i only blame myself for 2/3 times) and a couple times it had the same problem as urs, could be a cracked harddrvie but im not positive

p.s. if ur geting a new, get the new nano.  i have one and it has great durability
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life

KO wrote:

did u try to reset it? Also my ipod (regular 20 gb) broke 5 times ( i only blame myself for 2/3 times) and a couple times it had the same problem as urs, could be a cracked harddrvie but im not positive

p.s. if ur geting a new, get the new nano.  i have one and it has great durability
what did you do when u had my problem, get a new ipod
KO
Banned
+31|6548|New Jersey

11sog_raider wrote:

KO wrote:

what did you do when u had my problem, get a new ipod
i had the thing u call a warranty..ever hear of those? and after my 20 gb ipod warranty ran out i got the nano  for my brithday

Last edited by KO (2007-01-03 20:17:38)

Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6336|Toronto Canada
ipod batteries are weird at least the ones for the video I'm not sure about the 20 gigs, but their only able to be charged a certain amount of times, so if you have charged it a lot in the past that may be the problem sorry i cant be more help, but ya do what aportillo says and check the apple support site
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6348|California

APortillo wrote:

Your battery might not be able to hold a charge anymore.
Also check out the apple support and troubleshooting site
for one thing

*the PCized versions of the ipod blow*get the normnal version*

now

*the battery may not hold a charge anymore (everything does that eventually) and just go buy the kit for 20 USD to put in another battery*

*the charger/sync slot on your ipod might be damaged from using it so much*

*the harddrive might be busted just from wear and tear (the hard drives have gotten alot better and if you have the warrenty still valid you can just get it replaced)*
hope this helped
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6575|United States
Ok... if you look at the front of the thing does it have an Apple logo on it? Does it say ipod on the back? There's your problem.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
^ lol yeah at beerzGod ,but i wont it for free so i cant bitch, but problems solved. APortillo +1 karma for you for helping me. now if a mod could close this so it wont bother anyone anymore that would be nice

Last edited by 11sog_raider (2007-01-03 20:23:41)

jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6745|Norcal, usa
well i would try resetting it first.
i didn't know they even made first generation 20 gb
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6437|Washington State, USA
happened to my nano, i just reset. but at least you got your fixed
beerface702
+65|6698|las vegas
dump in a trash can

all you need is a boom box and some tapes!

wtf! kids these days

lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard